Questions you've wanted to ask the chief

Beautiful losers is a book written by my uncle about my people. We remember snow. While beautiful it (snow) is less fondly remembered than the long tom river which remains bathed in summer still.

I don’t know that word.

If we have nothing to fear, but fear itself, how to fight the fear of fear?

I dude I know from LA told me “Yeah, you like Mexican stuff, let me tell you, Mexicans are like snow…if you didn’t grow up with it, it’s all special and exotic and everything…ask anyone from Moose Jaw or Fargo how they feel about snow…same with Mexicans…”

Fallacious assumption to begin with.
There are about a billion things to be afraid of, what are you stupid?

Fallacious assumption to begin with.
There are about a billion things to be afraid of, what are you stupid?[/quote]
Yes, of course. I’ve got the fear, right?

Imagine my chills when I went, moments ago, to read about the new James McMurtry disc, and there’s a song on it called
You’d a’ Thought (Leonard Cohen Must Die)”

JMC sez:

bobronicity.

I don’t know that word.[/quote]
Then what good are you?

Carob Bean - two words.

Carob Bean - two words.

[/quote]
Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to spell carob. I can already spell bene.

Every time I go to Mexico I wind up feeling under the volcano. Nauseous and ill-advised.

[quote=“the chief”]Imagine my chills when I went, moments ago, to read about the new James McMurtry disc…
[/quote]

I likle dis recording artist.

re: Evil

in the 87%, are these people fluid? I mean, at what point does one piiss in one’s own pool so much that we become one of the 3%?

El Jefe,

I was thinking today on the MRT about whether Purple Haze is superior to Voodoo Child, and then I realized that it is a waste of effort to compare two perfect things.

God I wish I hadn’t been a Mormon infant in 1969.

I know you’ll understand.

I don’t have much hope, but I might as well ask…can anyone in Taiwan really play songs like these, or will I have to get myself to a blues/rock joint back in Norteamérica before I’ll feel that way again?

[quote=“Tomas”]El Jefe,

I was thinking today on the MRT about whether Purple Haze is superior to Voodoo Child, and then I realized that it is a waste of effort to compare two perfect things. [/quote]
I have a personal preference, but it’s just that, I certainly wouldn’t argue for either on the basis of merit.

Which of those 3 factors is the source of your regret, the Mormon part, the 1969 part, or the infant part?

[quote=“Tomas”]I know you’ll understand.
I don’t have much hope, but I might as well ask…can anyone in Taiwan really play songs like these, or will I have to get myself to a blues/rock joint back in Norteamérica before I’ll feel that way again?[/quote]

It’s too bad, indeed, you missed the mid-90’s heyday of Swampus, they were known to wring the last few drops out of the odd Jimi number.
If I do say so myself.
No question, this burg could use a decent fuckin roadhouse, the kind of place where you could be guaranteed to get your shit rocked tight any given weekend.
The kind of place where you could be sure of, to borrow from the publicity materials for the late lamented Bad Elements, “a rolling, rocking, relationship-ending, spend all your whiskey money, lose the keys to your Ranchero good time.”

Fuego!

Nobody can do it then. I thought as much.

I don’t actually regret being 39 today or once having been Mormon. I am just waxing wistful about how much fun it would have been to have been a free, consenting adult when Jimi was traveling about spreading his gospel of rock and roll love.

Like when he was touring with The Monkeys.

I have one; ‘What the fuck is wrong with everyone?’

Short answer?

Chemtrails

Oh… Seems so simple, if you put it like that. I guess it probably is simple.

El Jefe, I would like to know whether or not, at some point in every insightful person’s life, they come to the (accurate) conclusion that they are not as intelligent and talented as they once thought themselves to be, and whether or not this is a good thing.

I would also like to know how to rid myself of this infernal tendency to look for the good in everything. My wife, who is more intelligent and insightful than I am about most things, has clearly outlined the dangers of this tendency, but I find it hard to shake. How does one get realistic without losing one’s zest for life?

And finally, how long with the recession last?

Let me know where to send the payment for your counseling services, and what currency you’d like payment in (lager, stout, or witbeer).