Psycho xiao nan

I think there’s been a lot of talk about psycho xiao jies. But recently there’s a guy who killed his girlfriend because she wanted to break up with him.

Insecurity makes people do stupid things.

[quote=“Gryphon”]I think there’s been a lot of talk about psycho xiao jies. But recently there’s a guy who killed his girlfriend because she wanted to break up with him.

Insecurity makes people do stupid things.[/quote]
She was a psycho xiao jie :smiley:

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Gryphon”]I think there’s been a lot of talk about psycho xiao jies. But recently there’s a guy who killed his girlfriend because she wanted to break up with him.

She was a psycho xiao jie :smiley:[/quote]

No joke dear. 40 stab wounds. She had broke up with him because he hit her.

Quite common too, unfortunately. Less known in the foreign community but psychos xiao nan aplenty. Bi weekly cases. This one is making the rounds because it involves NTU students. The horror!

Worse was the advice by “experts”: if you break up with BF, change phone number, move home, leave common friends. Problem here is many go to the same schools, like the doomed ones above…

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Gryphon”]I think there’s been a lot of talk about psycho xiao jies. But recently there’s a guy who killed his girlfriend because she wanted to break up with him.

Jesus! Start wearing mittens. Seriously.

40 stabs? that motherfucker was totally blinded by hatred or something… in addition to be totally nuts. Are you sure that there are many passion driven murders in Taiwan?

This reminds me of one time I saw what I thought was a traffic accident, and a guy hitting/threatening the couple in the other scooter. It turned to be a mad exboyfriend chasing his ex and a friend who were on scooter. The nutter was hitting the other guy with the helmet. I think…

Such a mysterious case this one: The murderer looks normal, and is a graduate of NTU! :astonished:

[quote=“Ermintrude”][quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Gryphon”]I think there’s been a lot of talk about psycho xiao jies. But recently there’s a guy who killed his girlfriend because she wanted to break up with him.

Jesus! Start wearing mittens. Seriously.[/quote]
You mean like these ones?

Poor taste, that man. Again.

NTU seems to produce an abnormal number of fuckups. Whenever there’s a story like this in the paper - someone abusing or killing people or animals - NTU gets mentioned way too often.

Is it insecurity? I dunno. You’d have to be a certifiable psycho to do something like that. Insecurity is probably way down on the list of reasons.

Anyway, wouldn’t it be psycho xiao di di (which, happily, has a double meaning)? Or psycho nan sheng?

[quote=“jesus80”]40 stabs? that motherfucker was totally blinded by hatred or something… in addition to be totally nuts. Are you sure that there are many passion driven murders in Taiwan?

This reminds me of one time I saw what I thought was a traffic accident, and a guy hitting/threatening the couple in the other scooter. It turned to be a mad exboyfriend chasing his ex and a friend who were on scooter. The nutter was hitting the other guy with the helmet. I think…[/quote]

Control freak/abuser.

Yep, at least in the papers/TV news.

Intern at KPMG, too. Family not too well off, average folk. Now two families go kaput.

Kid a bit obsessive, that’s about all the “weird” vibes he gave off before this.

All kids are good because they do their homework and get good grades. This one did his homework as told and even got into NTU. What could have gone wrong with him? :noway: That is the question on the news.

Oh, and he wanted to emulate the MRT stabber, even went as far as looking for the same kind of knife -couldn’t find it, had to settle for a lesser one.

This kind of murder is fairly routine in Taiwan, often articles in the Chinese language press.

I knew that there was a fair amount of mafia-related murders… but love related?

I mean, isn’t the honorable thing to do here to kill yourself? Or at the very least kill yourself after you killed the girl. SMH

Yeah the honorable thing is to get yourself some help before you kill anyone.
This is the sort of thing, that, to me, suggests we need to give men alternative means of expressing their frustration and disappointment. It seems to me that many modern cultures just tell their men to button down and shut up when they’re hurt.

You’re thinking of that island chain a few hundred km northeast of here.

I knew that there was a fair amount of mafia-related murders… but love related?[/quote]

Domestic violence is at the root of most murders here.

Yeah the honorable thing is to get yourself some help before you kill anyone.
This is the sort of thing, that, to me, suggests we need to give men alternative means of expressing their frustration and disappointment. It seems to me that many modern cultures just tell their men to button down and shut up when they’re hurt.[/quote]

Yep, and more “comprehensive” lives for kids here, not just books and grades and competitiveness and soul eroding existence. So they grow up into happy adults, or at least with a chance at happiness. Without that much pressure and frustration and disappointment. Or at least able to take it if it comes their way.

Poor taste, that man. Again.
[/quote]
Bad me!

No sarcasm in the classroom!

I’ve just had this murder case discussed in one of my adult classes. According to one student, it’s being reported that the guy borrowed NT$100,000 from his parents to pay for them both to travel to Japan, under the expectation of some kind of sexual relationship. On the trip he attempted to take nude photographs and when she slapped the camera away he hit her, which is why she wanted to break up with him.

Is is true? I have no idea. But all of the male students in my class seemed to think the guy was following standard operating procedure, at least initially, in that women are objects to be bought. I guess no one explained to this particular guy what to do when a girl ‘breaches contract’.

Perhaps someone should introduce the concept of being a well-adjusted adult. Even more important than good grades! :astonished: To turn your children into well-adjusted adults you simply allow them to have unstructured play with other children. :astonished: :astonished: Then they will learn to socialize! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Yeah, maybe a hard sell, that one.

[quote=“antarcticbeech”]I’ve just had this murder case discussed in one of my adult classes. According to one student, it’s being reported that the guy borrowed NT$100,000 from his parents to pay for them both to travel to Japan, under the expectation of some kind of sexual relationship. On the trip he attempted to take nude photographs and when she slapped the camera away he hit her, which is why she wanted to break up with him.

Is is true? I have no idea. But all of the male students in my class seemed to think the guy was following standard operating procedure, at least initially, in that women are objects to be bought. I guess no one explained to this particular guy what to do when a girl ‘breaches contract’.

Perhaps someone should introduce the concept of being a well-adjusted adult. Even more important than good grades! :astonished: To turn your children into well-adjusted adults you simply allow them to have unstructured play with other children. :astonished: :astonished: Then they will learn to socialize! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Yeah, maybe a hard sell, that one.[/quote]

…and maybe there are many women in Taiwan who initially like to be bought with some trip to Japan, fancy restaurant dates at ATT4FUN or a designer bag from Bellavita across the street. The local dating culture is messed up on so many levels - then add some frustration on either side because progress is not as desired and that’s how quickly you have a murder case.