Reasons to Be Cheerful

New Model Army! :thumbsup:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0ydV3poTqI

Sorry to dominate (EDIT: poach) your thread, but I’m just loving it! :blush:

No problems. I loved NMA when I was a nipper. The link I posted is so evocative for me. Late 80s, early 90s Britain, where Glastonbury was a way of life, not a middle-class holiday spot, and I was still skinny enough to climb up a rope to get over the 14 foot fence (and you could actually do that without getting tasered by guards or knifed by drug-dealing hole diggers charging £50 to crawl through their tunnel)! Magic night in the Greenfield, listening to Ed Alleyne Johnson, the violin player, who was walking around the stone circles, playing. We decided we didn’t need any money or a tent or other provisions, as we weren’t going to eat, sleep or shit for the whole five days. Which worked a charm until day four when our speed ran out and we ate a chickpea curry and a bunch of acid. Jesus. That was the least pleasant evacuation of my life. Geraint and Lorna and Anne! Wherever you all are now, I love you!

You nearly rock as much as me and Tommy, BC! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Pft. Yeah, I rocked a lot more when I was 15. Less rocking, nowadays. Boo! I had to pay five 1990 guineas for a roll of Andrex. Old style glasto toilets - think cholera plague pit meets Apocolypse Now and you’d be close to the stench of 10000 vegan curries, post exeum. The Welsh mushrooms didn’t help. The horror.

:sick: :roflmao:

My Name is Larry
His name is Larry.

Thanks jimipresley, I always wondered what Pere Ubu sounded like. Why? I don’t know.

we’re all crayzee now
except me

Um…the medication is starting to work?

I don’t know who these folks are (they’re calling themselves The Big Clifty Players (Big Clifty is in Kentucky)), but in my opinion they’re good, they’re Sothran, and they’re playing an old Sothran tune called “Cripple Creek” (apparently embedding is disabled on this one) youtube.com/watch?v=i1CzMgGs_Lk

(By the way, Mr. jimipresley, I remember buying the single of Arthur Brown’s “Fire” in 1968.)

Edit: The band’s name is Mountain Sprout, and they’re from Eureka Springs, Arkansas.