Questions and Answers about how to get the Coronavirus Vaccine

So you have to write your contact details on a paper form outside of the clinic?
Because I’ve tried several times to sign up electronically for the leftovers at TMU hospital or Far eastern, but their websites always colapse because of the heavy traffic.

Our local clinic you call to make a vaccine appointment.

1 Like

Ya but I don’t speak Chinese

Go there in person, and the local, inefficient, small clinics will give your better chances than huge hospitals (also you need to be able to get there ASAP). It was a very classic random TW “system” with just put down details on some paper, but after a couple of weeks got the call.

3 Likes

Most doctors do as well as nurses.

Go in person, ask for help and it will be given.

1 Like

Haha, not in my experience. Other than “hello”, “bai-bai”. In-person with google translate will probably work to some extent.

Doctors and nurses have to present their reports in English. Younger folk have more courage to speak it, though

I’m just speaking from experience at 3 hospitals (Cathay, Zhong-shan, Shuang-ho) and 2 clinics here, including the foreigner fav - Dianthus!. Hardly anyone, other than a few select doctors can speak English. Cathay even promotes a doctor saying foreigners choose her!

You wouldn’t have to if most of them, as you say, were actually conversant in english.

Dunno. Here TzuChi, Cardinal Tien and local small NHI affiliated clinics will have English speaking personnel. Heck TzuChi and Cardinal have Spanish.

What I said is that they understand medical terms and can help you as since training they have to write reports in English, medical history, etc. They will not come out and say it out loud, as you noticed, conversation is not their forte. But they will try their best to help you.

One of them local clinics helped my friend who does not speak Chinese book her appointment for vaccine on the official website as they were full. Basic English did the job.

She is going to get her second vaccine at a big hospital. I told her to be very specific when they ask her that she is coming for her second. She asked how to do that. I told her to show them the yellow card and lift her fingers forming a two. That should do it.

2 Likes

Went to the SEVEN this morning to see if the reservation site is working today. Not the case. Anyone know when the system is back online for the next batch (those who changed from Moderna back to AZ)? I did the same stupid thing like 50% of people eligible for signing in, opting for Moderna. Now I am one of, I don’t know 30% (?) who want it done regardless of vaccine and changed to AZ. :expressionless:

1 Like

FYI:

Guy

4 Likes

As of July 13

Modena, the first choice of many people, started in the fourth round, that is, the fourth round of 8/5~8/11. The command center has confirmed that there will be a wave of delivery before August 9, but the quantity is not yet available. It was revealed that it was not certain how many lucky people could hit Modena in the fourth round.

They later said the first 4 rounds are AZ, iirc.

July 19

The system platform will first suspend willingness registration after 12 noon today, and will reopen afterwards depending on the new arrival of vaccines. In addition, after the reopening, those who add or change the AZ vaccine will be given priority treatment after the third round of willingness to register for the AZ vaccine. 4.95 million people will receive the AZ vaccine.

Trying to get it done this morning

Why can’t I choose the district? Grhhhh…

Server down. Like last week. Probably need to wait until noon now.

Next group is up for vaccine reservations. I would wait until after lunch. And maybe head to a convenience store and ask for help. The big ones have more than one employee.

I registered a few days ago for what I thought was willingness to get either vaccine. Just now, I got this text, with a number where I added 0s.

COVID-19公費疫苗AZ預約通知:序號00000000000,請於7/20~7/22中午12點前至預約平台選擇接種站及時段進行預約接種。

Then I went here:
https://1922.gov.tw/vas/

Which currently says:
第03期:7/19 12:00前完成登記願意接種AZ,
符合第6、8、9、10類及1973年12月31日(含)以前出生者。
開放預約期間為 7/20(二) 10:00 - 7/22(四) 12:00

I am not qualified under 6, 8, 9 or 10, and I was born after 1973. So:
Have I misunderstood something and should I register, and where?
Do I do nothing because I’m not able to get it now?
If I do nothing, do I have to register again, or will they send me another text later?

Went in again, now it worked. Must have been a glitch with the district choice.

2 Likes

If you got the text, then you should be able to register. Are you sure you don’t have a pre-existing condition that’s in the system (you don’t need to answer that)? Other than that, I guess it’s possible it’s a mistake. But because now everything is automated, I think if it’s a mistake, it would take a lot of work to get everything sorted out then get you back into the system. I would head to a convenience store and make a reservation.

1 Like

Maybe. Where do I find the preexisting conditions?

Convenience store? I can do it on the website right?

Maybe somebody else can help. I forget where they list these.

Yes. I gave up trying with the website, went to a FamilyMart, and had it done in about 2 minutes. I would recommend this route.

1 Like