Report driver without a license to the police

I was stopped in Taipei for a traffic violation. Riding a scooter across a pedestrian crossing at the lights. I didn’t have a license.

The officer didn’t fine me, didn’t even ask for any ID. He practiced his English for a few minutes then let me go.

1 Like

That was exactly what I got stopped for last month. I doubt they ticket for that much.

1 Like

That’s funny.

I’ve talked my way out of all tickets by cops in over 10 years but the cameras got me 4 times in 10 years. Can’t fast talk them. Although I know where they all are in the city now so no issues anymore.

Why would you report yourself?

https://naviking.localking.com.tw/

That’s your savior. You can delete the pro version of the app that has a 30 day trial and reinstall it for another 30 days continuously.

I did end up buying it though and using family sharing.

Don’t know what you mean.

1 Like

Thirty years and he hasn’t taken the piss easy test?

Such a wanker.

S-bend.

People always say ‘I have a friend’ … when they actually mean the other thing.

Yeah but if I say it’s me there’s gonna be a whole bunch of dickheads giving me grief. So, he’s a friend. A good friend. One of my closest friends. But, just a friend.

1 Like

I’m reporting you, right now! :popcorn:

1 Like

Let’s share the reward. One bottle of gulden draak each.

1 Like

You’re not going to like the bill or check!

1 Like

Why can’t people take the test when it’s so fucking easy? A retard could pass it.

Can you park a car?
Are you able to reverse a car around a corner?
Can you drive in a straight line?
Can you stop and wait on a slight incline.

3 Likes

This rule changed a while back. You’re no longer required to carry your license (or registration) with you. The cops can just look it up on their little handheld device.

1 Like

Good for you for wanting to make some positive change in light of so much apathy. However, knowing this place, you better be careful and weigh the consequences for being a good citizen.

1 Like

I’ve several times pointed out traffic infractions to cops passing by, they wouldn’t issue a ticket or even warn the driver until I asked for their badge number.

I can’t do any of those.

1 Like

Taiwan’s license is literally a printed piece of paper I could print at home with a picture you take that you cut out and glue on it. They don’t even laminate it, just a plastic cover you put in.

So you tell me. Does it feel like Taiwan gives a shit about driver licenses?

Your mistake is thinking getting a drivers license in Taiwan makes someone a good or safe driver. He would drive the same with or without lol. I’m sure learning to look both ways before you open the door is really going to keep the roads safe :wink:

2 Likes