Pretend to take an international trip from Taiwan

Things that make you go “What are they thinking?”

Taiwan hits the international news again.

5 Likes

And people crucified me when I said I can’t stay here without my quarterly international trips. Not even the Taiwanese can.

4 Likes

I say go further and take small planes around the country. Tour Taiwan from above!

I am sure IATA will have a field day watching random planes circle Taiwan.

4 Likes

i’d have thought the Japanese would be the first to think this up.

Naww, we gotta be at our best! We’re on a roll with the international image. Go Taiwan!

Now how do I sign up for this so I can baffle my friends in Canada?

1 Like

Maybe Taiwan can create little Bali, little Phuket, little Boracay, little Phi Phi, or even little Pattaya.

Now is the time Taiwan needs some fun exotic resorts towns.

2 Likes

why not fly the plane to penghu as well . A lot of taiwanese dont regularly fly to penghu

i have only been there once not long after Jesus was last around.

1 Like

We have a Bali already :grin:

4 Likes

And what the brochure doesnt tell you (its probably hidden in the very fine print at the bottom) is the obligatory 14 day stay in a hotel connected to the same tour company that you find yourself ‘enjoying’ after. :grinning:

4 Likes

I already had that idea a month ago. It’s a no brainer to be honest. Also the threshold is low here, whack up some umbrellas, a live band, some pineapple cocktails…There’s $$$ to be made.

but you would have to fly to SONGSHAN and then go to Bali by bus

thats an idea, why not fly to taitung for an afternoon wenchuan at royal chihpen and fly back and go through “immigration” again??

That would be a fun day trip and keep the airlines semi employed.

1 Like

I can just take a boat.

they have boats from keelung to taitung? that will be cool. didnt they have that superfast twin hulled ferry from suao to hualien, still going?

I live in Danshui and Bali is across the river.

1 Like

ah but you will miss out on the “international” experience we are talking about here.

oooooh I’m intrigued. AHH I get it now. If I want to get to Bali, I need to go clockwise instead to take the scenic route! Thanks!

5 Likes

WEll to make it “authentic” they should hire some of our famous TSA personnel and have everyone get in these super long lines , take off shoes, belts, every thing in the pocket, go through the “nude” scanner and then go through Taiwan “immigration” . This way they can get the full treatment.

And those who want to pay extra can get the “special” line where they DONT have to take off their shoes.
And then fly to taitung for a day trip and back and go through Taiwan immigration and do the on board questionaire and get questioned at immigration and then go to baggage claim. The whole shebang.

This way keeps some of the good folks at the airport employed and some air hostesses and pilots employed and the planes flying. Make the whole thing like 3000nt and i bet there will be lots of takers.

Now that would be a place to visit :grin:

1 Like

That little hut on stilts right on the water at the south end of the Gold Coast (near the station) is my dream home. Mos Burger adjacent, 火龍果 smoothie seller nearby. I need nothing else in my life.

Maybe a 30-year-old clapped out Volvo if I’m feeling decadent.

1 Like

And they are still at it, now weekly tours of the airport facilities…

1 Like