Poll: Do you appreciate Family Mart/7-11's being clean and safe?

I doubt I’ll get the clap from a dirty beer glass.

2 Likes

7-11 is ramping up the game of charging people money for sitting idle, 100NT$ gives you one hour siting on your arse, using WIFI.

1 Like

Herpes Simplex?

Perhaps some hepatitis is more your flavor…?

Wow, where is that? Paying tripple for garbage packed in copious amounts of more garbage wasnt enough?

1 Like

Where is this? I did not notice this at the Southern Taiwan ones?

1 Like

What tier of the market does Circle K service there, I can not remember seeing them in Southern Taiwan , I see mostly the Japanese brands in South mostly 7-11 and Family and can not remember if I saw Lawson?

1 Like

Lawson’s is not here in Taiwan, as far as I could see.

I quite like their NATURAL LAWSON’S subbrand in Japan. Clever marketing to make convenience stores sound “natural.” :grin:

Guy

1 Like

The first Lawson was in USA, same logo as now

2 Likes

Were the cops hiding again? Good thing you support the cops being armed, seeing as how they refuse to use their guns so they’re perfectly safe with them.

I just saw an NYT report that they’d gotten video from inside the school, and the cops didn’t even attempt to open the door, didn’t even try the doorknob. This even though they had a firefighter’s halligan tool that they could have used to rip the door open – that’s what the tool is designed for, and what firefighters use it for every day.

Oh, and also, one of the responding cops stood and watched the gunman go in, but didn’t want to shoot a kid, so. . . .

The cops usually hide. In fact, they have no legal duty to act, so it’s perfectly within their rights to do so. Radio lab just replayed their episode on this. RBG was one of the only dissenting voices to ask “what’s the point of the police?” when it reached the Supreme Court. “There is no point of the police”, according to the lawyer from the national police union. Without saying “this sounds like a great reason to abolish them then”, seriously, if they don’t have a duty to act, based on a ruling from the Supreme Court, there’s no reason for them to exist.

What makes you think I’m in favor of arming anyone? There are plenty of countries on this planet where the cops don’t get to walk around with murder weapons and the populous does much better than the US on the crime stats front. A HIGE percentage of homicides in the US are at the hands of the police, but there’s shotty record-keeping, because this the police we’re talking about. In America, they are always above the law and have no duty to act. (The second part of this statement determined per the Supreme Court)

Oh look another fun completely non-biased poll.

I can do polls too…

Taiwan is the greatest country on Earth because

• Cars do not have to stop for baby strollers.

• Taiwanese respect and love people of all cultures, especially SE Asians.

• The cleanliness of night markets puts Singapore to shame.

• Human trafficking provides access to cheap labor.

• There are plenty of opportunities to try out top-notch cancer treatment.

• Beef noodle soup.

haha! True

Northern and Baltic chain, mostly nice and clean. Nice coffee and drinks and siting area (depends on shop like in Taiwan). The one difference, this shop closed when staff went on break for 15 min or so.

3 Likes

Whole shop closed? this is my biggest complaint with Taiwan. many places close after lunch instead of staggering breaks. I never saw this in canada, but it has been a while since I lived there. makes me wonder if the Taiwan style is catching on.

Yes, the whole shop since this one has only one staff. Nice girl though, help me make coffee as I was slow and waited till I looked at the other drinks. No 7-11’s, which is only in Swedeen, the only Taiwan one I saw was Cir K.

1 Like

2 Likes

Another crazy video at 7-11

1 Like

Those guys are animals. :neutral_face:

Guy

In Taiwan they sit like 4-5 hours with one cheap drink, really profitable for the store.

1 Like