Products from home that you'd like to see sold here

Has no one mentioned it?!

1 Like

More gluten free stuff, especially breakfast cereals. Most of the muesli at Wellcome is cardboardy German stuff with wheat flakes.

Gluten free weetbix would be a treat. All the cereals I normally buy are out of stock on iherb, I am starting to get desperate.

1 Like

Cheaper IPAs. Jim Beam Double Barrel Oak.

The best red tea by FAR that I ever tasted was from Nantou, probably because it was extremely fresh, it even had a slight honey/floral flavour.
I need to get out there and buy more. Not cheap and can be hard to find genuine local black tea sometimes.

I miss shopping at Central Market in Dallas. Favorite purchases were the deli counter stuff like pastrami and their in-house turkey breast, real breads, tortillas hot off the press, cheeses for a fraction of what it costs here. I’ve become a better cook since living here, bake my own bread, cure bacon, press tortillas. Restaurants are starting to offer more salads but it will be awhile before it’s common and not too expensive.

2 Likes

Watch out for the Typhoo extra strong. It’s a beast of a tea, appears from time to time in Jasons or City Super.

or just Trader Joe’s wine selection, i.e. more decent wines in the nt$180-280 price range.

more wines from Italy and South Africa and South America and less from France.

edit- I think locals would go for this as well and not just foreigners.

Yes more of this please. Haven’t seen it for awhile in my neck of the woods.

Also a decent feta would be nice.

You can buy it online from momo shop, pchome and other places. I will post links later.

thanks, presuming at a massive premium :slight_smile:

It does OK in a pinch, but yep, it is way too strong. It doe snot compare to the Waitrose, which was just right. And I do love my Earl Grey. No sugar, no milk.

It’s what we call a gumboot tea. Great for dunking biscuits in.

Carrefour stock it

1 Like

That makes sense. But there’s a Carrefour closer to my apartment. :sunglasses:

https://www.momoshop.com.tw/goods/GoodsDetail.jsp?i_code=5374857&osm=Ad07&utm_source=googleshop&utm_medium=googleshop_USC&utm_content=bn&gclid=CjwKCAjwqqrmBRAAEiwAdpDXtALqUgYYVQ9nheFHTP9EfwskLQ0mlEctbx944r4q21eaSihJrvwxlxoCVAAQAvD_BwE

https://shopping.udn.com/mall/cus/cat/Cc1c02.do?dc_cateid_0=J_003_013_031&dc_cargxuid_0=U006890054&gclid=CjwKCAjwqqrmBRAAEiwAdpDXtMpTHKr_QWdqZWgQdMv274HUqtpXkS-QTuXDjKxUsVeQ_0o6SSnRmBoC86IQAvD_BwE

Also at Carrefour
https://online.carrefour.com.tw/us/search?key=weet-bix&categoryId=

Never had it before.
Looks like a granola bar in milk.
What does it taste like?

thanks for this.

ouch 220 NTD for something which is about 50NTD in Australia :slight_smile:

Closest thing in taste would be a really well cooked oatmeal porridge. Sludge basically. Not really selling it am I? Good with sugar and hot milk :slight_smile:

Like a British flapjack?
Or a hard block of oatmeal that disolves into the milk?

Not like a flapjack, but a more flakey block that dissolves into milk. The biscuits are quite light and flakey, not a solid bar, so it basically just falls apart with a bit of agitation after soaking in the milk.

Thanks. I might give it a try. A dusting of brown sugar with warm milk sounds about right.

1 Like

Colman’s Hot Mustard

Better beer variety, specifically IPAs like Dogfish Head or another brewery that’s fine craft, but still big enough to import.

Pop-Tarts