Restaurants without a door so I can sit inside but look outside?

Just like this image (restaurant name cut off so that you don’t suspect it’s an ad). Diners can sit inside but look outside easily because this doesn’t have a door basically. I want to find as many restaurants like this as possible.

I am not looking for just “night market” style place. Looking for a more modern vibe like in the picture.

Do you know any? Looking in Great Taipei area, but other areas are also fine. Any food type is OK.

1 Like

You know what country you’re in, right :slight_smile: Seriously, anything specific? There must be thousands of restaurants like this.

Thanks! I added more detail.

1 Like

How about going to a place with windows? They also allow sitting inside and looking outside.

I know what you mean, there used to be a nice place on Shida road, in Gongguan, Taipei , second floor of a building. Not sure if there now ?

Being on the run must suck. Don’t forget to make sure the back exit isn’t blocked from the outside.

3 Likes

It’s not necessary to censor it.

Lady, I never walk into a place I don’t know how to walk out of.

And I don’t want to enter any place that would allow someone like me to enter.

Second floor, no windows/ doors, I hope they have a safety net :wink:

3 Likes

It seems like a lot of the 快炒 / 熱炒 places I’ve been to, at least in Taoyuan, are kind of like what you describe, pretty open with maybe retractable plastic sheets used as walls/doors. Not fine dining by any means (but often good food) so they may not be the style you’re looking for, though.

Here’s an example of what I was thinking:

2 Likes

Fujin Tree Cafe has this kind of vibe. It is more for coffee / brunch / afternoon tea rather than a dinner restaurant but the atmosphere is very nice, especially if you manage to grab one of the street side tables.

Their IG: Login • Instagram
Google maps: Google Maps

Fujin street has other similar vibe cafes / restaurants / shops. It is a nice street to walk and explore.

7 Likes

Maybe I have to ask that question as a separate thread, because that’s a very different type

You might try searching by 露天餐廳 (open air dining)

2 Likes

I knew somebody would pop up…It did sound a bit …Dangerous.:nerd_face:

They have a balcony and window frames but no windows. Kinda cool.

Will large front windows work for you?

Yes, definitely.

Toasteria on Dunhua fits the bill. And good food.

Not as nice as the picture (painting?) inside though:

As @Steve4nLanguage mentioned, many 快炒 places are open-front. There are a bunch on Chang’an East Road, just west of Xinsheng Road.

3 Likes

Ha. Is that one old man sitting among 7 hot chicks? Is this the owner’s fantasy or something? I’ve definitely never seen anything like that there, unfortunately.

Edit: Oops, zombie thread. Not sure why the algorithm pushes these.