President Chen's Daughter

She’s got a bit of a rack too. :smiley:

With that temper, husband likely used to get angry sex.

Fugly folks :stuck_out_tongue:

Contrary to popular belief that nuclear families are close in Chinese society. There are plenty of examples of children of privilege in Taiwan that deliberately distance themselves from their parents upon entering adulthood.

They will not live in their parent’s house after marriage with their children.
They will not borrow money from their parents.
They will not want have their parent’s influence shade any of their accomplishments in life.
They might even want to start giving money to their parents as soon as possible to let them know the cycle of fidelity is complete.

But that is not the case with this woman by any stretch of the imagination. If she wanted to be left alone by the media, she could have committed the suicide she suggested her in-laws take.

To even suggest that the public is as stupid to believe that this doctor could not at anytime influence her husband to do the proper thing, is outrageous.

She’s not raising her children all alone. She has 2 nannies and she can still afford to send her kids to some of the best schools on the island.

What’s to feel sorry for, that her father can’t use his executive privilege to grant her husband a complete pardon, without committing political suicide as president of ROC? Isn’t that’s what going to happen at the end of his term anyways?

i dont think anyone here knows what this lady’s financial situation really is, unless you’re her accountant. your income may be NT$400k/month, but if your monthly expenses are way more than that then you are not rich. just because you have nannies doesn’t mean you’re rich. from what i’ve heard, servants’ salaries in asia are extremely cheap that even middle class working people can afford servants. her and her husband do have to pay for attorneys and other legal fees which can be very expensive. now on top of a prison sentence, he has to pay millions more in penalty. and doesnt she run her own dental clinic? it costs alot of money to run your own business. then of course, she’s got 3 kids to take care of, and we all know how very expensive that is. and you dont know what kind of financial support she is getting from her own family and in-laws. just because your families may be wealthy does not mean you entitled to their money and does not mean they share their wealth with you. alot of assumptions being made here. it may just as well be that this woman really did not know what her in-laws were doing. or her parents in their case for that matter. could be just plain unfortunate that she was born into a family who got into such trouble and married a guy whose in-laws got into such trouble. added to that her nature to express herself openly when getting her buttons pushed by the obnoxious and intrusive press and the stress of all this chaos, and thus i understand her angry blowups.

[quote=“Quentin”]That is one problem with the Chinese set-up for society. You are not an individual. You are part of your family, and as such, are responsible for all the criminal/immoral actions of ever member of your family.

Thank god I’m not Chinese. I can actually be an individual, responsible for only myself.[/quote]

quite a blanket and general statement. :wink: oh, and i’m not sure that’s exactly true either. if you went off on a murdering rampage, i have a hunch your family - especially your parents - will probably take some responsibility for your actions by blaming it on their poor parenting skills when raising you which might have caused your actions, begging the public and media to blame them and not you. they wouldnt be caring parents if they just left you out to dry, would they? :wink:

there’s alot to be said for chinese/asian culture too that western culture can learn from.

for example, respect to elders which is very sorely lacking in western culture. here in western culture (and i’m making general observations that many of you made about chinese/asian culture :wink: ), kids treat elders, e.g., parents, grandparents, teachers, etc. like TOTAL CRAP-OLA. parents struggle through hardships raising their kids so that they can have comfortable lives and a good future. instead, the kids get spoiled rotten. then the parents get old and the kids dump them in the nursing home due to their need to maintain their “independence” or they just flat out dont want to take care of their poor old folks.

i’ve met so many asians from asia who come to the west to study who tell me how their parents and even other members of their families, e.g., brothers, sisters, etc. work together to pay for their expenses to get a college degree, masters, ph.d, etc. many of these people are not wealthy either, just barely getting by themselves. i just think that’s great, and something that i can’t really fathom happening among most westerners.

more independence in chinese culture would be good. but this ME ME ME selfish attitude in western culture that many westerners erroneously label as “independence” isn’t the answer. we can all learn from one another.

forealz,

She’s in this much trouble because she felt entitled to her parent’s position and was living off tax payers money in the President’s home with servants.

Her blowup just illustrates how she is not willing to take responsibility for her actions, just like her parents, willing to point fingers at other people. In this case her in-laws.

Everyone can afford servants in Taiwan, even the servants…yeah right.

The only real problem with her is that she was not brought up properly to handle wealth and privilege. Like a child she overstepped her station and is unwilling to admit to her fault. So any inquiries the requires her to admit to any responsibility to the situation she is currently in, results in an immature tirade.

and i assume you know her on such a close personal basis to be so judgemental of her? could it be you’re one of her jilted lovers? :unamused:

for what little taiwanese pay for the indentured servants trafficked over from southeast asia to work as slaves, yes i would assume many working class taiwanese can afford servants. this is from the mouths of taiwanese themselves.

Yea, I guess you guys are right, she was an idiot to be born into that family. It’s her own stupid fault. If she had just gone and picked normal parents like the rest of us she would have had nothing to complain about. And as you say, while she’s never been arrested, indicted or convicted of any wrongdoing, her relatives have, so what’s the difference? Close enough. She deserves to be tormented 24/7 by nosey reporters for picking such a lousy family.

And, I guess you guys are right that raising three kids while daddy’s in the slammer is no big deal. Plenty of wives of cons have done it before. As you say, she has nannies so I’m sure they won’t be affected and life will be easy for them all. She gets what she deserves. The kids too. Ungrateful louts. :raspberry:[/quote]

Hey, I also happened to agree with you that the press should leave her alone if you go back and read the post where you found that quote. I am suggesting that the woman knew exactly what she was getting into when she married that fat twat husband of hers that simply went out to grab as much loot as he could. Most people bother to get to know their future mate before making them their spouse, so either she knew or she was stupid. They just happened to pop out a load of kids whilst her dad was still president and they would get some high rollers to drop a ton of hong baos on their new kiddies. I happen to know that just one of their red envelopes happened to be in the millions which was from an oil boss…concerned family friend was he? My arse!
This woman didn’t get into anything that she didn’t know about. Born unlucky was she? Boo! fricking hoo! There is nobody here that could convince me that she is suffering from nothing but poor circumstance, but I’m not saying you shouldn’t. Oh by the way Paris Hilton is on the other channel.[/quote]

[quote=“forealz”]and i assume you know her on such a close personal basis to be so judgemental of her? could it be you’re one of her jilted lovers? :unamused:

for what little Taiwanese pay for the indentured servants trafficked over from southeast asia to work as slaves, yes I would assume many working class Taiwanese can afford servants. this is from the mouths of Taiwanese themselves.[/quote]

One can afford servants anywhere in the world. You make it sound like foreigners aren’t willing to baby sit kids in Taiwan.

If she is involved in human trafficking all the more reasons for the press to hound her.

I think Asians don’t have a stigma with live in servants as pertaining to class. In the west they have rent-a-maid services and the likes at affordable rates.

The guys here saying she’s hot, you guys are way beyond merely Asian fetishists…you’re Asian hounds. Sniff at anything with slanted eyes in a skirt.

[quote=“ac_dropout”][quote=“forealz”]and i assume you know her on such a close personal basis to be so judgemental of her? could it be you’re one of her jilted lovers? :unamused:

for what little Taiwanese pay for the indentured servants trafficked over from southeast asia to work as slaves, yes I would assume many working class Taiwanese can afford servants. this is from the mouths of Taiwanese themselves.[/quote]

One can afford servants anywhere in the world. You make it sound like foreigners aren’t willing to baby sit kids in Taiwan.

If she is involved in human trafficking all the more reasons for the press to hound her.

I think Asians don’t have a stigma with live in servants as pertaining to class. In the west they have rent-a-maid services and the likes at affordable rates.[/quote]

uggh…i’ll say it again one last time: in taiwan it’s much cheaper to have servants - since you dont even have to pay for health insurance, benefits, etc. like some americans do - so just because someone has two nannies in taiwan DOESN’T mean they are “wealthy” according to your previous comments. having a live-in servant in the u.s. is generally more expensive than in asia, thus it’s generally wealthier americans who can afford to have live-in servants.

forealz,

It doesn’t matter if the employee is a domestic servant, or a janitor, or an in house lawyer. They are all paid at market value and they should all be paid in a manner that complies with the law.

The mere fact that an individual has the extra income to hire 2 domestic servants is already and indication of some wealth relative to the general population. Sure one doesn’t need to be an owner of a private jet rich (not a time share wanna-be rich). But these type of people are not going to be the first on the welfare line either.

No matter what station in life one occupies, making a public statement that one in-laws should commit suicide is really uncalled for, no matter who her parents are.

It is also against the law in Taiwan to tell people to commit suicide.