Richart - The first almost/kinda/marginally/minuscularly foreigner friendly bank

You need the app to verify international transfers

3 Likes

Oh alright, I have done some domestic transfers only so far.

1 Like

Honestly. As much as I would love to boycott them for the app not working. $5USD a transfer is too good to scoff at… Along with the convenience of not having the “foreign factor” force you to go to a branch!

4 Likes

The most frustrating part is that the regulatory and legal framework allows Taiwan to behave like a modern country.

Neither the people nor the companies here have any interest in improving their operations to a more global standard

4 Likes

It is a great country! Shame about the people and companies.

2 Likes

Me too!
I got approved today :grin:

3 Likes

It is possibly an Authenticator App - similar to having a PIN sent to your phone, just this one is sent to the App and shows as a notification.

The legal framework is there. It is just the way the staff including the upper management behave. Especially towards anyone without a Taiwan ID card…

4 Likes

I’ve been treated very badly by upper management (bank manager) and staff by Cathay bank. Most others rate them as good.
Account was opened on my behalf using a CPA by POA.
When I return to Taiwan and have to verify, went from bad to worse.

1 Like

I get that with Mega Bank as well actually.

Plus Mega Bank, you know, has a functional app and lets me use it…

You mean that mega bank lets you do foreign remittances into anyones name without the need to preset an account at the branch?

Highly unlikely, but would love to be proven wrong

Oh I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about receiving international transfers without needing to go into a branch. I’ve never tried it the other way around, so no idea. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

With Richart you can send wire transfers in USD anywhere in the world. $5USD a transfer. No need to get an account pre-approved or visit a branch.

2 Likes

I found the announcement in Chinese:

From 2023/2/22
Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, Fitbit Pay, Hami Pay
Richart - 最能幫年輕人存到錢的銀行

2 Likes

Still just 0.475% on some NTD that I added :frowning: I guess it takes a month or so?

Mine changed after 2 or 3 days for NTD.

2 Likes

I got approved last week, but the only thing a got was the email informing me of that.
Am I supposed to do anything now or just keep waiting for my card?

1 Like

Wait. Then wait some more. Then when you have waited about long enough, call Amy. Then wait again.

2 Likes

I have so many bank accounts in Taiwan and always got it done within roughly an hour in person and walked out with the account - this Richart foreigner account process is seriously slow.