Poll: Which convenience store do you support the most?

Which convenience store do you use the most or give the most money to?

• Family Mart
  • Hi Life
  • Circle K
  • Ok Mart
  • Big Egg
  • Young J

0 voters

Sorry if missed some.

3 Likes

I usually have to go out of my way for anything besides 7-11.
In recent years two other stores shut down in my general area and two new 7-11 opened

2 Likes

Looking back at my receipts, it’s really 50/50 between 7-11 and Family Mart. I chose 7-11 because it’s not stated that this is for Taiwan only and so when traveling 7-11 tips the scales.

2 Likes

Rarely any of those, but 7 mostly, and then usually only for paying bills…

1 Like

My wife recently told me, 7-11 must be very profitable. They are popping up everywhere.

1 Like

Family Mart has been slaying it lately with its selection and collaborative ventures.

Example: Its in-house chocolates include single origin from Pingtung. Crazy!

Guy

5 Likes

the thread title brought to mind an image of convenience-store-hooligans roaming the streets looking for rivals

2 Likes

It is kinda like that isn’t it.

Guy

can we get scarves?

2 Likes

You can recognize which gang I belong to depending on the brand of Latvian ice cream I am consuming. :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

7-11 has afore-mentioned Latvian ice cream. Plus lately they’ve had interesting beer at that infuriating level where if I keep checking friggin’ 7-11s, I may find a can one day.

If I just knew I could get it when I want, I wouldn’t keep going in different convenience stores on the eternal scavenging hunt that is grocery shopping in Taiwan. That may be their goal, I guess.

Family Mart’s fine, but the one closest to me has that ambience you get of a few too many cigarette smokers & betel-nut chewers to dodge outside, and people slumped over tables inside, plus way fewer than two shoes per person inside.

2 Likes

Familymart because I made friends with the cute girl working there.

10 Likes

The convenience store that’s the best is the one that’s most convenient, regardless of it’s name.

4 Likes

7-11 used to do the Stella Artois 500ml cans, imported from Belgium, when I was there. :heart:

I usually go to the Family Mart because it’s closer to my home than the 711 and I don’t need to cross the street to get there. It’s a convenience store, after all :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

How well do you know the employees at the 711 you frequent? Would they recognise you?

1 Like

I hate their coffee, other items are a wash between them and 7-11.

My wife says the same thing…i never knew 7 had the coffee side locked down. Seems mnay people agree.

1 Like

Family Mart for me. I like their Latte and some of their products more than 7’s.

2 Likes

In Sansia I once watched a guy smash a chair over another guy’s head in a drunk dispute outside of a Familymart.

The next day the chairs and table were gone.

8 Likes