Problems with the new version of the website

Hi Gus,

Lots of improvements, some things missing which I think will be back in time. Overall, I like it better so far. Especially since you brought back the site map. Was a bit lost without it.

One thing to bring to your attention (maybe you already know): When you login, you can click on the option to be logged in automatically each visit. It doesn’t work for me. Even if I do not select it, unless I log out, I am automatically logged in at the next visit.

Before, if I exited Forumosa but did not shut down my browser, Firefox kept me logged in, but not if I shut down the browser. With this version, even if the only window I have open is Forumosa and I shut down the browser and walk away, when I open my browser again, I am automatically logged in despite not having selected that option. This means I have to manually logout before I shut down my browser or else I remain logged in.

I use XP and the new version of Firefox.

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

marboulette

Opera in Vista looks better to me, fontswise.

Is there a “spoiler” function in the new version?
It doesn’t work for me.

Does this work?

HUGE SAVINGS!!!

Spammers seem to like the upgrade.

[quote=“Surly”]HUGE SAVINGS!!!

Spammers seem to like the upgrade.[/quote]
What do you mean? Please be specific

[quote=“Josefus”]Is there a “spoiler” function in the new version?
It doesn’t work for me.

Does this work?

We haven’t gotten around to fixing/adding any bbcode

If you also post a link to the code that explains how to add the bbcode you want, I’ll make the changes faster. For the moment, we have prioritized the integration with Taiwanted and completing indexing of the search keywords (almost done as of this morning)

I noticed that if you PM without being logged in the system takes you to the log in screen but dumps your message. This happened to me a couple days ago when a member was trying to help me with a computer hardware problem. My PM was lengthy and detailed. I had to do it again. Is it possible to have the system save the PM maybe as a draft? Or maybe simply take you back to the message after logging in. Of course, I suppose the other option is that I can remember to log in before my PM. Maybe the old version had this issue too but it never happened to me with that one.

still cant find the taiwanted link…there’s one below this forum but it doesnt let me in :raspberry: …btw i thought the old setup with the feed of the latest taiwanted posts on the front page of forumosa was a good idea; can we bring that back?

I’m sorry to hear you lost your PM. Do you mean that you were able to reach the PM screen even though you weren’t logged in yet? This sounds like a session ID/Cookie issue

Links to Taiwanted (lots of them) will most definitely be back. This is a priority this month and we are working on them as we speak. Stay tuned for this

Don’t worry - we’re definitely bringing that feature back!

I liked the old picture sizing prog that was previously used. One had the option of using your cursor to enlarge the picture or not.

As it is now the page size is all screwed up as the pic loads to full size automatically. Lots of sliding stuff back & forth.

The site also loads faster. Maybe its because its lighter without all the ‘extra’ crap. I like it lighter & faster.

I bloody well HATE the way it now opens links in the same window rather than opening a new tab. Very confusing. I looked in the user control panel thingy but couldn’t see a way to change this.
Get something done about it NOW.

First, much nicer with it “up to speed” compared to most other forums!

2 issues:

• When clicking “View new posts” it still brings up posts that I’ve already read & that haven’t changed in 2-3 days. I’m already logged in and “automatically each time I visit.” Therefore, this feature should only show me “new” posts since last visit, right? That’s how it works on many other sites I’ve visited.

• I much prefer links to automatically open in new tab or new window vs. the current one (I hate that Google does that …), because I always end up closing the darn window when I’m finished and then can’t get back to where I was. At the moment, I don’t actually remember what the new “default” is here, so I’ll just throw out my opinion…

Xiexie!
:slight_smile:

If using Firefox one can manually right click the link and select ‘Open in New Tab’ from the drop-down menu.

But its easier if the system does it automatically.

i’m missing the old ‘star for every year you’ve been here’ gizmo.

i want my starsigns back. it’s IMPORTANT, ok?

what else am i going to talk about at parties?

I really miss having the OP listed against each thread.

I don’t use the ignore function, but I ignore a lot of threads based on the OP…boo hoo, I’m getting trapped.

[quote=“sandman”]I bloody well HATE the way it now opens links in the same window rather than opening a new tab. Very confusing. I looked in the user control panel thingy but couldn’t see a way to change this.
Get something done about it NOW.[/quote]
That was what I raised also.

From a website’s point of view, it’s bad cos you are possibly driving people away. Many people would click on a link, go to new site in the same window, and that’s the last you see of them. In the old days, with f.com lurking there still on a separate window or tab, the user is prompted to return.

I migth sound senile, but sometimes I get so tied up surfing, I forget where I was and what prompted me to go to a page in the first place. Having the open tab there reminds me, and I go back.

Sandy’s older than me. He probably has to use the password retrieval function to get back in.

Help. I’ve fallen and I can’t get up.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]If using Firefox one can manually right click the link and select ‘Open in New Tab’ from the drop-down menu.

But its easier if the system does it automatically.[/quote]

You can also hold down control while you click, to get a new tab.

Here’s one thing that’s been bugging me a bit – the “View new posts”, “View your posts” etc listings don’t show the OP’s name anymore, only the person who posted last in the thread. I don’t know why, but I always used to look at the OP before deciding whether to click.

This ‘lack of seeing the OP’ is obviously a move by the admins to end discrimination on Forumosa.com and further widen the perspective of forum members.

Bravo :bravo: :bravo: