Racial Tensions in US 2020

When have you heard cops en masse say they have to change and showing willingness to hold themselves accoutable? This is a popular revolution.

And I see you a Malcolm X

1 Like

Antifa kid destroying a cop car

Turning himself in with his mom and dad lol

I donā€™t think heā€™s even a kid. Looks at least 18-25

No more a money pit than having to pay compensation to those who are victims of police brutality. IJS

So you wanna be started sumthinā€¦:notes:

:rofl:

Reminds of my cousin who lives in a mansion supporting these riotsā€¦the irony that they hate her for it is lost on her.

1 Like

Zero sum agruments are popular.

Sure.

Corporations have insurance and will recoup their losses inside of a week. Small and family-owned businesses will be destroyed. Residents who have means to leave will do so and take their tax base with them.

I can sort of guarantee this because itā€™s happened before.

1 Like

Interview with an African American woman on ABC saying she is moved because its the first time they are getting. support from every other race, and its a new. perspective she hasnā€™t experienced in. her. lifetime.

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably, by far, the least certain person here.

1 Like

I second that.

For the first time I feel like I can have a discussion with my neighbors about racism and not worry if they are going to a) apologize to me to death or b) throw up some wall and be angry.

On this thread , I do wish I could share more of my pov and experience and be heard. Sighā€¦baby steps.

3 Likes

Not really racial because if violence happened, it would be white rednecks shooting white antifa protesters but relevant to the discussion.

Iā€™m all for that.

2 Likes

Spike uses it in the trailer for his (awesome looking) new joint, but Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t mindā€¦

1 Like

You know thatā€™s a MJ song :wink:

Oh yea that new movie looks :fire::fire::fire:. Iā€™m excited after two months of crappy stuff.

What group are you defining as the ā€˜theyā€™ here?

Check yer bias, bruh!

:wink:

I love this:
No threat when thereā€™s mutual respect.

And while yes thereā€™s a single photo a truck, dunno whose, which has a trigger warning! Bo and Luke Duke flag, I prefer this one:

1 Like

Rioters

ā€˜Riotersā€™ describes individuals with individual thoughts, not group, or ā€˜theyā€™ ideas.

Anyway just want to make sure youā€™re not implying antifa, as you yourself said itā€™s weird they were added as terrorists, considering they are not, and not recognized as an organized group.

You said youā€™re not, so thanks. Saved us the time.

That the victims are painted in the worst possible light. I mean, there is an ocean of difference between passing a forged check bounced check whatever all the things some media said was the reason Floyd was ā€œarrestedā€ and the real reason: having a false bill. The second is something that can happen to anyone, bills come and go. And it does not merit being thrown around, let alone held as if he was Hannibal Lecter.

I imagine a POC will be even more furious if you put the picture big Floyd next to Dylan Roof, the Charleston shooter, and how he was treated after killing a bunch of church goers.

Police treat POC differently. And people think it it OK because POC are painted in the worst possible way, trying to justify why old ladies, kids, etc are slammed to the ground when arrested or common POC citizens are arrested for minor offenses and flimsy accusations. Police are legally covered so it goes on and on. Lives are lost and destroyed.

State senator arrested. FBI agent arrested. Minding their business, not breaking windows or robbing. The police say they look like a suspect. Being dark skinned is suspect.

Latinos used to be Republican as anti communist. Times have changed.