Products from home that you'd like to see sold here

sweet as
I was thinking of it because I was teaching NESW today using a picture of it for the Never Eat Soggy Weet-Bix mnemonic and damn they look tasty :smiley:

frozen full size pizza.

pizza that doesn’t taste like shite

The Impossible Burger or The Beyond Burger :raised_hands:t3: :revolving_hearts::hamburger:

The Impossible Burger trumps The Beyond Burger, imo. TGIF in Taipei has The Beyond Burger patty on the menu, but they cook the every living heck out of it unfortunately. It’d be nice to have a few patties in my freezer. The rest of their products aren’t bad either.

1 Like

Yesssss! Fresh would be nice. Willie’s used to sometimes have it, but it had been frozen and thawed, so the consistency was a bit gritty.

FYI: I’ve seen Piccallilli at Jason’s.

1 Like

Should ask Costco not Carrefour.

I think you are right. I know for sure that bone in beef imports are illegal from US and Australia too. They are only allowed to import boneless cuts leaving a limited choice in my opinion

I used to trade in products (non foodstuff) that were of bovine origin so some familiarity with the rules relating to BSE and offal. Also familiar with science of prion disease.

Yes, this is one thing I have never seen in Taiwan. A few local guys make the patties, but I would love to see breakfast links here.

Yes, I have only seen it once in Taiwan at an import shop in Taichung. The guy was selling it for 300$ so I passed on it. I heard they used to sell it at Costco years ago.

I haven’t seen a shop selling Bounty! Do Taiwanese dislike coconuts?

1 Like

So if I went back to the US and put a couple cans of beef broth in my suitcase, it would be confiscated at customs in Taiwan?

1 Like

Yuck. Never liked bounty or almond joy.
:sick:

Would like to see more Greek yogurt, we need some competition to Costco.

Also would love to see more sugar free drinks, flavored tea bags such as fruit tea bags, spiced tea etc. I am sick if plain green tea as I refuse to buy other sugary drink powders etc.

Try finding white chocolate. I know most specialized places in town for baking and seriously, the plaster paste they call white chocolate is atrocious.

Can they try to import plantains and cassava for us in the latin community? They do not have to import cassava, it is grown here, especiallly in aboriginal areas. If we get Taiwanese hooked on patacones and enyucados you´ll thank me.

2 Likes

Wellcome and Carrefour sell a pretty good Greek Yogurt. One is without honey (green container) and the other has honey added (blue container).

1 Like

Has anybody seen Waitrose products? They are but gone from Jason´s. They used to have these huge boxes of tea bags, awesome taste, very economical. their Earl Grey was superb.

No, I do not like Twinings, I find the taste too “chemical”. I have bought red teas from Taiwan, they taste too “soft”.

1 Like

Readily available in many places in China too, so odd that it hasn’t made it’s way here.

1 Like