Protein drink and lactose-free milk in Taiwan

What should I type in to get protein drink and lactose-free milk from momoshop or pchome?

By protein drink I mean something like this :https://www.amazon.com/Premier-Protein-Shake-Chocolate-11-5/dp/B07MJL8NXR
It’s even better if it’s low or zero sugar.

I went to many 7-11 and asked them if they have 無乳糖牛奶, which was just google translation of lactose free milk, but none of them has it.

I saw a pallet of lactose-free milk at Costco the other day, if that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks. What is Chinese word to search for that on Internet?

無乳糖 鮮乳

https://www.costco.com.tw/Warehouse-Only/Food-Beverages/Chilled/Hood-Lactose-Free-Milk-Whole-Milk-189-L/p/657085

Only available in physical locations.

2 Likes

I would think lactose free milk would be more common here, considering that many Asians are lactose intolerant.

1 Like

Right? I was surprised that I can’t find any. The costco link that hansioux shared is also an American brand (which is fine, but I am just saying it’s surprising I can’t find any Taiwanese brand of lactose free milk so far)

And what about protein drink? I can’t find them either.

Probably Costco as well. Most taiwanese don’t eat that much protein… And those who needs more than the average person buys them and pays too much for it.

I don’t think I’ve seen local lactose-free milk. Aside from Costco, I’ve seen Arla lactose-free milk sold at PX Mart. No leads on protein tho, soz. You could try ordering Lactaid off of Amazon and have it shipped to Taiwan maybe?

1 Like

We just tolerate our lactose intolerance. Why you think so many Taiwanese buy their toilet paper in bulk at Costco.

2 Likes

During the milk safety scandal, it was revealed that a good portion of milk sold in stores isn’t actually milk, It’s more like a milk-flavored drink with added vitamins and white food coloring.

Maybe lactose-intolerant locals drink those brands?

1 Like

If you find one is going to be more expensive and lower quality than imported.

How about almond milk?

Also, you can find milk powder for babies that are lactose intolerant at pharmacies.

I used to use a special milk powder for burn victims that was dirt cheap as an extra protein source after exercise.

Just get soy milk. It’s cheaper than milk and you can find it everywhere.

1 Like

Sunny has Lactaid.

www.sunnybuy.com.tw

Maybe this is lactose free …

3 Likes

Uhm yeah but soy milk is a girls drink. It gives you girl hormones… or something. Without Googling, I am always hesitant about too much soy intake because associations with female hormone production.

Well this is how Taiwanese get milk without lactose… they drink soy milk.

Why do you need a protein drink?

To build muscles…