Rock Star: INXS

If you’d seen the show, you’d realise the majority of the music is general rock classics (i.e. not INXS music).
The band on stage is not INXS and IMHO is really, really talented.

Everyone has their own taste in music. For all I know yours might be Britney Spears, so save the ragging.

You’re kidding, I hope. Yes, INXS are has-beens now but in their time they were great and spawned a lot of emulators. I’m not saying a music group inspiring emulators is necessarily a good thing but you have to admire a band that goes from the Aussie rock circuit to playing to large crowds internationally. There’s only a few bands that manage that transition.

wot he got against pansies then?

perfectly nice little flower if you ask me…can’t hold a candle to the poppy of course…

Well, Ty got the boot!!! yea, sorry but that man’s ass kissing got on my last nerve. But did anyone think that he was implying racism, when he said something about "this is why people think that (my) people can’t be in rock-n-roll?(sic) :unamused:

well, I had a great deal of respect for Ty right up until his final speech (which was well rehearsed btw) when he brought the race issue into it.

Fark Off.

Ty is a fantastic singer in his own genre, which is soul, not INXS. He reminds me a little of Fantasia from AI3 fame, in that the gospel singing upbringing just comes thru in every song.
He wants success and fame in his music, and rightly so, but my guess is he didn’t even have an INXS cd in his collection before he auditioned for this show (except maybe a greatest hits :unamused: )
When he sung “No Woman, No Cry” I believe he sung one of the best renditions of that song ever, and that includes Marley’s version.
He sure does have a lot of talent and I hope he is picked up for bigger things, but INXS just isn’t his bag baby, nothing more, and mentioning race was a cheap shot.

So i was right in what I heard. No that wasn’t a cheap shot, that was just a person who lacked grace in losing. And truly shameful to do such a thing, because IF race really was a factor in this thng, he wouldn’t have even gotten that far. Affirmative action doesn’t cover talent competions. Big asre baby. :raspberry: :raspberry:

Marty! Marty! Marty!!!

[quote=“Namahottie”]So I was right in what I heard. No that wasn’t a cheap shot, that was just a person who lacked grace in losing. And truly shameful to do such a thing, because IF race really was a factor in this thng, he wouldn’t have even gotten that far. Affirmative action doesn’t cover talent competions. Big asre baby. :raspberry: :raspberry:

Marty! Marty! Marty!!![/quote]
we are on the same page here then! I was very surprised of it and even yelled at the TV loudly when he said that.

I don’t know about Ty. He’s speech was obviously implying racism, however I don’t think he thought about it deeply enough. For one thing, its a rock show. The problem with Ty is, although all the songs he sung were rock songs, he just sung everything in such a soulful way it just didn’t suit half the songs (or at least they were too much of a variation from the originals). He is a fantastic singer, but for INXS? No, wasn’t right from the start; that was pretty obvious.

JD pissed me off in the last episode (counting 4 times he’s done that). “You had no right to tell them I spent too long in there rehearsing” and “I don’t want to be your friend” :astonished: Don’t be such a pansy, man!

I spotted this in another forum (by Toe) and HAD to post this here.

Maybe when Ty was referring to ‘his’ people, he actually meant:

Who’s that? INXS?

WOW!

What a show tonight.:bravo:

All the performances were first class. As I predicted earlier, INXS have dropped the idea of a female vocalist.
Suzie has an amazing voice but tonight singing ‘Suicide Blonde’ I think she knew it was her last performance. She just lacked something and being in the bottom 3 for 5 or 6 times eventually HAD to count for something. I was pleased she ragged Dave about always calling her “sweet Suzie”. I always thought that was an unfair label considering the contrast to the image she was trying to portray :s . She just didn’t need that. (and to be honest I believe she got the message thru to him tonight, as he looked really disappointed when she went down)

Marty’s original was great AGAIN. It’s amazing that the crowd were singing along, and whatever happens I am sure both Marty and JD will be approached ASAP to release those tracks - for the hype value more than anything. Personally, I think JD’s original was better, and really is destined for recording. He has totally come out of his shell the last couple of weeks after coming within a hair of getting booted. It’s obvious he is the crowd favourite. He has matured after his wakeup call and seem very sincere and dedicated when addressing INXS.

Marty smashing the guitar? Whatever:roll:

Mig did OK. There is no doubt he is a class act, but I really feel he’s just too ‘nice’ and polished. His dancing and mannerisms are a little cliche IMHO. Definitely a great singer, but I’m wondering if INXS could benefit from a leader singer that is more RAW than Mig.

It really is getting too close to call. I think it will come down to JD’s performance next week. I still think Marty has got the best shot, but there is something rising in JD that INXS will sit up and take notice of next week - he was absolutely right when he sold himself as a work-in-progress that can only get better in the years to come.

I do believe Marty has one of the biggest hungers for the job, Mig is a little arrogant and JD is the wild card.

It really will be a tough decision.

despite my earlier slagging of the show the performances now are good to watch…i have to say watching JD last time you suddenly got the feeling he had achieved some kind of lift-off…you weren’t just watching a talent show…this was an authentic performance that transcended the ego-fest comprising much of this show…

oh and dave navarro is still a dick even tho’ he plays a mean guitar

I caught the end of this week, and was disappointed in seeing Suize get booted. But I could see that INXS isn’t gonna let a girl into the club. They must had some good times when Micheal was around.

Truant you are right about needing someone more RAW. I think Michael Hutchison(sp) was considered that when they first broke out. All I can hear now is how he sang “suicide blonde” which was really raw for the 80’s.

I still am rooting for Marty, not only because he’s seemed to honestly know what they want and is authentic, but his from my hometown CHICAGO!!!

Wensday is the final show, so anyone wanting to join a group of us at the Tavern at 8:30pm come on downnnnnnN!!!
:smiley:

[quote=“Namahottie”]Wensday is the final show, so anyone wanting to join a group of us at the Tavern at 8:30pm come on downnnnnnN!!!
:smiley:[/quote]

can you confirm michel will put the show on the big screens with the volume up?

Indeed, If the sound is up, I’d like to come in for it.

ill pm michel about it :laughing:

What’s the haps, Miss Hottie?

I aint coming in to see the pictures but not have no decent sound. I gotta hear Mig and JD singing to TRY and beat Marty.

Edit: Just sent a PM to the captain myself.

It’s on.

8.30pm Wednesday at the Tavern. The Captain has agreed to put it up on the big screen with sound, and put on an heineken special to boot!

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 041#423041

As truant has posted in the event thread, The Tavern Captain is happy to host us to watch it. The event begins at 8:30 and ends at 10 pm. I think it would be fun if truant and I have quizes about it, even though I just joined :blush: :blush: the show, to spice things up~!!! If you are Truant, pm. As for prizes I’m sure we can think of something. :wink: