Rat Issues

All taken care of - exterminator comes on Friday. He will set traps in cat safe areas including along their tracks above the ceiling. They will remove bodies. They can determine if it is mice or rats.

Not getting a terrier. We can care for a cat but can not commit to a dog. We travel too often and dogs require daily walks and attention we cannot give. Plus as I have said, someday we will move home and do not want more than one pet in tow.

[quote=“channamasala”]All taken care of - exterminator comes on Friday. He will set traps in cat safe areas including along their tracks above the ceiling. They will remove bodies. They can determine if it is mice or rats.

Not getting a terrier. We can care for a cat but can not commit to a dog. We travel too often and dogs require daily walks and attention we cannot give. Plus as I have said, someday we will move home and do not want more than one pet in tow.[/quote]
Good news well I will be interested to know how it all pans out so if you can keep us updated that would be interesting. Yah I mentioned Terriers as cats are kind of over rated as rodent killers. They tend to kill one and play with it; good terriers on the other hand are rodent killing machines :smiley: But yes they take far more maintanence than a cat! All the best I hope we hear some good news too. Perhaps ask the exterminators if they know where the main entry points are and if they can block them up. Although that is the landlady’s job!

other rat, mice and cat stuff moved [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/rats-mice-and-cats/62275/1

fenlander - the exterminator already said they’d come in and open up the walls, ceilings etc (the wooden parts they could get to) to fidn their entry and exit points and block them, as well as clear out any nest evidence they could find. Then they set traps actually in the ceiling (which is cool) so they are cat-safe, and if we know a mouse/rat got trapped, we call them and they come take it away.

Landlady agrees that the structural fixes are her job so she’s paying NT $2000, we are paying NT $3000 (since it really was the cat food that attracted them, we feel this is fair).

Cats should be able to catch the rats… that is if the cats on this island weren’t so damn puny and the rats weren’t so damn monstrous. My cat back in the states could take them buggers, but then again he was easily twice the size of the local ones.

It’s not a matter of how big the cat is, it’s a matter of how big they think they are. I have a cat that is so tiny everyone thinks she isn’t fully grown yet (she’s 15). She also has no teeth. Yet she brought back two rat presents to us once when the neighbours had an infestation (rabbit food left out in this case).

[quote=“channamasala”]fenlander - the exterminator already said they’d come in and open up the walls, ceilings etc (the wooden parts they could get to) to fidn their entry and exit points and block them, as well as clear out any nest evidence they could find. Then they set traps actually in the ceiling (which is cool) so they are cat-safe, and if we know a mouse/rat got trapped, we call them and they come take it away.

Landlady agrees that the structural fixes are her job so she’s paying NT $2000, we are paying NT $3000 (since it really was the cat food that attracted them, we feel this is fair).[/quote]
Ah that’s great :thumbsup: Nice to see everyone being reasonable.

Would this one do the job :roflmao:

Yeah, cats SHOULD be able to catch rats but my cat is a stupid lazy fat-ass.

I can’t figure out how to imbed an image from my computer (not from the Internet) on this thing, or I’d post a photo!

Would this one do the job :roflmao:
[/quote]

That cats all fluff. And look at that mild-mannered demeanor. My Ping Ping could take him in a second. :wink:

Nice Coon!

Unfortunately you can’t embed an image file from a local machine, you have to host it somewhere on the internet first then link to it in your post.

This dastardly requirement is necessary to save our server space, and is common to most php forums around.

Yeah, I’m too lazy to do that so no picture of my cat for y’all!

I guess you can take a look here: http://laorencha.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-cat.html

Found Mighty Mouse here…

…in a corner, under the sofa.

You know, I run a pretty clean house - a tight ship so to speak - but this bugger has been giving myself and my coxswain the run around for a couple of months. Finally, he got… erm… ratted out. Complacency got the better of him.
The Grim Reaper arrived in the form of an angry Dachshund.

Death was swift.

The barbecue took slightly longer.

Heard that farmers down south Taiwan way do eat those big frickin rats! Supposed to be pretty yummy.

I had to do the deed and drown a rat stuck on rat paper once because nobody else in the office would do it. I supposed Jesus wouldve freed the rat and let him go on his own way, but being me I drowned the rat. I figured it was better then letting it die of thirst and hunger and go crazy in the hot sun.

In Taiwan there were a few small mice that took up residence in my bedroom for a month or two. I decided enough was enough when i found two of them on my pillow one night. Went hunting for em and beat 3 of em to death with my badminton racket (tennis racket wouldve been more macho but I didnt play tennis).

Still dont like doing it. IM not a killer. But I guess it had to be done.

whoa… that doesnt look like a mouse o_O or if its one its huge.

anyway. if its rats and you want to make some money… catch them and train them to sweep for mines and sell them to countries with mine problems :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ryan the third”]whoa… that doesnt look like a mouse o_O or if its one its huge.

anyway. if its rats and you want to make some money… catch them and train them to sweep for mines and sell them to countries with mine problems :slight_smile:[/quote]

Wouldn’t work in Taiwan, the whole mime thing has never really caught on here.
Portland, in the summer, though, it would be great, you can’t walk 10 fuckin feet downtown without being accosted by one of them.

What’s with the drowning business a few people have mentioned here? Drowning is probably one of the most unpleasant possible ways to check out … and after all, it’s not their fault they’re rats, and it’s certainly not their fault cities like Taipei are designed to encourage vermin. What’s wrong with a fireaxe or a meatcleaver? Messy, but a lot quicker.

Thanks for the picture that i have in my head now of a mischief of trained rats chasing and hunting down an annoying mime silent film style :bravo:
That will hopefully help me get through the rest of another day of office work :astonished:

I was trying to figure out why there is a picture of a mime and why Portland would have mine problems.

[quote=“Mucha Man”]
That cats all fluff. And look at that mild-mannered demeanor. My Ping Ping could take him in a second. :wink:[/quote]

Ha. My Tasha could take your Ping Ping, ANY day! :snooty: