Questions and Answers about how to get the Coronavirus Vaccine

I just got that same text from1922. Made my reservation for next Tuesday at a clinic down the street from me. Only AZ available. Winning! haha

2 Likes

Me too just got text to reserve an appointment. Its weird like maybe they are using data and texting people they think have some pre existing conditions

I wanted to go to the SEVEN too, but gave it another shot. They added a forth block (the brown one), allowing you to sign in with ID and NHI.

So that went smoothly from there then.
I give kudos to the gov’t for constantly refining the system.
Praise were praise is due.

3 Likes

more than 120 disease are listed, such as diabetes, liver disease, heart disease, etc. Maybe if one of them is recorded on your NHI, you get the text.

I got it done on the website on about 2 minutes. Just needed my ID number (old style) and health card number. The only hard part was that it wore off my card years ago and I had to register on the app to find it.

It looks like I am qualified for whatever reason. I can’t possibly be responsible if they sent me a reservation code. I’m (almost) sure I registered legally. It was EVERYONE over 19 who could register willingness, right?
Anyway, I picked a hospital incase I have an adverse reaction, so maybe they’ll tell me if something is wrong. And if I can’t register after that, screw it. I don’t half want it anyway.

2 Likes

I hope it’s not what they think. That sort of information is stored in your NHI records. I can see a lot of my information in the NHI app.

That’s the one I used. No trouble at all.

Where do I find that list? I saw a few listed that looked serious, nothing I had.

1 Like

You may find the list in a July 11 press release on the CDC site.

I would have pasted just a link of the list in Mandarin with no English explanation, but some people don’t like it, so.

1 Like

You have my permission to PM my anything in English, Chinese, Russian, Cebuano, or Spanish. But NOT French.

I found it. @hannes I’ll let you post this to the information thread if you think it needed. The list is in English and Chinese.

This is serious diseases:
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/VEkHnLVYCbu7yIzqrwl7VA

This is rare diseases:
https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/uJPfP9cUcKi53YfxD6-qrg

2 Likes

My wife just made a reservation. Much improved. But why more than one option in addition to the easiest one of using NHI number and ID number? And when you check your reservation, the final message telling you you’ll receive a confirmation text that never comes is gone (good!), but why no reminder to bring ID and NHI card? Both needed when getting your shot.

Was wondering about that too. And if bringing the confirmation of successful appointment is necessary too. Not sure if some places have a guard outside who checks before letting people in.

I just made a PDF of mine and put it on my phone. I think they know who will be coming since it’s connected to your NHI card.
Most of these places are hospitals and small clinics that have people coming and going. The hospitals have guards outside that take your NHI card, but that seems to be only for record keeping as I’ve gone without an appointment before.

1 Like

I got my first dose yesterday at Kaohsiung Arena. I did bring a print-out of my reservation, but only the security guard outside looked at it. Once inside, it was all very quick and efficient. Lots of people to help and a very clear system for getting in the right line. No waiting. It took longer to fill out the paperwork than it did to get the shot. Very professional. Had us wait for 15 minutes up in the arena seats after the shot for monitoring. If you’re down here, I’d recommend the arena vaccine station.

3 Likes

I printed my confirmation out. You can go to the website and do the reservation check and print out the result. In my case, it was never checked. There was a list of names outside when I arrived and I was happy to see my name on the list.

3 Likes

The confirmation page said this:
前往接種前請戴⼝罩並攜帶⾝分證明文件(如健保卡、中華⺠國⾝分證)
Which means wear a mask and bring your NHI card and ROC ID. I assume ARCs work.

3 Likes

I promise you my wife’s reservation check confirmation page did not have that earlier! I’m glad they fixed it.

I’ve seen a few people on here suggesting it’s better to go and make the vaccine appointment at a 7/11 or a Family Mart, rather than do it online at home. Is that because it’s all in Chinese on the website or is there another reason?

It’s because previously you had to use a chip reader or have your NHI card registered (or something like that). Now, there’s a new icon and it indicates that you need your NHI card number and ID number only. And several of us have made reservations this way.

As for whether English is offered using the reservation system, can somebody else say something about this? I didn’t check.

1 Like

Ah that’s great thanks. It would have been a pain to need a card reader. I think someone did a run through of the registration/appointment process with an English translation on another thread so I can just look for that.

No english but its easy to figure out. Use google translate. The name of hospitals might appear weird in english but the process itself is pretty straightforward

3 Likes