Queen Elizabeth II has died aged 96

Not a part of the Commonwealth. Know the biggies: George III (many thanks to his fumble on the colonies), QEII, QEI, Victoria, Henry VIII, Richard the Lionheart, and a few others. QEII definitely a class above most of them.
:beers:

3 Likes

Not everyone is a citizen of the Commonwealth realms and thus reasonably might not know.

2 Likes

Charles I was a biggie but a few hundred years ago. King Charles III has always been ahead of his time. He’s not that popular but I think his head is firmly screwed on. Always championed the environment . And rumored to be against the outlandish immigration/Rwanda policy

Hope he trims down the monarchy and gets rid of the treacherous riff raff.

1 Like

He is another WEF apparatchik:

3 Likes

Not at all mate. Folks in the States still use “dead presidents”.

King Charles I (1600-1649) lost his head (was beheaded).

King Charles II (1630-1685) was the son of the former.

Had Bonnie Prince Charlie succeeded in his aims he would probably have been King Charles III.

she served her country well. Most admirably. And an era has come to a close.

One will not be soon forgotten .

3 Likes

I think Charlie will adopt another name as King, as Charles the name seems unlucky
or has he already gone for that title? oh well. there was an article about what name he might prefer instead of Charles.

Yep, Charles III it is.

Though in the USA, it would be King Chuck III, I gather.

Mind you, for the way he treated his first wife (Diana) he should meet the same fate as Charles I.

1 Like

uhm yes basically on both counts

Countries*

1 Like

yesyes of course, one must not forget the colonies, including the one now called the USA

It was 1984.

yqueen2

4 Likes

The USA is a republic. 15 countries are monarchies run by the commonwealth crown.

She was also Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, St Lucia to name a few.

3 Likes

I say ! King Chuck the Third does have a nice ring to it. Could be a nice name for a new burger chain?

3 Likes

and there is this type of meat… Tommy, you’ve hit upon an idea:

https://gimmetasty.com/what-is-ground-chuck/

1 Like

yesyes, but many Americans are still kinda sorta belonging to the English clan, at least at heart. Most of the colonists were English or some such.

1 Like

Yeah my family lives in New England for example.

1 Like

Really wish it would skip a generation to William.

4 Likes