Predict the Smear for the Next SCOTUS Nominee

Haiti is 95% black, so they are probably of African descent. I don’t know if they would risk that attack.

My sister-in-law decided to adopt after fostering for awhile to get rid of the govt BS. The kids are all fantastic, homeschooled, speak multiple languages including English, French, and German. I just had two kids but I spoiled them too much. My sister-in-law wanted all the kids and it made my cousin happy to make her happy. I think when you have that many kids, you become a pro at raising them.

No points if the smear predates the prediction!

No smears, but here are some valid concerns.

Liberals say Barrett’s legal views are too heavily influenced by her religious beliefs and fear her ascent

in a 2019 dissent in a gun-rights case in which she argued a person convicted of a nonviolent felony shouldn’t be automatically barred from owning a gun. All but a few pages of her 37-page dissent were devoted to the history of gun rules for convicted criminals in the 18th and 19th centuries.

And, all indications are that Barrett is staunchly opposed to abortion, though she has often side-stepped answering questions about the topic.

In the 2017 White House questionnaire, Barrett was asked if it was her view that abortion was always immoral. She didn’t answer the question directly but said: “If I am confirmed (to the 7th Circuit), my views on this or any other question will have no bearing on the discharge of my duties as a judge.”

Others pointed to Barrett’s membership of the University of Notre Dame’s “Faculty for Life” group — and that she had signed a 2015 letter to Catholic bishops affirming the “value of human life from conception to natural death.”

2 Likes

There is nothing to really attack her with IMO. I think they will just continue with the ‘it should be done after the election’ mantra.

Even less to attack if it’s a Hispanic woman. I saw the news about a candidate earlier today

1 Like

Sounds bigoted to me…

Wait, she looked at the actual precedents before making a judgment?!? What a bitch!

She personally ascribes both to the scientific fact that human life begins at conception and the radical belief that human life has value?!? What a monster!

3 Likes

People of… you know… the thing:

Amy Coney Barrett is an international child abductor who is just raising personal house slaves to look after her retard baby!

2 Likes

Damn, you should be working as a copy editor at WaPo.

5 Likes

Who had personal animosity for specifically your uterus?

1 Like

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ei0neY1U8AAZ41Q?format=jpg&name=large

Ah, looks like @Aikaili has moved into the lead. Adoption as racism it is, at least so far.

Of course it’s intersectional, since in 2020 the Democrat party ain’t got no other arrows.

I’d like to think they couldn’t possibly be stupid enough to risk alienating their voters with smears like that, but then I remember the last four years.
I still think Biden will win because most of the populous cities are filled with the gullible, but they are sure trying their hardest to lose again.

I’d like to think republicans aren’t possibly stupid enough to assume people believe this shit but then again they have kept calling democrats stupid, crazy, immoral communists for years.

I have yet to meet someone who genuinely likes Biden yet most of the people I know will vote for him because they want to stop Trump and people like McConnell.

I do. Probably have reached the point of not voting for him (or anyone else I’m aware of) though. It doesn’t really matter a fuckton in my state.

Will def be Historic if Trump wins, capital H.

It would mark a collapse in influence by the MSM, and would put the lie to the old political saying “never pick fights with opponents who buy ink by the barrel.” I think the MSM would have to reinvent itself.

It will be very bad for the USA if the Democrats are rewarded for behaving so badly the past four years. That’s because Dems seem convinced that Trump keeps his support because he’s a dickhead, instead of despite being a dick. They seem convinced the way to heart of American voters is to outdo Trump in the dickhead dept.

Guess we’ll see in about six weeks.

1 Like

Now let’s have everyone who’s not a cis white male and who is actually living in the US today comment. Because for the rest of you, this is some kind of amusing political debate. It is not, for the rest of us.

3 Likes

I would appreciate it if you could refrain from sexist, racist, and heterophobic comments.

I do not find the smears against anyone as amusing, and I do not appreciate you levying this charge.

4 Likes

I think you lost everybody at “cis white male.”

6 Likes