Rockstar: SuperNova

I think Lukas’s last performance was excellent.

Ryan, Ryan, he’s our man. If he can’t do it, erm. Lukas can.
But not Storm, really - she’ll confuse all the guys and Tommy lee will get into more trouble on the internet.
And Magni is officialy out, apparently his head reflects the stage lighting too much.

First of all, what a fucking rocking show!

But also first of all, what a fucking rocking house band.

Now, to begin with for real this time, Dilana you fucking cow! There. I’ve said it.

The drama began with her declaration of being 34. And so’s my hairy old arse! (btw, today’s my 45th). 34! How much is that in pig’s eye’s years Diluded?

Then she goes all self-pitiable and shards the Viking. But it’s all happening, “to me.” Get staffed, you over-ripe tart. Oh, and nice job on the song too. Seriously.

But yer gone fer being such a cunt. Even tho it was, as Dave said, quite possibly The Best of Show to date…you gotta go. You can’t be cutting people.

Or can you? It is rock’n’roll, afterall.

I am a believer of Lukas now. I haven’t been so avid on the Canuck. But I am seeing his charm. Finally. He could indeed front this band.

I also haven’t felt that magnanamous t’wards Magni, much, but he also stepped it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up tonight. I was fearing for Ryan’s thunder.

But He rumbled. And He rocked. And He rolled. And He slid. And He tickled. And He slithered. And he stage-leapt. Did you see that slide? But best of all…he sang. I think Ryan Star should refuse the offer that Tommy, Gilby and Geeky should be making him. Hold out til next year Ry. You could front Queen. (earth to Dave, earth to Dave…call Brian May) Never mind these pussies.

Jason Newstad (on Ryan Star’s performance): “You get out in front of that piano and we lose the plot.”

Way to make full use of that monosyllabic vocab, there Jace. You moron! Psssssst: You are the bass player. STFU! Plot? Wanker!

Toby? Made a believer outta me. Both as Star’s doo-wop boy and as a sex gawd rock crooner. I was actually saying to myself at the onset that he should pull a Boss/Monica hommage and bring some dolly up to cut with. He goes me one betta. Or rather seex (6).

Gilby was right tho. Storm was the most unmemorable of the night. Which is saying something. as I thought she was great. She’ll be on the tongues of the judges tomorrow and will most likely get the axe.

But it should be Dilana.

Dilanas a cow. She’s too over the top and hurts the eyes to look at her. Storm sang well but nothing special in the performance. The men definitely rocked last night.

What kind of rock stars are these? Ooh! Naked streaking by the pool!OMG! I had a hissy fit and threw a glass! OMG! Poor me! Those old rockers must be sniggering behing their backs!

Punks.

John Bonham used to shit in womens purses for fun. Now THATS rock!

And the house band rocks as well.

Ryan’s out.

The only one never in the bottom three this week was Magni. Doesn’t prove if he had the most votes because it’s an “at one point” thing. Dilana had to stand up along with Lukas (Lukas was in the initial bottom three after the first few minutes of voting, but there were technical problems with voting in the beginning). Anyway, Delina had to perform in the elimination with Storm and Ryan. Ryan was booted. Lukas sang with the band. I haven’t seen it yet. I guess he rocked.

Lukas is the only one to offer anything to the band. If you watch the last performances again, he stands out.

Damn, I was all set to go to the Happy Hour, but how can I miss a night of Rockstar?
I’m still hoping that Lukas will win.

I reckon Toby’s performance last night continued to bring him forward.

It’s really hard to get perspective, but I thought that the short shots of Supernova listening to him showed they are REALLY into him. His original was an instant hit. His voice cuts thru more that any of the others.

I like Lukas more than I used to, but I feel his voice makes every song sound the same. He has got talent and the image, but I reckon I would be bored listening to a whole set of Lukas singing.

I thought Storm did OK, Magni was average.

Dilana seems to me to be totally gobsmacked right now. She is perhaps realising that she has engineered her own demise with the tantrums and backstabbing. But besides that, it’s really clear now that she absolutely SUCKS at song writing. I could do a better job, and that is saying something.
I didn’t think she could get any cheesier with lyrics after that “bring your Heineken, Bring your Bud” song, but honestly “Control-Alt-Delete” doesn’t belong within a solar system of a rock song…the thing that is SCARY is she has no idea. CRINGE.
Anyway, I think she has been pretty bitchy, so I am not sad to see her go. My only real disappointment was that Ryan went before her…but I wouldn’t be surprised if the producers want to keep Dilana in for the controversial angle to improve ratings - I know I stopped cooking dinner last night to go listen to Dilana’s abortion of an attempt at lyrics, part II.

Dilana’s song: I am wondering if she read this thread. Did she write a song for me?

I agree with Truant that Ryan should not have been let go until the final show. Was really great to hear that his songs are kicking ass on the msn charts.

The House Band and selected singers will front the Supernova tour as well. Great marketing strategy.

Storm’s original rocked. And that’s after the censors got it. Imagine how amazing it would have been if she could have sung, “What the fuck is ladylike?” That would have been immensely more memorable than that, “Oi oi oi oi oi” Aussie thing. Not to take away from Toby. I’d say he and Storm are the best possibilities to win, with Lukas in 3rd. Magni will have to go back to his Icelandic band, what’s their name? Beige?
Of course, I’d love to see Queen as the next Rockstar band, but someone at a party made a brilliant suggestion the other night: Blind Melon.

Who do you think should be the next band?

The Beatles

Can’t believe they blew The Storm outta town. These guys got their heads somewhere else. I would much rather see Ryan and Storm in the finale than Diluded and Magni.

Lukas.

I think the final is really going to be a contest between Lukas and Toby. I don’t see Magni and Dilana as being in the same league.

Crock Shit Stupid No Blah.

Is that a rough translation of the Korean product in your avatar?

so what happened this morning?

no spoilers man. I am holding out for tonight…

i am away from digi tv so i need the spoilers… pleeeease… PM me

Saw this for the first time this morning. Perhaps watching the lead up helped others, but I simply couldn’t believe what a formulaic crock of shit it all was.

All the asssorted rock “uniforms” - got dark hair and tats, need black nail polish . . . that female singer . . “you know how much I love you, baby, now times that by a thousand. Yeah!” The fist pumping missing finger flashing codswallop and oh so faux sincerety, What an absolute mockery of all that rock ‘n’ roll purports to be.

World wide wrestling goes rock. Unbelievable!

Maybe I am getting old after all? :snore:

HG

Is that a rough translation of the Korean product in your avatar?[/quote]

No. That’s kochuchang in my avatar. It’s actually pretty good. Unlike Crock Shit Stupid No Blah or Pooper Scooper Canyousmell-Ah. Just making suggestions for their new name. It was just ruled in court that they must change their name due to it belonging to another group.

Does anyone have any suggestions for their new name?

I saw the performances on rockstarmsn, but didn’t get the whole show. N/A on bit comet right now. I heard that Tommy Lee had some negative comments for Magni.

yep kiss of Death from Tommy which was uncalled for IMHO.

something like “I can remember everyone else’s original, but I can’t remember yours”

I think it is down to Toby/Lukas.

My money is on Toby, EVS.