Racial Tensions in US 2020

You are thinking too hard…many of the rioters have been heard chanting eat the rich.

She is the top 1%. And not of her own. We just want her to stay sober, not try to change the world. No one wants to just slap the truth on her that she has never been oppressed in a day of her life. But we are too scared to hurt her feelings and cause a relapse. I feel that it’s something she developed to cope with her own inability to fix her life.

I don’t understand why someone would that. I guess if they did they are showing injustice by police?

So Floyd didn’t get Burger King for being arrested but smothered to death? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I’m assuming the labels are sarcasm but tbh this need to label who’s who in a conversation about behavior as if only people who participate in are only on thing is false .

I live in a “redneck” neighborhood so I don’t see the point. I’ve encountered racist all across social-economic range.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: From black man shot

Even the store owners ask why Floyd was arrested. Did he suspect he was printing false bills?

I’m going to go back and re-read your original post.

The old have died and are dying off, but the idealogy still is here and that is a problem.

1 Like

Oh? I read your post. The owners said calling the cops when the got a fake bill was normal. They also speculated that Floyd might not have known the bill was fake. I never read there or anywhere that he himself has forged the bill. Did I miss something? :idunno:

1 Like

Imagine losing your life because you unknowingly uesd a fake bill?

2 Likes

Grand Theft Auto times 50 (50 cars reportedly stolen)
This kind of stuff is hardly peaceful protesting is it?
NOt a Gandhi move.

I shouldn’t get involved.

Let’s be honest. When you (again generally sense) spend hours and hours playing the fake version, wish and visualizing what you would do in reality this is what happens.

America does need to take a closer look at what we allow ourselves to consume for entertainment.

Well, the 911 call also speculated that he was drunk or on drugs and generally “not in control of his body,” so let’s not elevate the dead guy too high.

But yes, dying for a good reason is so much better…not for you personally, but maybe for the larger cause.

I think I saw that protests at US embassies in London and Frahnce had taken place. That’s good. They have militarized their police forces and tactics and justified it because of the very real terrorist threats. We’ve dodged that bullet for the most part. Why we need goddamned tanks and armored assault vehicles to reign in a bunch of mostly skitterish young people is a curiosity that the PEOPLE in the rest of the world take a hard look at. Their cops have tanks and armored vehicles too and they do not have a inexplicable desire to be free to the point of getting sick and/or dying for a cause…something we have a real history of.

I’d like to see the all that armored shit out of city limits. Keep it in the armories, gathering dust.

3 Likes

Well I am sure China is sitting watching bemused.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/SpokespersonCHN/status/1266741986096107520

Yeah maybe not so bemused.

1 Like

sorry wrong word. AMUSED like with GLEE :slight_smile:
winnie has a huge SMIRK on his face i bet

as i type this my county CONTRA COSTA has issued an emergency decree CURFEW starting in one hour and 15 mins !! And there are reports of HORDES of protesters on 680 freeway off walnut creek about 8 miles away.

We tried to go to a supermarket at a mall just now and the whole mall is closed . They are prepared for riots or anticipating one.

We are not worried about protesters, we are worried about RIOTERS AND LOOTERS

A great many of which are young black men. not a good image for the black community I bet.

1 Like

Are they coming in from Oakland?

One might think that as Oakland has a large population, but its not just Oakland, its the whole area around there. but no telling. There are large black communities in Bay Point, Pittsburg, etc. More on the fringes.
They want to bring the riot to the mostly white and asian rich town of walnut creek , the hippest “white” town of the East Bay. Its the toniest town of the East Bay. A place where young black males driving around town may normally be stopped for a police check on a friday night.

Concord, a larger less affluent town is just down the street and mins from where I live.

I want to stress that PROTESTERS have also included whites and asians !! But the RIOTERS and LOOTERS are largely black far as I can see (so far).