Questions you've wanted to ask the chief

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“the chief”]I reckon it’s gotta be you, me, Tash, Irish Stu, and Retired Navy Seal Douglas MacArthur Shaftoe. Your place. No corners, one entry, practically no windows, you could hold off a division without wasting any ammo.

Next![/quote]

Yeah. I could fix all the stuff that Bubba 2 Guns breaks (and make potato-based meals).[/quote]But what would chiefykins and General MacToe eat?

[quote=“the chief”]If you really want to know, take a closer look, you’ll see there are 2 big straps and buckles on that sleeve, so it can fit over The Right Hand of Doom.[/quote]Ah yes, I can see them now. But it still looks like a lot of trouble to put on. Can he even reach those buckles with his other hand? The Dalai Lama wears his right arm uncovered, so wouldn’t it be easier to dress like him?

Hell Boy is trying to cover up an embarrassing tattoo he had done when he was only 24 years old. he was drunk, drunk on a gallon of vodka rather than power, and it was something about his mum. the Dalai Lama has no such problem.

Another Hellboy question. Why did it take Hellboy a whole film to defeat just one of these?

Also, Isn’t Hellboy’s gun a bit big?

Who would win in a fight between a pelican and a penguin?
How about a pelican and a penguin against a panda?
A pelican and possum against a panda and 2 penguins?

I have a sociological question I’d like to pose to El Jefe.

If you had to define a ratio of outstanding people who are worth knowing and befriending to people who aren’t evil but not really worth knowing to truly evil cunts who would make the world a better place if they died before procreating, what would you put it at?

I’m serious. I’d like to know what you think.

I’d also like to know if you think a person gets further in business by being honest and decent, or by being immoral and callow.

Muchas Gracias, amigo.

The answer is fairly moot, though, no?

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Tomas”]
If you had to define a ratio of outstanding people who are worth knowing and befriending to people who aren’t evil but not really worth knowing to truly evil cunts who would make the world a better place if they died before procreating, what would you put it at?
[/quote]

The answer is fairly moot, though, no?[/quote]

Perhaps, but I’m curious about what the chief will say.

I’ve already asked Loretta.

[quote=“Tomas”]

I’ve already asked Loretta.[/quote]

Sure. It’s the wrong Q, though, given that you are powerless. Zombies are a metaphor, y’know.

[quote=“Buttercup”][quote=“Tomas”]

I’ve already asked Loretta.[/quote]

Sure. It’s the wrong Q, though, given that you are powerless. Zombies are a metaphor, y’know.[/quote]

Yes, I know. I’m not planning on taking any action.

I’m interested in the answer to the question because I’m not the only person living on the planet and I’m curious about what people I perceive to be wise think about it.

But they’re all evil. Head to the basement with a big stick.

And Loretta is not wise; she takes ten minutes to choose a bagel.

Afterthought; why do people assume they are not evil and worth knowing? I mean, I don’t think I’m evil, per se, but I’m pretty amoral and selfish. But I know this and try to even the balance, sometimes. Worth knowing? Maybe. I can be insular and boring. I’m loyal, though. Hmm.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyy? I’m bored and I want to go hoooommmme.

[quote=“Tomas”]I have a sociological question I’d like to pose to El Jefe.

If you had to define a ratio of outstanding people who are worth knowing and befriending to people who aren’t evil but not really worth knowing to truly evil cunts who would make the world a better place if they died before procreating, what would you put it at? [/quote]

Ola, mi hermano.
Interesting query.
It’s worth noting, I think, that whilst a huge percentage of the second group annoy the fucksteaks right out of me, and at a given moment I might energetically recommend them to be immediately dealt with under the Gesetz zur Verhütung erbkranken Nachwuchses, I don’t actually, in my heart of hearts, consider them utterly benighted.
Being a man of faith, as I know you’ll appreciate, I actually believe that the default condition for humanity is one of grace and decency.
I also, unfortunately, happen to believe that living in a modern social condition brings out the worst in people and that deterioration to the lowest and most base common denominator tends to accelerate with the number of individuals aggregated.
Me, personally?
I find that, with surprising frequency, encounters with fellow homo sapiens one-on-one tend to be rewarding and beneficial in some way or another.
Even so, while I can morally and spiritually forgive stupidity and ignorance, that don’t mean that
A. I’ll want to hang around the perpetrator
and
2. I’ll exercise any restraint whatsoever in pointing out, with vigour and often relish, the abundant twatitude of the miscreant’s conduct.
And, of course, as we well know, some people are just fuckin broken beyond fixing.

So, to quantify a response, I reckon, with my qualifications applied:

Outstanding people who are worth knowing and befriending
(those who choose to exercise the energy and creativity to present as truly God’s Children on a regular basis): [color=#FF0000]10%[/color]

People who aren’t evil but not really worth knowing
(those who can’t be arsed to improve, as a person, on what they see on TV every day): [color=#FF0000]87%[/color]

Truly evil cunts who would make the world a better place if they died before procreating:
(a deceptively low figure, since they do get most of the airtime…this group definitely includes anyone who has:
-successfully run for public office
-voluntarily belongs to a group or organisation founded on the pretext that they are superior to non-members
-succeeded in a corporate environment
…in addition, of course, to the obvious representatives like serial rapists and grandparents who cross against the light with their grandkids) [color=#FF0000]3%[/color]

I’d want to be a little more specific here than simply “in business”.
I think that it’s eminently possible to engage in a commercial enterprise and thrive under a moral and ethical code of conduct, sure.
Paying staff fair wages and treating them like significant and valued members of the organisation, charging a fair price for a good product, dealing with partners, suppliers, and customers on a truthful and equitable basis, these are all feasible whilst maintaining profitablilty.
But that just isn’t good enough for most folks.
And that’s where the fuckin avarice comes in.
Once you make the jump from a “business” to a “company”, you’re on the road to perdition.
Lying, cheating, and ill-treatment of others become standard practice.
And if you make the jump to becoming listed, well, you might as well forget about it.
All of this wouldn’t be as societally devastating as it is, except that it’s all fucking OK, and it’s even encouraged.
This is why I taught the chieflette early on that she shouldn’t trust anyone who wears a tie to work every day, that’s the sign of somebody who’s getting paid to lie.

Believe it or not, although you’d be hard pressed to tell, it’s still not OK to lie.

De nada, compañero, vaya con Dios.

Am I in the 3rd group? I have noticed that you don’t consider my questions worth answering :cry:

Only you can determine to which group you belong.
As for your questions, I don’t do the “Batman and Zorro in a sumo fight, who wins?” ones, I leave those to Auntie Iris.

[quote=“the chief”]As for your questions, I don’t do the “Batman and Zorro in a sumo fight, who wins?” ones, I leave those to Auntie Iris.[/quote]That would obviously be Batman, Zorro’s skill is swordmanship and you can’t take a sword into a sumo fight.

A very fine answer, El Jefe. I have similar views on both subjects, but am not able to articulate them as well as you did. I appreciate it.

Somebody once told Leonard Cohen that the real drama of your life doesn’t even “begin” until you recognize that things were not even supposed to be perfect. You can’t fix everything. In fact it is quite likely true that you can’t fix almost anything at all. That last part is mine.

Have you seen “I’m Your Man”?

What did you think?

[quote=“bob”]Somebody once told Leonard Cohen that the real drama of your life doesn’t even “begin” until you recognize that things were not even supposed to be perfect. You can’t fix everything. In fact it is quite likely true that you can’t fix almost anything at all. That last part is mine.

Have you seen “I’m Your Man”?

What did you think?[/quote]

Dude, I SAW Leonard Cohen! There’s this coffee shop in Montreal where he eats breakfast every morning, and when I was there in like '89, I went there one morning, expressly in hopes of seeing him, and sure enough…there he was.
I didn’t have the corn to talk to him.
Uh sorry, where we, yeah, I saw it but it was a long time ago.
But I echo the sentiment exactly.
I think part of the problem that people who grew up in North America after the 1940’s is that, when we were growing up, our post WWII, post-Depression, post-Kennedy parents and teachers, Gawd bless 'em, actually taught us, for the most part, that life IS fair, and that things CAN be perfect.
Of course, this is probably the most effective tool in The Man’s big red Snap-On roller chest for keeping you down and busy as a little beaver working to keep His profits up, this asinine notion that an Archie comics/Bewitched/Officer and A Gentleman (choose your meme) existence is actually to be expected.
While, of course, the reality is quite the opposite.

How do you spell Caribbean?