Remaining anonymous on Forumosa

I know. I participated in it, Secret Santa style.
I think it went well and it could work here if enough people interested.

1 Like

I thought you guys did it here last christmas.

You could all go out and get PO boxes. They practically give them out for free in Taiwan.

And you are me.
It gets pretty crazy .

Although I’m secretly a fourth generation Trotskyist Mexican émigré.

1 Like

The Homer Rule? :whistle:

And @DrewC that is truly disturbing. I’m sorry to hear about that. It’s not always, and we all are guilty of crossing the line at least in IP, with the possible @Icon exception, but this place should be in good fun. That just sucks.

You knew the guy IRL, or just some keyboard pussboi?

2 Likes

Thank you.

And no, I don’t know the person.

Enough people on the forum know me in real life so it’s not really a secret who I am.

1 Like

and would get the sheet kicked out of them if they dared harass you, ha!

2 Likes

I had a similar experience with someone making an account just to write crazy rants to me in PM. Not pleasant and that’s seriously fucked up to do. I have no idea how someone can be so upset with you tbh. You’re not very provocative and generally likable.

6 Likes

They’re all my friends so no worries. I think most of you would find me much more pleasant in person.

7 Likes

We all mellow with age. Well, most of us here. :wink:

1 Like

Not me. :pouting_cat: :grandpa:

7 Likes

Well, I would expect Ron Jeremy to go down fighting, or at least go down on something.

He’s likable enough. :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t he going to jail soon?

I read fisting for a second.

3 Likes

If someone sent me screens of my posts here, I might give myself a raise!

I am super vigilant about privacy online. I don’t say things I think will even allow people to connect the dots, both specific details and allusions.

There are pros and cons to this approach.

The real pro is that it protects me from whatever I am (probably over) paranoid about happening. I guess it’s a remnant from that age where it was dangerous to share even the slightest details online - a Stark contrast to the climate today.

The downside is sometimes not being able to get really specific advice (though I don’t have that complaint about this forum - you guys are great and I really appreciate all the help I’ve gotten here), and missing out on connections by being too guarded.

2 Likes

Sharing personal information online stopped being dangerous at some point? I totally missed that. :tumble:

Anyway, I’m safe enough. Everyone here knows my name, but no-one knows how to pronounce it, and my saucer is voice activated. :smile: :flying_saucer:

5 Likes