Racist Ruten ad?

now you got it ! Those could actually be Trump’s own words :joy:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: There go our reputations… :doh:

I’m always baffled at how surprised people here are to receive retaliation, yet the same people, upon feeling slighted, will blow back at full force.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: There go our reputations… :doh:

Maybe they are just having fun ?

1 Like

That certainly wasn’t the case with my old part time Buxiban boss.

Evil?

1 Like

Not evil…just vindictive whenever felt slighted at the least, yet certainly didn’t see anything wrong with being offensive, sharing sensitive personal details of me with other people, denying my rights at work and being totally surprised to see pushback when I accused him of violating my work rights and unlawfully using a work permit as blackmail. He was convinced he was totally in the clear and would win any lawsuit I threw at him…until I won that lawsuit.

He once told me I will never teach again in this country. He’s totally right, I will never teach again. I don’t ever again want to touch English Teaching with a 10m pole.

Anyway, back on topic, I will most certainly first send this Ruten ad to the media. I used annoyance to push back, he used racism and insults. Gloves are off. If I can push back against a multimillion dollar telco, I can certainly pushback some schmuck on Ruten.

5 Likes

Oh no !! So your English sucks more than your Mandarin as well…there is no hope for you :joy:

1 Like

:rofl:

Yeah, my English was so weird because I say anti- with an ee sound and called this :airplane: an aeroplane, while I called the dot at the end of sentences a full stop. They only want to learn English the way they think it should be taught. It’s rather insulting to have non native speakers tell me how to speak my own language. I is very smrt u no!

I’ve since resigned myself to grunting to get what I want.

2 Likes

I really hope the K-Man will write an article about this. It will be amazing. Did you send the links to Taiwan News? If not, consider it a moral duty.

1 Like

I did. I sent them an email.

1 Like

I hope the guy gets banned from the site. So many people here seem to think that kind of casual racism is perfectly acceptable, especially online.

5 Likes

I have just learned to live with your constant abuse @Dr_Milker …I would prefer if you were not banned

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why so much 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓? :dvd:

It sounds like he (the ad lister) doesn’t care much. He doesn’t seem to know how to use Ruten and got annoyed when someone bought, taking down, his listing and lashed out. Ruten isn’t going to dox him. If he’s not a regular seller, having his account shut down will mean 0. He’ll probably figure out where he’s supposed to place a “want to buy” ad and he won’t find it there either because he’s willing to pay too little.

1 Like

You’re probably right, but it’s nice to fantasize,

But doesn’t Ruten record ID Numbers? If he was banned, surely that’s it.

I hope they delete the account.
I use ruten but it sucks, seeing as they can’t seem to keep on top of spammers with 300,000+ items and zero feedback and with mass listings in the wrong categories.

I’ve gone full 180 from attempting to boycott China to buying stuff from tabao. Half the sellers on ruten are just flipping stuff from taobao anyways.

2 Likes

Have you reported the guy to Ruten?