Potentially racist videos allegedly posted by TAS students

Yeah, how? I’m jealous he seems to be sponsored by Nike and omega watches.

if you gag, don’t blame the sender

I thought you said shirt. Must have been a nice shirt.
Time to get my eyes tested

1 Like

What are you when the chips are down.
Are you Chinese, American, or Taiwanese?
My kids know what they are they ain’t third anything. Hyphenated maybe but not third something.:sunglasses::grinning:

They are the ones doing the 'rich and young good looking wholesome family routine ’ which the Taiwanese love. Advertisers then love that spiel.

2 Likes

American certainly, but not hyphenated, I thought we got rid of that, because Asian American = Asian as an adjective for American, while Asian-American = equally both and that’s definitely not accurate for some who have been in the States for generations.

As for “third culture kid”- “Third Culture Kids (or TCKs), a term coined by US sociologist Ruth Hill Useem in the 1950s, for children who spend their formative years in places that are not their parents’ homeland” https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20161117-third-culture-kids-citizens-of-everywhere-and-nowhere
It really refers to people who spent a significant amount of their youth in a different country and are a bit in-between. Another example is young international students who stay connected with their home country. I’m not a proper TCK in some ways, but I connect with more of those experiences since I spent more time living in Taiwan and interacting with locals than most typical ABTs, especially the kind who visit for the first time in college to go clubbing.