Rare Ice Cream Finds

Have you tried the Tico mini ice cream bars from Korea? they are now on sale in PX mart. small bars, individually wrapped.
The chocolate is crunchy, the ice cream creamy, but no salt.

Nice tip. I will check that out!

Guy

2 Likes

Family Mart has these protein filled treats on sale for us, fitness minded folks :muscle:

2 Likes

I saw those! How do they taste?

Guy

1 Like

They taste like a dark chocolate protein bar (a good one!). I enjoyed it because I like the deep bitter feeling of dark chocolate, but if you like sweeter things you might be disappointed. The only disappointing thing is that it is way smaller than the box makes it look from the outside.

3 Likes

Mind blown. I havenā€™t seen these since the 90s. Found tonight at familymart. If you have any friends from the UK or IRE theyā€™ll understand.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve sung Talentiā€™s praises before, but tonight I had the Sea Salt Caramel. Best ice cream Iā€™ve had in years. Purchased at Mia Cā€™bon in Daā€™an.

4 Likes

Talenti is good, but Iā€™ve never found the flavors that I really want to try. Online they have mint fudge cookie and dark chocolate, but Iā€™ve never found those options here :cry:

2 Likes

As an American, I love that ice cream is available in abundance throughout the year, unlike in Taiwan, or at least in Taoyuan supermarkets.

In the summer, my local PX Mart had 5 cases full of ice cream, like thisā€¦

But now that itā€™s winter, the ice cream section is down to two shelvesā€¦

I understand why, but itā€™s still a bit disappointing for ice cream addicts like myself

4 Likes

unlike in Taiwan?

@Steve4nLanguage 's point is that his local Taoyuan stockists treat ice cream as a seasonal product instead of properly treating it as a year-round necessity. :rofl:

Guy

3 Likes

I donā€™t get it, what are we comparing Taiwan to?

US supermarkets. The ice cream section isnā€™t reduced by 90% in the winter where I come from (Northern California).

2 Likes

Ah. Thank you.

Same in Danshui supermarkets, alas. A much diminished selection.

But they havenā€™t gotten rid of the ekselent ice cream, have they?

At least they havenā€™t tried adapting the flavors for the Taiwanese market by changing them to mung bean paste or somethingā€¦ :nauseated_face:

1 Like

American Supermarkets have an entire isle dedicated to ice cream. Sometimes 2

They have at mine. Just one paltry freezer with ice cream, I asked to make sure actually. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s consternation among foreigners all over Taiwan about this.

1 Like

Oh thank god. We have averted catastrophe! And we thought the Chinese and Iran protests were big.