Police Beating of Paul Clark (Part 2)

Whoa! Terry (and Paul) my apologies if you have taken the tone of my last posting as an attempt at a “telling off”. I was just trying to point out to Paul, Terry, that he wasn’t being singled out here, and that “spirited debate” seems to be the norm here on forumosa. Additionally, I wasn’t trying to tell off or attack Paul by suggesting that there are lots of issues going on in the lives of people who post here, as evidenced by the humongous variety of threads, and that not everyone would react sympathetically towads Paul’s actions. My point was more along the lines of - get to know the community and you’ll understand more where people are coming from. At very least, please undestand that my “tone of voice” wasn’t meant to be snippy or dismissive.

Okay, now, as for the “a grand 80 posts under your belt”, part… :unamused:

(heavy intake of breath… girding loins in preperation to respond to nonsense against better judgement…)

Apparently you joined Forumosa in Nov. 2001, Terry. I joined in April 2002. Yeah you’re right, that makes me such a newbie. Since then, I’ve posted under the name Christos, Mwalimu, and now mwalimu. As Christos I wrote about a racially motivated attempted murder I was witness to, and under the user name Mwalimu, I was there , with many other long time forumosans, to trade body blows with the likes of ABCguy24, and to suggest to you, dear Terry, that looking for private students by smiling at people in McDonald’s wasn’t, shall we say, the best way to go about things, in this thread: [Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … t=privates](How can I get privates? (students, that is!)

(and to this day I can’t believe that ironlady PhD., actually suggested that! :laughing: )

So, you’re right, you are the famous ironlady ( :notworthy:), and some of my early postings got lost in the sauce, and I’ve had my long lapses of active particpation, and hell, I don’t even live in Taiwan anymore, but I think I have a sense of this community, and a reasonably accurate idea of it’s “norms”. And, most importantly I think I know Taiwan as well as most of us. So, give me a break :wink: If you look at my meager “corpus of writings” on this site, I think you’ll find that I’m not about gratuitous dogging or sarcasm.