Report Kinks here

Gus, I’m convinced the bank doesn’t pay any interest on G$ stored in there … if it does, then when are the calculations made and the interest paid?

Ah, the ignore button is screwing up links.

I ignored Popo and then I couldn’t access any of the threads where he had posted.
I unignored him and all the links worked again.

Is there no justice?

Boss Hogg likes to wear his wife’s thongs when she’s out at the shops.

Reporting a kink, indeed! Tee-hee… :laughing: :mrgreen:

Howdy. Just registered so I could complain. :wink:

The forum pages don’t seem to play well with Netscape (version 4.76). Some links come up with a mostly-blank page (example: “Hong Kong Foot”, forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=8 … 20f2a3b9b7) while all others show up with unwrapped text – i.e., there’s a scrollbar on the bottom that extends for as long as the longest paragraph that anyone typed.

Internet Exploder seems to display the pages reasonably well (but on my machine IE doesn’t work well in general, lots of crashes and very slow). Well, I may have typed too soon, looks like the page I tried in IE caused IE to freeze. :frowning:

If y’all can use assistance on de-Microsofting the code, I can give it a shot once I’ve landed. (Current Taipei ETA, May 21st.)

Reporting a kink, indeed! Tee-hee… :laughing: :mrgreen:[/quote]

Sandman,

I though we agreed to keep what you and I do in private just between us!

Now you’ve gone and exposed us to the world :imp:

Maoman,

I think I’ll have to report some of those pictures over at your web site too. :mrgreen:

Here’s the message that I get when I ignore Popo. I can access the first page of the thread but not the second page.

[quote]Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/.jackdandy/segue/segue.com.tw/3/viewtopic.php on line 1283
[/quote]

I’m sorry to hear your having trouble viewing the website. Since this forum is based primarly on phpBB.com, the problems you cited are likely to be the same for other installations of phpBB

If anyone has any fixes for Netscape viewing phpBB, please e-mail me or post a link here.

Now, all that said, and at the risk of being insensitive to NS users, let me report that I’ve looked at this website’s logfile. For the past month or so, around 90% of visits have been made by some flavor of IE. The rest is split principally between Netscape and Opera, with smatterings of Konquerer and Safari users mixed in, no doubt. In short, there just ain’t that many of you NS guys viewing this website.

I normally use IE on various connection setups (dialup, broadband and at several internet cafes around the Taipei). Not becuase I like Microsoft, hell no. But its just so convenient, especially since I work off of several machines regularly.

On occassion, I encounter the ‘whacked out right margin’ problem, but only because of a super-long link that was posted in a message. Normally, one of the team at forumosa.com comes along and ‘fixes’ the link by enclosing it in a URL BBcode tag. Perhaps this long-URL problem is what you seeing (at least when you use MSIE).

I’m vry open to changing the forum code to correct for NS users, but I’ll need help in finding the fix.

Did I mention how I saw Ray Davies in the tobaccanist’s the other day?

Brian

I got a number of those “invalid session” errors that others already reported about. I also read Ali’s workaround. On one occasion I tried a similar approach, guessing that there might be a “time-out” problem since I’m using Mozilla, which allows me to conveniently open a number of tabs with the topics I’m interested in.
However, logging in, going directly to the thread I wanted, opening it and pasting the text I already prepared still gave me an “invalid session”. That continued for a few (two to three) days (still back in March) until I gave up.
IIRC, I haven’t hit the “reload” button that time…

Did I mention how I saw Ray Davies in the tobaccanist’s the other day?

Brian[/quote]

I really got you now–he was at a pub down in old Soho just a few days ago!

I’m sorry to hear your having trouble viewing the website.[/quote]
No worries, mate, it beats the **** out of Tealit! :slight_smile:

Yes, more’s the pity. You’re right, and it will only get worse.

It’s not that I’m opposed to IE (er, well, ok, I really am :slight_smile: ) but that Netscape makes some things, such as managing bookmarks, a lot easier. Also, in my computer’s case, IE lives up to its name of “Internet Exploder”. Netscape at least crashes cleanly (usually); IE often locks up the whole machine, requiring a reboot.

No, sorry, thought of that already. This happens on every topic, with or without links. I’ve seen it on other forums before; no idea what causes it, other than something to do with table layouts.

I’ll look you up in a month or so. My understanding is it takes a few months to get a full schedule going, unless I’m lucky enough to get one of the non-teaching jobs I’m applying to.

I started using Opera about two weeks ago. Had no problems until three days ago when I often got the problem Boss Hogg mentioned. It seemed to disappear when I stopped ignoring someone, but now I’m often getting the message below instead:

General Error

Games club is a bad link to an old Segue location.

Quirky