Products from home that you'd like to see sold here

Yeah, but far for me. Easier to pop into a Carrefour.
Did you see any imported chocolate chips that I mentioned?

No can do sir. I asked already for myself.

Haha :rofl:
Fair enough, you lazy bugger.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

But, but, butā€¦
Then why can I find imported Australian and American beef cuts and ground beef all over the place?

Beef is fine.
Beef products are not. Thatā€™s the lawā€¦unfortunately.

1 Like

Seconding good Greek yogurt and bacon.

@SuiGeneris thereā€™s regular and honey nut Cheerios at Carrefour already. I think those are the best flavors by far. Which one are you missing?

Because officially American and Australian cows are BSE free. I believe this is the reason.

As for beef products, as I mentioned, 1) they are hard to prove if actually beef 2) maybe they are concerned that the origin of the beef is unknown 3) have higher risk of BSE contamination from offal . This is just my supposition.

Yes, although I often see Hersheyā€™s chocolate chips at Wellcome. They have a lot of Ghirardelli products.

Iā€™ve never made gravy from beef, I always use pork. I did buy packaged gravy at that place that shut down in Tienmu, Willardā€™s or something. I donā€™t remember what was in it. I remember I had some chicken base gravy once too.

Do Jasons still sell Bisto gravy ? Or was that banned ?

Youā€™re insane, I may be biased because Iā€™m English, but a good Lincolnshire sausage is probably the best sausage in the world.

Anyhow, hereā€™s some things:
Oxo cubes
Branston Pickle
Monster Munch

1 Like

Piccallilliā€¦have to get it in Manila .:disappointed_relieved:

Canā€™t import Beef stock Oxo cubes. Illegal.

Cottage cheese.

3 Likes

You know what would be really cool? If they opened up a Trader Joeā€™s inside of each Carrefour branch.

5 Likes

iā€™m english too. no need to be biased. english sasauges are good for a summer bbq, sasauge sandwich and they are ok in a fry up but not the best part of a fry up.
other english sasauge dishes are nothing to write home about.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen lychees at the various 24hr fruit markets that dot Taiwan. Have you tried the Feicuilu Fresh Fruit Market(ēæ”ēæ ē¶ é®®ęžœå»£å “) on Danjin road? Itā€™s close to LRT Danjin Denggong Station.

I was craving Weet-Bix
and chicken (salt, that is) chips

I was kidding on that one (I only buy lychees from the blue trucks, becuase theyā€™re the freshest and cheapest). :wink: Now if I could get some decent cherries, that would be something.

Iā€™ve seen this at Thomas Meats and, I think, iVegan. Although it may have been Weetabix, the UK version, but Iā€™m pretty sure I saw Weet-Bix in one of those two places.

Normally at Carrefour