Political Satire and Political Jokes - Part 2

That’s an urban legend, but many people actually believe that Doonesbury is funny.

Cute.

[quote]Useful Travel Phrases for Tourists in Iraq

AKBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOFTAN.
Thank you for showing me your marvellous gun.

FEKR GABUL GARDAN DAVAT PAEH GUSH DIVAR.
I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms above my head and my legs apart.

SHOMAEH FEKR TAMOMEH OEH GOFTEH BANDE.
I agree with everything you have ever said or thought in your life.

AUTO ARRAREGH DAVATEMAN MANO SEPAHEH-HAST.
It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk of your car.

FASHAL-EH TUPEHMAN NA DEGAT MANO GOFTAM CHEESHAYEH MOHEMARA JEBEHKESHVAREHMAN.
If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.

KHREL, JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEII AMRIKAHEY.
I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies travelling as reporters.

BALLI, BALLI, BALLI!
Whatever you say!

MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLIEH, GHORBAN.
The red blindfold would be lovely, excellency.

TIKEH NUNEH BA OB KHRELLEH BEZORG VA KHRUBE BOYAST INO BEGERAM.
The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you. I must have the recipe.

“As the saying goes, when the facts are agin’ you, talk up character. When you lack character, talk about how ugly the other guy’s wife is.” [/quote]

planetdan.net/pics/misc/georgie.htm

[quote=“Richardm”][quote]Useful Travel Phrases for Tourists in Iraq

AKBAR KHALI-KILI HAFTIR LOFTAN.
Thank you for showing me your marvellous gun.

FEKR GABUL GARDAN DAVAT PAEH GUSH DIVAR.
I am delighted to accept your kind invitation to lie down on the floor with my arms above my head and my legs apart.

SHOMAEH FEKR TAMOMEH OEH GOFTEH BANDE.
I agree with everything you have ever said or thought in your life.

AUTO ARRAREGH DAVATEMAN MANO SEPAHEH-HAST.
It is exceptionally kind of you to allow me to travel in the trunk of your car.

FASHAL-EH TUPEHMAN NA DEGAT MANO GOFTAM CHEESHAYEH MOHEMARA JEBEHKESHVAREHMAN.
If you will do me the kindness of not harming my genital appendages I will gladly reciprocate by betraying my country in public.

KHREL, JEPAHEH MANEH VA JAYEII AMRIKAHEY.
I will tell you the names and addresses of many American spies travelling as reporters.

BALLI, BALLI, BALLI!
Whatever you say!

MATERNIER GHERMEZ AHLIEH, GHORBAN.
The red blindfold would be lovely, excellency.

TIKEH NUNEH BA OB KHRELLEH BEZORG VA KHRUBE BOYAST INO BEGERAM.
The water-soaked bread crumbs are delicious, thank you. I must have the recipe.

“As the saying goes, when the facts are agin’ you, talk up character. When you lack character, talk about how ugly the other guy’s wife is.” [/quote][/quote]

How did you forget the life saving one =al-Hamdu li-llāh=(All praise be to God) :s

Hope this one hasn’t been posted :smiley:

Hillary at the Smithsonian.

15th century Fra Bartolomeo portrait of the Florentine madman Savonarola

latter-rain.com/eccle/savona.htm

[i]Savonarola delivered, or rather stuttered out. He was ugly, though strong in feature, unimposing in presence, awkward in bearing and in gesture

That’s the joke? A profile? :s
The description? Maybe, but does she stutter?

I thought prenology had been discredited.

Anyone see Stephen Colbert of The Daily Show at the recent WH Correspondents Dinner? :smiley:

Here’s a video tribute to it :bravo:

colbert.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

The report says that it was “a more serious moment”, but I’ve gotta think that he was joking.

[quote=“George Bush on German resistance to the war in Iraq”]In a more serious moment, he said he understood German opposition to the war in Iraq.

"The Germans today simply don’t like war… And I can understand that.

“There is a generation of people whose lives were thrown into complete disarray by a horrible war.” [/quote]

Rather than Colin Powell, or Condi Rice, maybe the administration should have gotten Quaker’s Mikey to sell the war.

“Come on try it! You’ll like war.
Hey! They like it! The Germans like it!”

[quote=“Jaboney”]The report says that it was “a more serious moment”, but I’ve gotta think that he was joking.

[quote=“George Bush on German resistance to the war in Iraq”]In a more serious moment, he said he understood German opposition to the war in Iraq.

"The Germans today simply don’t like war… And I can understand that.

“There is a generation of people whose lives were thrown into complete disarray by a horrible war.” [/quote]

Rather than Colin Powell, or Condi Rice, maybe the administration should have gotten Quaker’s Mikey to sell the war.[/quote]

I think President Bush unwittingly hit the nail on the head. The German people, having been horribly duped by fanaticism in the recent past, are especially attuned to its dangers and the deceptions it employs to achieve its ends.

-Jack Higgins

Yeah, I finally saw the entire video here. (Thanks, Amanda! :slight_smile: )

Wow. Some very good stuff in there (amidst the weak stuff) – but it would have been more appropriate (and less painfully uncomfortable to watch) if Colbert had saved the nastier barbs (say, half of the ones on Iraq and the president) for the Daily Show’s audience.

Colbert is a very funny guy, but he seriously lacks an edit function. He doesn’t know when to stop, when he’s taken it too far or is just being childishly silly. If he had a bit more self-control and maturity, he might be comic genius.