POLL - Forumosans not in TW

[quote=“Indiana”] I do miss Not having to go through Ramadan for a month :help: It is killing me!!!
[/quote]

so you’re saying that you now HAVE to do Ramadan…which means that it’s because of peer pressure,and not by faith…how sad!

that’s what really chaps my ass about religions,the pick and choose approach :fume:

True. I have this rash I just can’t get rid of. :blush:

Moved to Incheon, South Korea.
Very happy!

Melbourne Australia,

The Grand Prix is on at the moment, from my place in St Kilda I can hear every rev :fume:

Last year they lost 34M Aus (NT 979,714,666.6), how much will it be this year?

Still prefer Melbourne to the rest of the world despite the boys with their toy cars.

L.

So can you see it from your window? If so, you can line up some seats there, serve drinks and snacks, and rake in a tidy income on race day.

Currently in the Peten region of Guatemala but heading into Mexico tomorrow to bring in another Forumosan with a bounty on his head…

So can you see it from your window? If so, you can line up some seats there, serve drinks and snacks, and rake in a tidy income on race day.[/quote]

No Unfortunately, but I can hear the piped music already at 8 am. Glad I’m working today, at least I’ll miss the noisiest part of the day.

Ohio, but with so much damn rain it feels like Taipei.

…and if the ‘extraction’ from the Plaza Major is successful, I’ll assume that the bounty will be lifted…it had better be or ‘Operacion Sin Carne’ may be cancelled :smiling_imp:

BroonAyuda

…and if the ‘extraction’ from the Plaza Major is successful, I’ll assume that the bounty will be lifted…it had better be or ‘Operacion Sin Carne’ may be cancelled :smiling_imp:

BroonAyuda[/quote]

The Bounty’ll probably be melted anyway by the time I get there at this Latin American rate …

Original poster… still here in Sunny SF, California!

I’m in the UK. Got my first job, trying to find out my tax number at the age of 33 is fun.

It’s been a lot of fun rediscovering the place I grew up (and hated) as an adult. The architecture is beautiful, the nearby mountains just indescribable. And there is live music, which I love. The Fall and Gogol Bordello coming up. Yeah.

On the negative side, I don’t know many people and miss all my friends in Taiwan so much. The city is filthy dirty and cold and I hate the culture, but s’all good. We grow through these things.

I won’t stay forever but it’s nice just now.

Just realized as I was typing this, it’s dumb to write lists of positives and negatives because everywhere I’ve ever lived (apart from Chon Buri) has an equal amount of both.

Stick a pin in a map, kids, it’s all fun.

I’m in the town where I did most of my childhood, too. I hatted it then and mostly hate it now, too. It’s some better as an adult, but just some. I’m not gonna grow through it. I’m gonna escape when I’m done gettin edjukated. (Could be a while . . . )

So why did you go back when you could have picked Anywhere, USA?

So why did you go back when you could have picked Anywhere, USA?[/quote]

'Cause I got no family here other than my very ill mother who owns nothing and is in a nursing home, and cause I had one friend living near with whom I could stay for a while. Been away from the States so long that everyone else has moved on, or just moved. Don’t know. Lost touch with just about everyone. And from Uni on, most of my friends in the States were fureners anyhow. I would have done much better, financially, to have gone to another country to teach, but with my small little one I felt more secure in a place where I could speak the language. Anyway, I had to make sure that I couldn’t be accused of kidnapping. That story gets kinda long. This way I get to top up my education and get some real teaching credentials. 't’s al kinda-sorta good.

CX has been my new home for a while now. HK in 2 months. Bye bye (sorta) Taiwan.

London, 2:15 am, cant sleep.

You’re on Christmas Island!!!???

HG

Let the cant sleep, even if you cannot.

I’m in Ke-luo-ai-xi-ya.

Funny how many people are in their hometown and hate it. Just like me LOL

I didn’t plan to be here in my hometown. I did decide to come back to Croatia to be closer to my Mom (75, alone, no other kids) because I’ve lived far from her for 9 years, but I thought I’d be living in another town in the South, on the coast where it’s beautiful and also closer to my Mom.
However, the realestate market is not favorable to selling this apartment we have in the capital, so I’m stuck living in it and rennovating it (which is the only fun part).

I too have lost touch with all but two friends here. Funnily enough, I have some new Croatian friends whom I met through Flickr when I was still in Taiwan and now we hang out IRL. Internet is funny that way :slight_smile: