Political Satire and Political Jokes - Part 2

Bush is Hitler?

Actually, I think that Castro is quite close to Hitler. I mean if we compare the ratings of agencies like Human Rights Watch and such, then that would seem to be the fairer comparison.

Of course, and this is only in a joking and satirical fashion that I am speaking about this, but I know of many people who view all religious leaders as Hiterlite Nazis. Shall we take a poll? I only bring this up because the title of this thread is political humor and satire so I would like to better understand the parameters before responding in greater detail? Surely, that is understandable? and within the exact framework and parameters of this thread?

How many would view Christ as Hitler? I speak of course in the sort of mind control that has grown out of many religious traditions? What about Buddha? Siva? Vishnu? Mohammad? Allah? Jehovah? What about the Pope? the Mullahs in Iran? Reverend Jesse Jackson? the Reverend Falwell? the Archbishop of Canterbury? What about Mother Theresa? Many have always suspected some sort of Illuminati thing about her, that she was a shapeshifting reptilian, any jokes on any of these figures? Since this thread is for fun and all… Who else would we say resembles, oh say, just for argument’s sake a Hitler or a Nazi? Purely for laugh’s sake of course… I am just curious to see who qualifies for comparison with Hitler and the Nazis and who does not. I can hardly contain myself from laughing.

May I be the first to suggest, if you got something funny to say - about Mother Theresa or whoever - please go ahead and post it on this thread. Otherwise start a new one.

As for the Hitler comparison taboo thing, I’ve been meaning to start a thread devoted to examining that particular meme for quite some time now. So, I dare you, Right-Side Fred…

It’s just a fucking joke, Fred, posted in a jokes thread. Get a sense of humor.

Mother Theresa? Sure, there are any number of jokes just waiting to be made about her.

Here, fred, I’ll help get you started:

Btw, when this book came out, Christopher Hitchens made the talk show rounds, and put in an appearance on the Dennis Miller show. While as arrogant and vociferous as always, he was pretty funny. Anyways, turns out that “Missionary Position” wasn’t his first choice of a title for the book. He wanted to call it “Hell’s Angel”, but the Hell’s Angels hold the copyright on that one. :laughing: How about that one? A criminal gang that’s managed to enter popular mythology holds the copyright on their name and image.

We’ve already had comics of the sort you suggest depicting Mohammad, my favorite of Jehovah is the golden guy in the sky in Monty Python’s Life of Brian, but the Simpson’s send up who tells Homer that Sunday hymns are “Soooo boring!” is pretty good too.

As for Christ, which one’s your favorite: the televangelist, crusader, or victim?

Oh, and I don’t think that the Castro-Hitler comparison works well at all. Far too much daylight between them on the political spectrum. Castro-Stalin, now that’s a good one. Hell, even Che made that comparison.

But this thread really should be more about the jokes than long, ongoing discussions of them. We could start another thread on the theory and practice of political satire, if you’d like. Or more generally, of satire and humor… we could put it in the Open Forum, next to the puppies.

Nice little animation from Oz. It’s a play on the disgusting stuff up over the return of Australia’s first soldier killed in Iraq and ponders the real reason Australia got involved. Animation: Tomb of the Unknown Reason

HG

This made me laugh out loud yesterday.

from here.

Word is, Chavez has quite the comedic persona. There was also this in the story:

And yeah, I do believe those Hitler pix would only be funny to GWB himself or a neocon insider.

:roflmao:
One of the wonderful things about Canada: four significant parties in Ottawa, this image sums up the “natural party of government”, none of the others are any better over the long haul, and it’s still one of the best places to be.

Check this out for what we Republicans are going to do to the Democrats in the next election. heheh hehehehe hehehe

Fred Smith…

funnyjunk.com/movies/101/Bad … nny/stream

All right I have to admit that a friend’s son gave this link to me, the evil Michael Sutton…

Video clips of Bush screw ups
youtube.com/watch?v=T32Fu_R6 … sh%20idiot

. . . and what the hell is he doing here? :neutral:
youtube.com/watch?v=9M5h4IJo … sh%20idiot
Maybe there should be a rule in debates that you have to keep your hands above the podium.

. . . and before he laid off the bottle
youtube.com/watch?v=UdeCl1ZD … sh%20idiot

Letterman’s top 10 stupid Bush moments
youtube.com/watch?v=pCnjuJ1p … sh%20idiot

Australia’s long history of thumping the aborigines has stepped up in the past few weeks with accusations of widespread sexual abuse of abo kids.

Same same only different:

And meanwhile, on Iraq, this sums things up nicely.

HG

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don’t know where I am.”

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You’re in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, “You must be a Republican.”

“I am,” replied the man. “How did you know?”

“Well,” answered the balloonist, “everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve not been much help to me.”

The man smiled and responded, “You must be a Democrat.”

“I am,” replied the balloonist. “How did you know?”

“Well,” said the man, “you don’t know where you are or where you’re going. You’ve risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it’s my fault.”

Nearly ten years after the Kyoto accords, our planet continues to careen helplessly toward certain environmental destruction. The skies are choked with pollutants. Polar bears are plunging through the thinning ice caps. Ben Affleck is still having problems finding a decent comeback project.

Thankfully, with the new release of Al Gore’s blockbuster eco-documentary “An Inconvenient Truth,” the world is finally heeding the disaster looming on the horizon. But mere consciousness is not enough to cure our current climate ills - it takes action. Here are a few simple things you to put the planet on the road to recovery.

1. Turn off faucets when not in use. While a single dripping faucet may not seem to be much of an environmental hazzard, the numbers really begin to add up when you’re hosting a Sierra Club fundraising party for Laurie David and all 10 of your bathrooms are in use. :laughing: Have your domestic staff check to make sure that electonic sink sensors are working properly, and use other water conservation methods such as installing low-flow bidets. Remember to remind your guests: “If it’s yellow, let it mellow.”

2. Upgrade to a new Gulfstream G550. Next time you take off for Cannes or Sundance or that big Environmental Defense Fund gala, stop and think how much fuel that clunky old G450 is using. Not only does the new G550 have 10.8% better fuel efficiency, it’s quieter, has real burled walnut, and with a maximum cruising speed of Mach 0.885 you’ll never be late for the Palm d’Or ceremony!

3. Crush a Third World economic development movement. One of the most pressing threats facing our environment is rising incomes in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. Only a generation ago, these proud dark people were happily frolicking in the rain forest, foraging for organic foods amid the wonders of nature. Now, corrupted by wealth, they are demanding environmentally hazardous consumer goods like cars and air conditioning and malaria medicine. You can do your part to stop this dangerous consumer trend by supporting environmentally aware leaders like Robert Mugabe and Fidel Castro to foster an economy of sustainable low-impact ecolabor camps. :bravo:

4. Don’t Have Babies. Many people are shocked when they learn that fewer than 25% of the Screen Actors Guild and Directors Guild have been spayed or neutered. :smiley: Sure, babies make great fashion accessories and it’s fun to give them awesome names, like Kumquat Wildebeest Paltrow and Toploader Enchilada Cage. But these miniature humans will eventually grow and begin ravenously consuming the Earth’s depleted reserves of aux pairs and psychotherapists.

5. Alternative fuel motorcades. Let’s face it: whether you are on an international press junket or going to an awards banquet, motorcades are a way of life. But this doesn’t mean you can’t make your red carpet entrance in an eco-friendly way. When possible, tell your publicity team to request a electric, hybrid, or E-85 stretch limo for you and your entourage. Later, when you are vomiting outside the Viper Club, encourage the paparazzi to share the photos to conserve high energy use camera flash pods.

6. Go on a random killing spree. If science has taught us anything, it is that human beings are the root cause of our current environmental mess, and it’s high time that we address these two-legged eco problems head on. Next time you’re on your way to a location shoot, do a little shooting of your own - have the driver lower the tinted windows and pop a few caps on behalf of Mother Earth. Not only will you be doing the environment a good turn, it will earn you valuable youth market “street cred.”

7. “Green begins at home.” Whether you live in East Hampton or Topanga Canyon :smiley: , there are dozens of little things you can do around your compound to minimize harm to the environment. For instance, have your groundskeeping staff lower the water levels in your koi ponds, and turn off your energy-wasting security cameras between 1 AM and 7 AM. If you own a summer ranch in Montana, send an email to the trail boss and tell him/her to add Beano to your cattle herd’s feed to reduce ozone-depleting methane emissions.

8. Phase out the entertainment industry by 2011. If there is one sector of our economy that typifies America’s obscene energy waste, it is the entertainment industry. Every year untold gigawatts are consumed to power studio kleig lights, theater projectors, popcorn machines, and multi-city concert tours, with no discernable benefit to society. With your help, this destructive drag on our environment can be reversed within five years. Do your part by pledging to greenlight only those films that have recycled or incomprehensible story lines, and by signing preachy and unlistenable musical acts. By purging the entertainment market of its dangerous popular appeal, you will be reducing the public’s desire to make wasteful and expensive SUVs trips to their local concert halls, cineplexes and video stores.

9. Commit suicide. As an eco-aware, planetary resource parasite, you will eventually want to kill yourself to spare the environment any further damage that your personal existence has already caused. However, it is important that you plan your suicide carefully as not to disturb the ecosystem’s delicate balance. Self immolation, while poignant, can release up to 50 kg of airborne fluorocarbons. Why not try the the hot new Malibu trend, ritual Japanese sepukku? it’s exotic, elegant, and your intact corpse will make a great compost pile addition.

10. Support eco-friendly organizations and political candidates. Finally, you can make a major impact for environmental good through community legislative action. Like it or not, getting Washington to take action on environmental issues requires intensive lobbying and the election of eco-thinking representatives, and this takes money. There are literally hundreds of worthy environmentalist organizations and candidates out there, and the choices can be confusing. Fortunately, I have taken the work out of this for you. Before you do #9, make a legacy of your commitment to eco-action: send me a bundled contribution via PayPal to my email address, and I will see to it that it gets to the right place. Together, we can make a difference

iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/20 … you.html

It’s not exactly political humor,
unless…

you take note of the fact nearly all these people and their fans (if any) assuredly vote Republican. Anyway, it’s the funniest thing you’ll see today:

Worst Album Covers

A new advert for the NYT’s:

thanks to The Peoples Cube.com

TREASURY TO KELLER: “IRRESPONSIBLE;”
MURTHA, KEAN, HAMILTON INTERVENED

By Michelle Malkin · June 26, 2006 07:24 PM

Wow, in order for that “ad” to be funny, one would have to forget that it’s the White House and conservative columnists like Novak that seems best at releasing the names of CIA officers.

Might as well “slam” the NY Times by calling them “perpetrators of the stupidest quagmire war of our generation”, “the brains behind the ‘No Child Left Behind’ debacle” or “guilty of awarding multi-billion $$ contracts to their cronies at Halliburton.”

Hilarious stuff.

Next, the Republicans (still working through their “freedom fries” frenzy) will probably find an excuse to hate Captain America: