Recommended Websites

Link works OK for me.
That has to be the sickest game I have ever come across in my entire life.
Oh, and by the way, my high score is five dead, two injured.

5779393.nease.net/

Added later after Spack’s post below, with a good point:

[A very small handful of photos of Tibetan landscapes, which might take ages to download on some machines…

For me, it just takes seconds, immediate gratification, but be warned, according to Spack, it migh take ages to download. If this continues to cause trouble, I will delete the link. Let me know Maoman or Big Fluffy. I don’t want to cause any new problems having just turned over a new leaf.]

Formosa’s link is a very small handful of photos of Tibetan landscapes, which took ages to download.

Mods, could we make it a ‘rule’ in this thread to provide a brief description of the content of a website that is linked to? It doesn’t take much effort to type a few words.

www-uk.cricket.org

Absolute must for cricket fans. Btw, India need another 100-odd runs to beat Australia, in Oz, for the first time since 1981 with eight wickets in hand–A thiller in the making.

I think whenever someone posts a link (not just in thier thread) they should provide a brief description of what it is. That would save a lot of people’s time.

Brian

[quote]Spack wrote:
fhmus.com/images/reporter/sl … niputt.swf

What’s your best score so far?
On the first time round, I got a miserable 53. The second improved to 43.
[Edit: best so far; 35][/quote]

This mini-putt is fun! My best score so far is 29. I’m aiming for 27 (1.5 per hole) but a couple are very tricky.

Brian

I’ve been a fan of this blog for years, but maybe some of you here haven’t seen it yet:

I Hate Music

This one is a classic, “How To Write a Talking Heads Song”:

Ooo, this one’s a larf, too.

www.lostamerica.com

A collection of amazing night photogrpahy from a US based photographer. His main area of interest is what he calls “Lost America”… long forgotten gas stations, abandoned racecources, trailer parks, urban decay, plane graveyards etc etc… fabulous stuff, and the book is amazing.

www.yannarthusbertrand.org

Great photos. Outdoor photo exhibit called “Earth From Above” by this photographer currently at CKS Memorial Hall, runs through Jan 25th.

Another site in Chinese, www.udn.com/earth, about the show.

Here is the Top 10 Astronomy pictures of 2003, some amazing pics here, if only because of where some where taken from.

There’s a pretty good Taiwan-based Canadian shooter named David Smith … check out his work at dwsphoto.com … there is one shot of a guy meditating in the trunk of an old caddy in the Taiwan section that is a real hoot!

wretch.twbbs.org/album/album … hua&book=3

I think John Ross and other footbinding fans might “enjoy” this site. I didn’t.

besthistorysites.net/index.shtml

Fantastic. Provides links to tons of outstanding history websites.

This multi-player game is really awesome… You play on an ordinary chess board, but you can move as many pieces as you want to devastate your opponent. The only limit is there’s a 5 second delay before you can move a piece again, so it takes a lot of strategy.

It’s awesome!!

There’s no direct link so
click here and look for kung-fu chess.

cross post - sorry, but the following links fit nicely in both threads (this one and logic puzzles).
Kung fu chess is cool, by the way. The lag effect can be infuriating though.

[quote]Some online logic mazes and interesting interactive puzzles:

clickmazes.com/index.htm

logicmazes.com/[/quote]

Some nice games - perhaps good for kids - at this site.

Same as this one on page 3:

By the way, you may be interested to know that the first two pages of this thread are merged from another previous thread on recommended websites which contains loads of great links. I only just found that out when I was searching for my original link above. Thanks for telling us mods.

http://www.dorts.gov.tw/english/Network/longterm/longterm0.asp?t=2004/1/6%20??%2005:08:32

Find out about the plans for future MRT in the Taipei area. A little depressing when you notice that the next additions are still years away.

phonebin.com/index.cfm
See what people are taking pictures of with their mobile phones. Yes, there’s some nudity, but they’re mostly horrible looking!

wwwcomcom.com/gallery.html
If you like wonderfully weird images/illustrations, this site is for you.

stupid videos.com

Hundreds of mostly not-very-funny videos/ads but some good ones in the top rated section if you have the patience to go through them all, although I can’t understand why some of them are rated so high.

All clips are shown in tiny Windows media box.