Referendums Galore - 2018 Municipal Elections

Yes, but the population of older people is greater

so the main point of a new nuclear power station is to reduce pollution or what? if reducing pollution is such a high priority why is the banning of gas scooters not being taken seriously?

Also to meet increasing energy demands. We’ve had some close calls to power outages.

you mean every one running their AC for 24 hours a day in the summer time uses a lot of power? shocking that is.

1 Like

That’s the irony. The peak of electricity usage is the highest in summer but there’s almost always no visible pollution then. The electricity usage is far lower in winter but it’s when the pollution is the worst.

1 Like

To be fair, summers have been hotter and longer recently. And the idea is burning more coal will make it worse so.

1 Like

if they actually did something to prevent the citys getting so hot (more trees, less poorly designed buildings and actual thought for this in the urban environment) then there wouldn’t be a need for 24 7 AC use. i think education is a part of it aswell. i find it weird that taiwanese, who go outside with jackets in taiwans mental summer time need to use AC indoors 24 7.

2 Likes

But that’s so much effort. Air conditioning units are so cheap.

isn’t that what governments are for? plant some trees for fucks sake. oh no, thats too much effort, build a new nuclear plant!

1 Like

You’d still need AC under this climate even if there were parks and stuff. It’s not possible to not have AC.

1 Like

I think they are just reopening ones that have been shut down.

They should make each conscript plant a tree. When I run for office, I’ll make sure to pitch that idea while I’m jogging around.

But where will we plant all the trees?

3 Likes

not possible ? try going back a few years in history mate. or even go to the countryside. i know someone who doesn’t even have ac. i’m not even saying eliminate AC. i just saying the urban environment needs to be improved to help reduce power usage and heat. i mean yea taiwan is hot but it also has no urban planning whatsoever. its literally just blocks upon blocks. surprise surprise that turned into a heat and power problem…

1 Like

Well there used to be no heating in really cold countries either, doesn’t mean they aren’t necessary today. There used to be no condoms either, doesn’t mean they aren’t necessary today if you don’t want to catch STDs or knock up someone you barely know.

It would help reduce power usage but it would still be extremely hot in summer. Singapore has pretty good urban planning and it’s probably the coldest country indoors as they never turn their AC off.

your point is cack. there wasn’t AC but people still knew how to build homes and citys in a way that kept the temperature down. singapore and basically everywhere else i have been in asia has been less hot, less dense and more comfortable than taiwan.

basically what i’m saying is building a new plant is going to solve nothing in the long run if the cause of the power and pollution problems are not properly dealt with.

1 Like

What if we just dim the sun a little bit?

Um, they used to have these little things called fireplaces. They’re not exactly the latest technology.

1 Like

maybe we could use chinas fake moon to block it out?

1 Like

Our top scientists are working on it. :wink:

1 Like

Trudeau and Ma would never have been elected without the horny housewife suburb vote (I have a much more uncouth term but do not want to offend). :laughing::laughing::sunglasses:

1 Like

They still all have AC. Singapore relies on AC as much as Taiwan.

Planting trees won’t either. They just look better. Though yes I agree that the new plant is such a hack.

Trudeau is at least really hot. Ma is not.