Report Kinks here

This is also causing problems for many links and banners, including Gus’ own Avatar! But Gus said he was reregistering the name so it is probably only a temporary problem and redirection will be established soon.

I have to admit, I thought the site was down and it took me a little creativity to think of looking up my history for “forumosa.com”. Maybe some television, billboard, and radio ads will make this new address known. I am willing to donate all my Guanxi

With my girlfriend’s help, I now have a better understanding of the domain freeze thing:

[quote=“http://nweb.hinet.net/change-dn-doc.html”]

Will links to specific topics using the segue.com.tw url still link to the same topic at forumosa.com

e.g. Will a link to segue.com.tw/topic888 redirect to forumosa.com/topic888?

[quote=“taiwan boy”]Will links to specific topics using the segue.com.tw url still link to the same topic at forumosa.com

e.g. Will a link to segue.com.tw/topic888 redirect to forumosa.com/topic888?[/quote]

Yes and No.

After the URL has been reprogrammed at the Taiwan registrar we used, you will still be able to reach threads and areas with the segue.com.tw address. However, if you click over there (on an old [“legacy”] link) you will likely be logged out (or SEEM to be logged out) since the cookies for this forum are set for the forumosa.com URL.

I’ve already put in place a new Archive system – based on the Moveable Threads system. As the team slowly builds the archives for the forums, the links will be to forumosa.com addresses. I hope this (1) encourages use of the archives, and (2) gives more meaning to making archives.

Btw, I had along talk with the registrar this morning (it was long becuase of a slight language barrier :blush: ). I think we have things square between us – so the segue.com.tw URL will be fixed up sooner (this weekend) than later.

The wave file link (speaker icon) next to the Forums link still says “Segue”. The current recording sounds like a dictionary. Maybe a female with a sexy voice would like to record a wave file and send it to Gus.

I’ll remove the speaker this month. Unless someone wants to send me a wave file with the proper pronunciation of “forumosa” :slight_smile:

It’s probably just me being too stupid to change the properties accordingly.

But how come the task list on the top (the little buttons that start with “FAQ” and end with “Log out”) is suddenly too long to be displayed on my screen and I have to scroll to the right to get to the last two buttons? How do I change that?

And, Gus, will we get the “Print” option again that makes it easier to print out whole threads?

Thanks
Iris

Thanks for the “printer” button, Gus :slight_smile:

Iris

No sweat. I’m bummed out it doesn’t put evrything on one page, though

I don’t know why this is. It happened to me occassionally, but seems to behave most of the time.

The code is set for a “100%” width, so it should expand upto, but not beyond the width of your browser window. In other words, they should wrap around to the next line.

Let me know what broswer you are using and what version of operation system you have. This way, others who have a similar set like you may report in whether they experience the same thing. If they do not, hopefully, they can explain why.

I’m open to suggestions about how to better organize the stuff up there. It is a bit cluttered, isn’t it?

[quote=“gus”]
Let me know what browser you are using and what version of operation system you have. This way, others who have a similar set like you may report in whether they experience the same thing. If they do not, hopefully, they can explain why.[/quote]

Netscape 7.02 on Chinese Windows 2000. It’s not a big deal if I’m the only one and can’t change it.

Iris

A few things:

1- I have changed my signature in my profile and made sure that the

1. You need to make sure you’ve “bought” the priviledge to have signatures. You buy this right in the F/X Shop (see link at the top of this page – if you are logged in)

2. Read this: forumosa.com/3/kb.php?mode=article&k=2 (browse the Archives before posting – you might see an answer to your question there)

3. Are you using a Chinese language Operating System? Some characters are not recognized. Try changing your browser’s “encoding” – usually found in the View meny of your web browser

4. This is tricky. It depends on where you “start.” If you are reading someone’s post, and you want to quote them, click the quote button first. Then you will see a reply page with the text of the post you were just reading re-printed and bounded by Quote tags. Edit out the stuff you don’t need.

Now, if you are composing a post, first type the stuff you want quoted, AND THEN click the quote format button. This bit of javascript magic should enclose your highlighted text with the correct quote tags

Good luck. Post here again if you still have difficulties

1: You have to go to F/X Store to buy the right to have a signature, you’ll need 30 Guanxi to buy it, oh look, you have 30 Guanxi now

2: When this happens hilite your text, press Ctrl+C to copy it, Refresh your browser, then Re-Insert your text with Ctrl+V

3: Good question, what are people using to type their messages ? Try making your browser show the page in Chinese

4: Press the quote button, add the text, then press quote again, you want your message to show = [quote]text[/quote] it will look ok when it’s displayed

EDIT: gus just beat me to it :slight_smile:

I don’t see any Lotto stats such as who won the 4/20/03 pot.

That’ll be me. Well, it might have been if I entered… :unamused:

Huh? According to the Admin Control Panel, you (ali) won the last Lottery. I logged in last night at around 3:30 am and noticed that 17 tickets had been purchased – raising the pot to G$ 1,350

It seems like it was properly credited to you – can you confirm if this is true?

I’ll try to ‘re-start’ the lottery so that it expires every Monday morning. This way, we can all keep track of it better.

amos, thanks for the report. I moved your post to this thread: forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?p=65364#65364

Too bad so few tickets were sold. No Millionaires for a while.

btw, can anyone tell me if the G$ Bank is working? Is it reallyl compounding weekly? :slight_smile:

The G$ Bank is working for me. 10% interest compounding weekly is a pretty good deal too.