Race superiority, wtf?!

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I keep reading so much crap about race this and race that and one being superior to the other and it’s really getting on my nerves.
Why is it that it’s so hard for people to get along just because we look different?
I was brought up in a small village in the middle of no where in Sweden and I didn’t really go to school with many foreign people and yet I couldn’t care less what colour you are, where you come from, nor what you look like, what’s important to me is what you’re like as a person.
I’m not going to say that I don’t judge people based on their looks at times, but it really pisses me off when I do.
What also bugs me is when people say, oh it’s a so and so and they all look alike, that’s just not the case.
Maybe I’m just strange, but I look at people and we all look different from each other, beyond the colour issues and I think it would suck if we didn’t.
Shouldn’t the issue of race be past us? It’s 2006 not 1906…
As far as I can tell, this planet will never be a better place until we can accept that it doesn’t matter what “race” or colour people are, we’re all humans and that’s that.
There’s nothing that bugs me more than a racist, no matter which way the racism goes.
For some reason it’s ok for none “white” people to be racist in the UK towards “whites” these days, go figure…
I guess this might not be the right place to post this, but after reading things here I’m a little bit worried about moving to Taiwan, as I expect that people accept me for who I am, not because of what I look like or the colour of my skin.
Anyhow, this is becoming a rant now so I better stop.

There’s nothing worse than a racist.

Other than a non-white one. :wink:

Lots of cultures continue today to preach to their young that they are priveliged blah blah. The French are claiming cultural superiority, the Italians are living in their past glory of the Roman Empire, the Japanese have always maintained a view on their Race as being pure, and we don’t even need to mention the Germans!

Most people believe their religion is superior (Afterall if they didn’t wouldn’t they have converted?)

It doesn’t matter where you come from, people believe in all kinds of dumb stuff.

So let me ask you, where do you draw the lines between National Pride and Racism?

When a lynch mob comes out and beats you to a plup to let you not you are not welcomed. Compare to that, the usual institutionalize discrimination doesn’t hurt as much.

Killing based on your race is also bad.

I’m kind of on the fence about girls that reject people based on race. Because you never know if it could have been just a bad hair day.

But after the lynching, we always have fried chicken, cornbread and iced tea. Much more sociable.

:wink:

I was born wet naked and screaming and if I’m lucky will die the same way.

Everyone has their prejudices and those who say they don’t are holier than thou delusional liars.

Good cornbread has a bit of sugar added and must be made in an iron skillet.

Its easier for a lot of people to throw stones from behind a hedge than to look someone in the eye and say ‘Hello’ with a smile.

Is this friday?

Declaring that your race, colour, country, religion - whatever - is superior is a sure sign that you are inferior. We are usually trying to kid ourselves.

How do you feel about a country that considers dog its national dish?

Everyone loves dogs in their own special way. Some like them BBQ, some like them steamed.
BBQ lovers and Steam lovers should not fight.

Continuously defining what you think makes people “inferior” might be a sign of an inferiority complex.

How do you feel about a country that considers dog its national dish?[/quote]

Are you trying to say that if a country practices something you don’t agree with, they must be inferior? That doesn’t make sense to me.

The first step to recovery! :bravo:

Keep going, TC - we’re all behind you (though some of us think we’re ahead of you :wink: ).

Are you trying to say that if a country practices something you don’t agree with, they must be inferior? That doesn’t make sense to me.[/quote]

I’m asking you how you feel.

Are you trying to say that if a country practices something you don’t agree with, they must be inferior? That doesn’t make sense to me.[/quote]

I’m asking you how you feel.[/quote]

Well, I haven’t been sleeping much lately, so I’m a little tired, and I’m worried about one of the dogs, who isn’t eating. Also, my back’s been giving me some jip, but apart from that I’m feeling pretty good. Thank you for asking.

What a nice turn this thread has taken! :slight_smile:

… “the chosen ones”.

[quote=“Stray Dog”]
Well, I haven’t been sleeping much lately, so I’m a little tired, and I’m worried about one of the dogs, who isn’t eating. Also, my back’s been giving me some jip, but apart from that I’m feeling pretty good. Thank you for asking.

What a nice turn this thread has taken! :slight_smile:[/quote]
Yoga can help your back. I don’t know HOW you didn’t sleep after all that dancing, that nice dinner, and beers with friends.
I feel pretty well as well. Been lazy as hell all morning and have not done a single thing that I got up early in order to do… Sadly my throat is better and I have no excuse so I have to go back to work today :frowning:

I think white women have a place in society…

horizontal

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“SuchAFob”][quote=“Stray Dog”]

What a nice turn this thread has taken! :slight_smile:[/quote]
Yoga can help your back. I don’t know HOW you didn’t sleep after all that dancing, that nice dinner, and beers with friends.
I feel pretty well as well. Been lazy as hell all morning and have not done a single thing that I got up early in order to do… Sadly my throat is better and I have no excuse so I have to go back to work today :frowning:[/quote]

I had 35 dogs to feed and exercise when I got home. Then an early morning meeting. :frowning:

But I did have an interesting evening. Thanks for saving me from myself and those BBQ gangsters.

Anyway, back to racism/superiority and TC’s and DE’s waterproof arguments. :laughing:

It wasn’t just friends; Sandman was there, too, don’t forget.

[quote=“Stray Dog”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Continuously defining what you think makes people “inferior” might be a sign of an inferiority complex.[/quote]The first step to recovery! :bravo:
Keep going, TC - we’re all behind you (though some of us think we’re ahead of you :wink: ).[/quote]Mebbe thats why you show me so much of your ass… :moon: