Problems with the new version of the website

[quote=“Truant”]I really miss having the OP listed against each thread.

I don’t use the ignore function, but I ignore a lot of threads based on the OP…boo hoo, I’m getting trapped.[/quote]
Are you referring to the View active topics, View new posts and View your posts? I only removed the OP names from that page (not from, say, the index page or the Viewforum pages)

I removed them because as a separate column they took up room. I didn’t realize they would be missed, and it’s nice to be reminded that different Forumosans use the website in ways very differently. I’ve had a look at the old forums and I think I can add the OP names back in in a similar way

Please keep the feedback coming

[quote=“Brendon”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]If using Firefox one can manually right click the link and select ‘Open in New Tab’ from the drop-down menu.

But its easier if the system does it automatically.[/quote]

You can also hold down control while you click, to get a new tab[/quote]
If you have a mouse with a wheel and you use FF, IE or Safari in Windows, you can click on the wheel itself to open a new tab behind the current one

It’s looking nice, Goose Egg – keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

I liked it, too. If anyone can find a modification that will bring it back, please post here and I’ll add it on asap

Actually, most of the ‘extra crap’ is built into this new, faster, more stable version :sunglasses:

Some of us don’t have a mouse with a wheel. Some of us don’t have a mouse with a right click option. And anyway, it’s beside the point. If I were able to remember to do some action to get a new tab I wouldn’t be having the problem. Point is, the site for years opened links in a new tab, so you always kept your place. People are used to it. Now we have to remember to fiddle about. What I’ve noticed is that I just don’t bother clicking on links any more.

troglodyte!

Not for me. You must be special. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the new look is fantastic!

Noticed though that the “Today” and “Yesterday” feature for seeing the latest posts has been removed. Possible to get that back?

Cheers

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]This ‘lack of seeing the OP’ is obviously a move by the admins to end discrimination on Forumosa.com and further widen the perspective of forum members.

Bravo :bravo: :bravo:[/quote]
I’m trying to do YOU a favor too man. Surely you don’t want me accidentally reading your threads and posting a reply? :wink:

[quote=“Truant”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]This ‘lack of seeing the OP’ is obviously a move by the admins to end discrimination on Forumosa.com and further widen the perspective of forum members.
Bravo :bravo: :bravo:[/quote]I’m trying to do YOU a favor too man. Surely you don’t want me accidentally reading your threads and posting a reply? :wink:[/quote]
Embrace diversity… :dance:

on the list of threads,you can see the latest poster,but not the opening poster,it would help weeding out shite you really don’t wanna read…like.

ditto!

ditto![/quote]
Me too.

ditto![/quote]
Me too.[/quote]
I’ve added the OP name back in the search results listings. lmkwyt

ditto![/quote]

I agree too. Actually I’ve missed out on some threads by favourite posters of mine cos I didn’t realise they started them (until I noticed by chance days later).

EDIT: OPs have been added! Thanks, Goose Egg!

I think if you add your favourite posters as “Friends” in your UCP, you can more easily keep track of their posts and topics :slight_smile:

Seems like the OP name is only showing up for threads that have more than one page (i.e. have the page links to the right of the OP’s name).

One other thing … does anyone else have trouble making out links in posts? They don’t have an underline until you mouse over, and the color (at least to my crappy eyes) isn’t much different to the regular grey.

This was an issue with the old site, but the “support our sponsors” page just shows their names. In order to truly support them can their names be linked to their websites or can you put their banners up?

Cheers

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought it only shows up for threads that have move than one post (which would make sense since the OP’s name is the same as the latest poster’s to the right)

I don’t have that problem, but I’m only using FF2, IE7 and Safari on WinXP, and FF2 on Linux. I’ll start looking at the site on Safari on my Mac starting tonight.

Adding underlines could sacrifice some readability. Links are set for Maroon (#660000) and regular text is Black (#000000) or nearly Black

Yes, we can. This is certainly our intention. We just haven’t done it yet

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought it only shows up for threads that have move than one post (which would make sense since the OP’s name is the same as the latest poster’s to the right)[/quote]
I’ve fixed it now :slight_smile:
:notworthy:

The ads refreshing really lags my computer. Sometimes FireFox actually stalls for a few seconds. If I manually click stop when an ad is refreshing, it fixes the problem. But, since I have 9 tabs open at the moment, it gets rather annoying.

Also, is it possible to move (or duplicate) the “mark forums read” link to the bottom somewhere?

Everything else is running smoothly for me. Just the ads refreshing is causing a real pain in the buttocks.

This continues to be a problem. Even if logged in, if you leave your message to find a link without opening a new browser, when you come back, your message has been deleted. If I am logged in and in an active status, why not keep the message on the screen so we can just add the link and keep going? If technically difficult, no problem. But it sure would be less aggravating. I drink for lesser reasons.