Pot-smoking cutie on front page of TT - respect!

[quote=“AniSll”]
I am a Taiwanese girl, and I like men with maturity and deep thoughts. I will NOT go wild over a guy simply because he’s a tall, blue-eyed(or whatever colour they are), and blond-haired foreigner. Mind’s more important than the appearance.

I doubt it. :loco: It’s your own theory after all, please do remember that there exist some gals who don’t just care about the appearance but also mind, toward no matter foreign or not foreign guys.

:wink:[/quote]

I was talking about outward appearances only.

Beauty is definitely not universal, it is culturally conditioned. Most Taiwanese have a phobia towards:

a) Fat (and I don’t mean obesity, I mean any body fat at all, they’d prefer we all be skeletons)
b) Dark skin (break out those whitening creams!)

Taiwanese Foreigner Groupies (you know which kind of girls I’m talking about) since they are dating white guys only because they are white, and little else, tend to go for the “whitest” guys around, which to them equals the traditional Aryan. Skinny Nordic types get lots of play no matter how ugly.

Nobody even mentioned that it was 4/20 six minutes ago. Isn’t that some kind of marijuana celebration day? http://www.four20.com/meaning.html

zzzzz some of us are still getting used to writing the dates the wrong way.

Bite me, Loretta. Just playin…:wink:

A tai2 mei4 is an extremely local lady. It translates as “Tai Sister.” The whiny voice, cockroach kickers, Bambi-eyed look, your regular psycho shiao jie but with a mouthful of very Taiwanese-sounding Mandarin.

Ok, I feel bad for dissing this very girl who’s beautiful girl in the eyes of the OP. She doesn’t deserve our trashy opinions of her.[/quote]

The DNS reports that Tai Mei is actually a gangsta chick. Tats and all. Remember that blonde (?) chick leading all the gangsta protesters after the election? She was on the news most every night. She is Tai Mei.

What you are talking about there, big fella, is La Mei. Or so I’m told.

[quote]Well, that’s your opinion. And, that’s all it is.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder… no?
[/quote]

Well, it’s kind of the same thing with the “fried noodles in Taiwan suck” thread I started. A lot of people gave me grief because it’s totally subjective whether something sucks or is awesome. Which is true.

How I responded was to define what good noodles are, in my opinion, and then contrast them to what noodles in Taiwan are like. I guess I should do the same here.

If a girl looks like an Indonesian housekeeper, a little chubby with no neck, big wide lips, small eyes and a flat nose, I’d say she’s un-attractive, relative to Taiwan standards. Again, if I were in Siberia or Oman, my standards might come down a little. What I like is ivory skin, fine eyebrows, big sparkling black eyes, well-defined jaw-lines, a long neck, hair you can practically see your reflection in. Put a little curvature (sp?) on all that, and you’ve got what I call a nice-looking lady.

What amazes me is with all the fine examples of the type I’ve described on this island, so many Western men seem to find the first kind I described (Indonesian housekeeper-style) more attractive.

Don’t be amazed. Be thankful, surely? All the more of the kind you like for you. Personally, I find the type you described to be, well, bleh, most of the time.

Fair enough.

What amazes me is that many people continue to be amazed that others have tastes that differ from their own… :wink:

I’m amazed that Tigerman is amazed that Vay is amazed.

Then again, I’m also amazed that the air around a lightning bolt is superheated to about five times the temperature of the Sun. Think about that. That’s some really hot air. Personally, I suspect that this is a big part of the reason that most people don’t like getting hit by lightning.

I’m amazed that Hobbes finds it amazing that Tigerman is amazed that Vay is amazed but I’m not amazed that Tigerman is amazed that Vay is amazed because Tigerman thinks there’s an invisible mind circus so nothing should amaze him, which I find frankly even more amazing than the amazing fact that Hobbes hasn’t been hit by lightning. Which, when you really think about it, is pretty amazing.

We are now amazingly off-topic.

“I would definately NOT hit it. Her knees are too sharp. Way below my high standards.”

Have you seen this girl?

Use extreme caution. She may or may not be cute.

We need a better quality photograph. Well, I need a better quality photograph, ahem. Does anyone have Sean Chao’s number? Someone here must work at the Taipei Times?

Did someone mention Indonesian housekeepers? Very partial to that sort of thing, me.

There’s a guy on this board that does wonderful things with photoshop. Just a thought.

She looks very determined, which could just mean munchie-grumps or that she’s ready to fight for her right to par-TAY. :smiley:

I think each and everyone of you is high.

I think each and everyone of you is high.[/quote]
That’s amazing.

You guys aware of Mello Kitty?

also lots of good avatars here

I’m beginning to worry that she may not be as cute as I originally thought. She doesn’t move much. :help:

she looks ok to me
but the shirt is what gets me
i want to buy that shirt
i wonder where you can buy it