Receding hairline - what can be done?

Original Title: Cant believe Im thinking about this already!!

Im only 27 but I am starting to notice a receeding hair line. It has gotten to the point where I think I should do something about it before it is too late. I dont know too much about the products out there, e.g. Rogaine, but I am always skeptical of things like this.

Does anyone have any good experiences with any prevention or treatment methods available in Taiwan? Im open to most ideas as long as they are not to spendy or involve glue. Thanks for the help!

1. seaweed
  2. yogic postures to improve nutrition to the brain
  3. traditional Chinese medicine
  4. Hair plugs (coesmetic surgery)

or just accept that receeding hairlines are naturally charming and shows a high testosterone level so proving your desire in the sack…

:frowning:

Whatever you do , just dont do what my bud in Taiwan is doing and letting the rest of his hair grow out real long. It doesnt make you look better.

The locals here say salty food would make people become bald. Then again, the locals have a lot of nonsense health suggestions at hand, but I have noticed my ever so slight hair loss, which had started when I came to Taiwan in 2004 has seemingly not progressed since I am here. And I do not eat much salt here naturally.

There is nothing on the market as effective as Propecia. It was discovered accidentally that patients testing drugs for prostate cancer were suffering less hair loss and in some cases, had renewed growth. Something about decreasing the testosterone level. Propecia doesn’t decrease testosterone to a level where libido is affected. Available OTC in Taiwan, but quite costly and you need to take it for the rest of your life or your hair will return to it’s original balding pattern. And don’t expect results for about 6 months.

1. Start shaving. As long as one’s skull is not misshapen, it’s a fine option. One saves on shampoo what time must be put in. Be sure to maintain one’s saving device. Use proper lubricants, and clean regularly.
    A fresh shaved skull is a sure-fire conversational device.

It’s enough to make your hair fall out.

Its gods way of telling you that you were bad - I have a full head of hair and clearly have always been an angel. (no - no smiley this is factual)

Seriously though, does it really matter? You get your hair pattern from your mum’s side of the family so at least you know who to blame if it upsets you - your father for marrying into the wrong family!

My father had very sparse hair in his late twenties and still has most of what he was left with my 30. He’s in his 60s now and has more hair than most of his peer group. Its just a bit like being the first boy at school to have pubes - be proud and wear your baldness as a sign of virility as suggested elsewhere in this thread.

Buzz it. Better yet, get your own battery-powered sheers and buzz it yourself in the bathtub. I haven’t paid for a haircut in 15 years. I’ll never understand guys who blow money to keep stuff on the top of their head that just slows them down in the morning and during/after showers. It strikes me as insecurity in the extreme.

You just need to develop one side and give it the old comb over.

Remember not to wash it a few days before a typhoon, just to be sure it stays in place.

HG

That’s a nice bright shirt you have on there, HGC. Fetching.

:slight_smile: I always wondered what you looked like HG, thanks for sharing! :roflmao:

I’m using Finasteride. I buy 10 5mg tablets for NT328. I chop each tab in 4 pieces (1.25mg) because the liver/kidneys can’t process more than 1mg daily.

So NT328/40 days = NT8.2/day. Affordable, and I’ve seen results within two months.

Alternatively, I could just man up and go bald gracefully.

Possible side effects include impotence, decreased ejaculation, and a bushy unibrow :ponder:

Receding hairlines can be cured by the proper and daily use of kettlebells.

Not in my case they haven’t.

Not in my case they haven’t.[/quote]

You are not using enough duct tape.

Kettlebells are better for making it look like you have more core strength.

If you want to make it look like you have more hair, try that newfangled invention they call

“the hat.” :bow:

One alternative that no one has mentioned yet is the “spray painting of the skull” technique popularized by Rod Blagojevich.

I went to my doctor the other day and asked if he had anything to keep my hair in. He gave me a cardboard box. Boom boom!

Fact is, men who keep their hair only do so because they have high levels of oestrogen. They’re not a million miles away from being ladyboys (notice how they also rarely have chest hair?).

Real men are baldys. FACT.

tomthorne has a lustrous, silky, full head of hair.

Sir, I regret to inform you that there are numerous violations of your client’s patent in effect at the west Swansea British legion tea dance, every other Wednesday. However, any attempt to recoup losses pertaining to violation of said patent will be met with as much resistance as when Beryl and Jean attempted to provide scones with the tea instead of welshcakes. The parties have not responded favourably to any previous cease and desist notices, but are said to be more receptive on windy days.