POLL: Survey of favorite kinds of food by national origin in Taiwan that you eat

• Japanese
  • Taiwanese
  • Irish
  • American/Canadien
  • Mexican
  • German food
  • China food
  • Italian
  • French
  • Australian
  • Thai
  • Vietnamese
  • Indian food
  • English food
  • other Latin American
  • Spanish

0 voters

Poll to see what kinds of foods you eat IN Taiwan? (You can choose up to five)

1 Like

American and Canadian are not the same.

See. This is why we need to keep the monarchy. :grin:

2 Likes

there is no Korean in the survey, and i eat it quite often

6 Likes

Genuine question, is 小籠包 China food or Taiwanese?

1 Like

Is Belgian food included in French?

2 Likes

I don’t think any of your baos are Taiwanese. Baos are northern foods. Amirite?

1 Like

That’s fair then. Personally I never thought Australians owned the meat pie either.

The meat pie is pure Kiwi. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Your logic is watertight!

yes!

2 Likes

Understandable. They’re basically the same. Belgian cuisine is like a French franchise.

1 Like

I say Japanese because they usually do japanese food pretty well. I like American food but in Taiwan they are overpriced and not really all that good for what it is.

Ahh, you can just lump it together with “Japanese.”

What could possibly go wrong? :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

i see your suggestion and raise you to lump it also with Thai, Taiwanese and Chinese food, since basically its all "rice with stuff "

4 Likes

Maybe its just that I don’t know but does it seem weird that there seems to be a lack of good Vietnamese food in Taipei when there are so many workers from Vietnam?

4 Likes

It is weird. There’s a market here, and not just because of all the workers and students who are from Vietnam. Now if someone could move it and take advantage of it.

PS In my view, the closest to a professional operation (in Taipei, so admittedly off topic for this thread) is Bich Loan (阿鸞手工法國麵包) in Gongguan. More of this, please!

Guy

Go to factory towns, the se asian foods are off the charts! Eat where the workers eat, not where foreigners/taiwanese eat. I have had some legit, crossing the line sometimes, vietnamese food here. Bird heart bumping at egg peel and all. Its all here :slight_smile: probably less likely in bustling high rent cites though. The best thai food i have ever had was in Yunlin of all places… cheap rent, higher population densities of whichever nationality equals more authentic.

4 Likes

I find it hilarious that Irish food is singled out as an option. Like really? And German? Australian? Canadian? You people are grabbing at the straws lmao.

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The hair pie is pure French.

3 Likes