Protein drink and lactose-free milk in Taiwan

Soy milk at seven is indeed much cheaper than cow milk. So there is that.

honestly you can buy a kilo of chocolate whey protein (or different protein if you’re intolerant) for like 450NT on shoppee, and then a 2 liter of no sugar soy milk is like 60NT at px or carrefour and lasts all week. that’s what ive been on. blend some dried oats, bananas and peanut butter in it too :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Is protein powder worth it? I much rather eat steak than protein powder…

depends on your specific needs. i find it to be an adequate and more affordable way to get additional protein into my diet as an active person who is trying to become more fit as well. protein keeps me feeling fuller so i eat less. also healthier in the long run than a bunch of red meat. i do love steak tho :drooling_face:

So they’re cheaper than all other protein source, including eggs?

Definitely by price and weight. Eggs also aren’t cheap atm. It’s definitely no replacement for dietary protein.

Any recommendation for a whey on shopee? 450NT sounds a little too cheap to me. I prefer one which dissolves easily with water and doesn’t taste too shitty.
Thank you!

PX Mart is selling Arla Lactose Free Milk in some locations. Arla Lactofree Semi Skimmed Milk Drink 1L | Arla UK (arlafoods.co.uk)

i misspoke pardon me. that was for 500g. i think 1kg is like NT750. anyway i use the shop NS muscle. https://shopee.tw/「免運-2入組優惠」新配方!果果低脂乳清-原味無加糖-濃縮乳清蛋白-高蛋白-蛋白粉-WHEY-i.17238721.1129143982?sp_atk=aea59623-3157-4907-9358-0283143ae4e7&xptdk=aea59623-3157-4907-9358-0283143ae4e7
also im not paid by them or whatever, just found it to be a solid chocolate malt whey protein. i blend it with soy milk and espresso on my off days. on gym days i blend it with the above, plus a frozen banana, some dried oats for fiber, and hearty scoop of peanut butter- it’s my treat when i get home. so delicious i could literally drink it every day for the rest of my life.

as for water solubility i can’t help with that unfortunately. tbh water and protein powder sounds gnarly. hydrating, but gnarly. best of luck and report back if you find anything?

edit: sent a like to the 500g and its like 330. so you can certainly find that brand 1kg for cheap,

1 Like