President Chen Shuibian shot! - Part 2

Yes, and the remarkable thing is that the pan-blues think it was some DPP gimmick to sway voters…get real. Try to kill the candidate to get votes? Only an idiot could even consider it, but then there are the KMT supporters… :unamused:[/quote]
Hmmm, but my girlfriend is a member of the DPP who has in the past worked as a full-time campaign assistant for Chen Shuibian, Peng Minmin, Xie Changting (Frank Hsieh), Li Yingyuan and other DPP candidates, but she has said to me several times that she could believe the kurouji/fake assassination theory and “anything could be true.”

Yes, and the remarkable thing is that the pan-blues think it was some DPP gimmick to sway voters…get real. Try to kill the candidate to get votes? Only an idiot could even consider it, but then there are the KMT supporters… :unamused:[/quote]
Hmmm, but my girlfriend is a member of the DPP who has in the past worked as a full-time campaign assistant for Chen Shuibian, Peng Minmin, Xie Changting (Frank Hsieh), Li Yingyuan and other DPP candidates, but she has said to me several times that she could believe the kurouji/fake assassination theory and “anything could be true.”[/quote]

Sure, you believe everything you hear :raspberry: , and are convinced that the blue camp :bluemad: is good for the further development of democracy in Taiwan… :astonished: You probably also think it was a proper move of Lien and Soong to create panic internationally by calling for an uprising against the election result. :unamused:

Anyway, if you supported Bleu, I hope you have learned to see their evil ways now, and that you are ready to repent :rainbow:

HOT HOT HOTTLA!!!

:beer:

Consider this: If Chen Shuibian were shot dead and the DPP won the election on a tide of sympathy votes, who would be president?

It’s all so insane. That scarred belly was too fat.

I think there was lots of fanaticism about Chen/Lu, but more so Lien/Soong. To the point where there wasn’t much difference except to hate the other side. Had I not gone to the DPP thing tonight, I would have gone on thinking that Taiwan (a little over half) was just wanting to remain status quo. They’re not. :notworthy:

Regardless of who actually committed this terrible crime it seems the pan-blue camp are determined to spread the rumour that the DPP staged it to get the sympathy vote. A lot of BS, but you’ll be hearing it from every KIMT voter every time the election result is mentioned for the next four years.

Well, any bleu camp that try anything from now is going to get it - they just don’t get it - they lost, and now they try to create riots - making the perfect excuse for PLA to move in…

So, one killer with a homemade double-barreled gun, shells got here and there. He fires the first shot from a position in front of the car, aiming at Chen. The bullet miss, ricochett off something and hit Lu’s knee(protector), without much reaction from her. He think he missed and noe one notices, so he decide to try again. He need to reload, and just finish when the car is just in front of him, so he just fire at will, getting no reaction and thinking he missed (not knowing he sliced the belly of Chen).

I think the shooter is on TV, standing at the right hand of a guy with white t-shirt w/ble sleeves and at the left of a girl (not easy to say from TV-pictures) with white t-shirt and olive pants with pockets all over. The guy did not have any flag, he wore a white wind-braker with tie and shirt under. Look at his hand when and after the president pass if you can see some repetition.

Sorry, I copied this from my post in another thread. Forgive me please…
It was an attempt to kill the president of Taiwan, whtever conspiracy we can think about!

HOTTALA!!

It was gangstaz. The question is what will happen with our bets now.

Now CNN , as of SUnday noon, is also reporting the kurouji charge as if it is true. Media follows media. Truth disappears.

Just saw the TV coverage of last nights riots in Kaojsiung. Goons drive truck into policemen. Bottles thrown over fence at policemen. Look like young gangsters driving truck not KMT voters. Getting very ugly.

Expect marital law to be declared at any moment.

Alien, think you’ve mentioned your “too chubby belly” theory twice now. I see what you are saying, but also think it may be post op swelling. :sunglasses:

Plus, if you’re like me, you may have a bit of a tummy developing which isn’t readily apparent if you wear your clothes in the right way. :laughing: :blush:

[quote]It’s all so insane. That scarred belly was too fat.
[/quote]

It would have swelled right up with local anaesthetic. I had an operation to remove a spot on my tummy once, and it swelled right up with local.

Brian

The cynic in me suspects the KMT is really just jealous it didn’t come up with the idea first. “Stage accident - get sympathy - win election? Damn! Peace Referendum - Hands Across Taiwan - now this. Why don’t WE ever have good ideas like that?”

Seriously, however, I have been majorly disappointed with the behavior from both camps – and I mean the leadership, not the followers. I can’t think of a better description than “childish”. Lien studied in the US, taught political science, and still doesn’t seem to understand what it means to be a politician in a democracy. There are right ways and wrongs ways to go about disputing election results. Whining in front of your supporters, nodding in approval at groundless conspiracy theories, giving tacit blessing to the riotous behavior of your supporters (sitting on your ass watching them riot and not lifting a finger to reign them in), and casting the entire country into political crisis because you’re disappointed in the election results is NOT the right way. Before Lien criticizes Chen again for destabilizing the Strait, he needs to examine his own recent behavior.

The DPP, on the other hand, while generally better behaved during the campaign, wasn’t above sinking to the low levels set by the KMT. Chen’s petty reference to the wife-beating rumours during the debates was one but one example. All the cross-party sniping about who accepted bribes from whom, and whose golder is blacker doesn’t score a win from either camp in my book.

Though I’m afraid what we’re about to see from the American presidential race will put Taiwanese mud-slingers thoroughly to shame.

Lee Kaiwen

Let me get this straight, because it seems like your telling me this is what i’m supposed to believe, Chen gets his wife run over by a truck and paralyzed by these goons, put in jail by them just for defending people with a different political view, no respect, no respect at any turn of his administration, then he gets shot, and without a shred, not a shred of evidence, he’s a cheat? you guys seem, uhh, confused. you’ve been watching too much TVBS or something. try to come back to reality before its too late.

Alien wrote:

I remember reading an article around a couple of years ago about Chen when he wore a superman costume for some event. The writer remarked how the costume showed he had a pot belly and didn’t seem to mind everyone could see it.

Besides, what do you think they did? Used a file photo of a gunshot wound to the belly or just got a few volunteers to let them shoot them until they got just the right gunshot wound they wanted to use? Sheesh!

The reaction to this thing continues to shock me. Several of my well educated colleagues (I’m talking PhDs) today told me they though it was a fake. The gullibility of the general population here is amazing.

The gullibility of people who want to believe something is very marked. Just like UFOs, walking on water, rising from the dead, parting the Red Sea, fire walking, ghosts, you name it. PHD doesn’t matter one iota. It’s the gullibility factor. Everyone has it, to an extent, KMT more than others.

Juba,

If CSB had been shot dead there would have been no election in accordance with Taiwan’s electoral law. Vice President Lu would have become the interim President, and another date would have to have been
set.

Subhuman? Scum? Bitch? What has the woman ever done to you or anyone else to deserve this kind of insult? I find your language quite appalling.

[quote=“Fox”]Juba,

If CSB had been shot dead…Vice President Lu would have become the interim President…[/quote]
Yup.

Subhuman? Scum? Bitch? What has the woman ever done to you or anyone else to deserve this kind of insult? I find your language quite appalling.[/quote]She disagreed with the almighty Chen Shuibian, we can’t have that in a democrary :unamused: Seems that anyone who critisizes the president should be executed, just like under the KMT.