Recovery of black boxes from 737 crash in Iran

The Black Boxes are irrelevant now.

And not all get sent to the USA for decoding, Australia has received a few in recent years. Just depends on who has the relative equipment.

Bad week for Iran. All the US did was bomb one of their key dudes. Then they manage to get dozens killed at his funeral and blow up a plane full of its own citizens. To not look like a complete bitch without getting their ass handed to them they bomb some empty buildings.
But what impresses me most is apparent TDS sufferer @mups managing to lay blame their aforementioned royal fuck-up on Trump

2 Likes

It shouldn’t impress you that people can predict some kind of trouble when someone plays fast and loose like Trump did, with a government like Iran’s. It’s simple causation, and has nothing to do with what I think of Trump.

If anyone with a brain knows their government is seedy/incompetent to begin with, and therefore dangerously unpredictable, that brain enabled person would not have jumped at the option that pentagon officials didn’t really want him to take.

They did, and really bad stuff happened already. Just as predicted. By people who don’t play with their GI Joes in the bathtub while watching Michael Bay movies.

Almost 20 years ago, some other idiots went into Iraq thinking like GI Joe too.

Enjoy the film. :duck: :man_playing_water_polo:

Huh. Well that’s a first post. Welcome to the forum, I guess.

3 Likes

Everybody is entitled to a fresh start! I just need the one account. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You’re making a strong case for sociopathy.

How can you say such a thing when I work hard every day to show empathy, even pity for your posting condition? Disappointing, but regardless, I will remind myself it takes all kinds, for we are all god’s children Rowland :heart:

1 Like

hitler-baby-baby-deer

lol

I’m happy with the outcome in Iraq. Should have let the Saudis take over when we finished though.

Wow, 17 years after the war and the country is a mess, with hundreds of thousands dead since then, and it’s still constantly at war with itself, punctured by daily terrorist attacks and religious persecution (if you’re a Shiite, Sunni or Kurd in the wrong area you’ll end up dead), used as a puppet by self-interested external powers like Iran and the US, torn apart by ongoing protests over deplorable living conditions, ruled by a revolving door of corrupt leaders that don’t have the support of its people, and impossibly dangerous for tourists to visit. Not even George Bush is “happy with the outcome in Iraq”… what exactly are you happy about? The trillions we have invested for nothing? The thousands of troops who died for nothing? Don’t just tell me it’s because Saddam is gone, because I hate to say it but the country was in better shape when it was under his totalitarian thumb.

4 Likes

You didn’t read the second half of my post?

We should have kicked ass, gone home and left the country under Saudi rule.

The Middle East will always be messed up thanks to Islam.

The same Saudi Arabia where 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from? The same Saudi Arabia that treats its female population like they’re sub-human? The same one that murders journalists who are critical of the Prince? That values oil production over human lives? That Saudi Arabia? Yeah, that would’ve been great. /s

5 Likes

They work well with the West.

Sure, they sent 15 of their sons to hijack and ram jetliners into our landmarks. :roll_eyes:

If they didn’t have oil, we’d regard them the same way we look at Iran. We only tolerate them because we want good deals on their resources.

2 Likes

No shit Sherlock

What are you “no shitting” me about? I’ve just told you why Saudi Arabia would be a horrible power to take them over. You’re the one who first said you’re happy with how Iraq turned out, and then what a good idea it’d be for Saudi Arabia to take over. If you want to “no shit” someone, “no shit” yourself.

1 Like

Topple them all. Whatever emerges to fill the power vacuum can’t be worse.

1 Like

I’ll spell it out…

We take out Saddam. We let the Saudis take over Iraq. We have easy access to the oil second hand. We have two large powers surrounding the gulf with a land border.

I already explained why letting the Saudis take over Iraq was morally reprehensible, Sherlock. If your end-game is just oil for the US and not giving a crap about the actual Iraqi people’s welfare, then we might as well have just cozied up to Saddam. It would basically be the same outcome as what you’re advocating.

1 Like