Poll on who will prepare your 2022 Chinese New Years Meal? (You can choose up to two)

A-yi and Shu-Shu are finna stuff me like a thanksgiving turkey while i get drunk by myself. pretty much the same as every year…

edit: i don’t remember which Forumosan said it, but they were spot on about the hongbao trick. just give them a 8800 each and you’re essentially left to your own devices all week.

3 Likes

You as well.

But lets be honest. After a day or so of beer, then the bottles turn to whisky, the fun starts requiring recovery. By tomorrow night it changes to Gaoliang and the mahjong games take a more serious turn…thats when we decide which family members we truly love or are near shovel in the trunk level hate :slight_smile:

And for us foreigners that learned to sit back and enojy the ride…beats netflix. By a long shot. Show me a western culture that enables/promotes binge drinking, gambling to the point of divorce and blowing shit up with babies, in arms, and takes cute pics to share with loved ones.

Give them $4,444 in a white envelope with a straight face telling them thats your cultures norm for lunar new year. Assuming you are a foreigner outside the Han race. You will then save $8,800 every year you are part of that family’s new year celebration.

3 Likes

Some visitors this year, but seems was less than last year.

Hope everyone had food they liked ! (I saw lots of photos with newspaper tablecovers with lots of dishes on top)

1 Like

I ordered Pizza Hut pizza for first time in Taiwan for CNY. Was terrible. 95% dough and 5% topping. Preordered it around 3 for pickup at 5:45. Showed up at 5:15 and they already had it sitting on the side. Was already Luke warm when I was eating it 5 minutes later. Not sure if that was the norm.

Rejoice! My favorite UberEATS spots are back! I’m having steak, baby, yeah! :happyrunningaround:

I can’t cook with 18 kilos worth of cats on top.

2 Likes

Literally all of the places in my order history were still showing up as unavailable this afternoon (although that isn’t very many - I don’t use it that much, and probably order from <10 places). Don’t know whether that’s because of CNY or the incessant rain.

1 Like

Usually I go with onion rings or mushrooms on top, but you do you.

1 Like

Thank god it wasn’t figuratively.

Send it back. They’ll give it to you, and you get another hot one. Two for the price of one.
And who is this “Luke” dude? A biblical reference?

1 Like

I don’t get your point? :sweat_smile:

It was literally, as in 100% of them were unavailable (at least for the last few dozen orders I’ve made, covering the previous 3-6 months I guess).

The weather this year has been the pits anywhere north of Taichung.

1 Like

Caramelized onions and extra order of kimchi for me. Awesome.

Few people have an over big enough to cook these furry igits I live with. Would require a turkey plate too.

Tried ordering a drink later and yeah, no drivers but pickup OK. Unfortunately, the rain started again. And won’t stop.

But tomorrow and Friday is open work in most places around me. I need my Korean breakfast.

1 Like

Tomorrow is Friday.

1 Like

Falling asleep here. That’s what I was trying to say.

Will dream of fluffy omelette with kimchi, mmm.

Yeah. Tomorrow and friday are the same thing in this context.

Not so bad. A good excuse not to go to some crowded tourist spot and waste a day in traffic. The wife decided to binge drink cheap boxes of wine and watch TV all day. I’m a happy man.

Older kids are too damned diligent, so they’ve spent half the time studying. That makes my wife happy.

Good one this year.

This is easily one of the funniest threads I’ve ever read on forumosa. Somehow I missed this one last year. I have laughed out loud more times reading this than watching most stand-up comedy on Netflix. Hope this thread or another will reignite with this year’s posters LNR experiences. The poll seems locked, I guess because it’s last year’s.

So digging the quiet this New Year’s morning. And to my surprise, the only fireworks I’ve heard (so far anyway) were early evening yesterday and those were pretty faint. Even at midnight it was quiet. Very little traffic noise. Cool weather, good for hunkering down. May venture out later but for now it’s great.

1 Like

I get that impression too. First time I experienced it was in China, I don’t know if its a bit different over there but it really felt more festive / special. That was also quite a long time ago though. I’m sure its different today and fireworks are more regulated.

Done

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like