Rock Star: INXS

This is really turning into an event, Ha ha.

Next thing we’ll be having a INXS Karaoke Competition :blush:

[quote=“Truant”]This is really turning into an event, Ha ha.

Next thing we’ll be having a INXS Karaoke Competition :blush:[/quote]

Ohh great idea for the next KTV event :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ok, I am too busy to do any quiz stuff I think, but I’m happy to chill and enjoy it anyway.

just one plea tho:

PLEASE DON’T POST WHO HAS WON ON HERE UNTIL AFTER 10PM

or I’ll set Namahottie onto you. :fume:

Well, I was rooting for Marty this whole time, but I’m actually quite glad that JD won. For one thing, I think Marty can go on with a great solo career without any obligations of having to suit a specific style. He can really do something awesome with his own style and his own song writing.

JD’s voice and performance style was great to watch. I didn’t like him before but he’s really redeemed hiself this last episode. It turned out to be a pretty good show!

[quote=“Truant”]

or I’ll set Namahottie onto you. :fume:[/quote]

Grrrrrr. HEHEHE I had a great time inspite of my day. And cheers to Michel who made us feel very welcomed in his Tavern. A great host!!! I was glad to share the moment with 7 great people. Thanks again!!!

Yay. I was hoping Marty was the man from the beginning, but last week JD gave it a serious nudge to have me thinking 50/50 going into the finale.

I was glad Mig was out first, and I think in the end JD was the right choice.

I agree with Betty, Marty will do OK on his own.

At the table tonight we were commenting how eerily JD sounded like Michael Hutchence singing “What you need”
I did think Marty got the bum deal with that final song. “What you need” was always going to sound better no matter who sung it.

So it will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I see that during the closing, Brooke Burke said that there is another Rock Star show coming next year.

Thanks to Michel at the Tavern for his fine hospitality, and for making us all feel young by asking: “who the hell is INXS?”… more than once. :slight_smile:

Rock Star: Nirvana? :laughing:
Rock Star: The Doors? :laughing:

So it’s nearly a week after the fact and I’m listening to the Rockstar downloads my friend gave me…and I have to shamelessly admit…I think I’m developing a teenie bopper crush for Marty! :blush: AAAHH**** Hurry and release an album!

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“Truant”]
I see that during the closing, Brooke Burke said that there is another Rock Star show coming next year.
[/quote]

Rock Star: Nirvana? :laughing:
Rock Star: The Doors? :laughing:[/quote]More like Rock Star: Jesus Jones, Rock Star: Ugly Kid Joe or Rock Star: Some Other Band No-one’s Cared About For About A Decade

Harsh, but seriously, how many people here had given anything more than a very rare passing thought to INXS since Michael Hutchence masturbated himself to death?

They could have rockstar: milli vanilli to replace these guys with some singers

But that would be popstar not rockstar.

[quote=“Truant”]They could have rockstar: milli vanilli to replace these guys with some singers

But that would be popstar not rockstar.[/quote]Don’t you mean American Idol? Oh, that’s right, you said singers. OH SNAP.

The Album is out. inxs.com/switch/

I have heard the studio version of “Pretty Vegas” a couple of times on ICRT and it sounds very INXS. Pretty amazing considering how and when it was written. They didn’t really change it much for the album either.

With the single high in the charts and most of their upcoming concerts sold out, INXS have got to be happy with the Rockstar show.

I saw the video for ‘Pretty Vega’ last Saturday. The guy sounded just like Michael Hutchence.