Roe v. Wade overturned

How about monkeypox? That’s his fault too right?

Not unless “grandma” is an LGBTQ2A^~#¥= dog which has gay orgies.

Gay orgies? I type grandma and the first thing you think of is gay orgies. I cannot hope to understand.

What a surprise.

World inflation may be due generally because of lockdowns worldwide was suppressing supply. (In terms of the USA, let’s not forget that Trump was having enough of lockdowns and encouraging us to go forward while Democrats were still trying to force people to hide.) Then after everyone comes out of hiding and demand is up as never before, we’ve found that supply hasn’t been keeping up all these years. This may be true generally all over the globe.

But then Biden exacerbated the issue and made it quite unbearable now in the USA. I’ve seen you discussing with another poster about how he’s limited drilling and the pipeline and then blames gas companies for hiking prices on their own! (And I’m not so sure but that it’s consciously done to incentivize people to go green, make it more viable, Biden telling Americans to go buy an electric car now. Democrats love to capitalize on chaos, we see that already with the mail-in ballots due to Covid.)

And then let’s not forget about Biden pushing the world (or rather Europe) with these sanctions on Russia because of a war most American’s don’t want anything to do with, let alone fighting against a world power. Russia is number 3 for oil production and a major exporter of wheat, especially as they take over the southern border of Ukraine and limit their supply of wheat as well. That’s a major source of inflation. Europe would never do it on their own. Your right that Biden got this going, even though it’s a very fractured union. And this ill-begotten union has created lots of our global economic woes.

Biden’s created a global polarization outside USA just as he’s polarized Americans within USA. Major population centers such as India, Brazil, Pakistan, China, Russia (Hungary, Serbia) are being pitted against Europe.

And what does NATO need to be expanded for? To stoke Putin. Putin’s been talking for years about his concerns and noone’s been listening. Trump at least was listening, but couldn’t do too much, had his hands tied because of the anti-Russian sentiment in his own swamp, and Putin knew this. It would have been the easiest thing in the world to assuage Putin of his greatest fears and avert him going into Ukraine. Biden could have encouraged Ukraine to talk and negotiate with Putin. He could of said, you know what, we’re fine with a neutral Ukraine. It’s not necessary to make Ukraine NATO.

In American history, voters are merciless against inflation presidents. They have to own it, and that’s only reasonable. Nixon went down for a minor scandal as Watergate was compared to Clinton’s Monicagate. The difference was the bad economy was pushing Nixon out and a good economy was keeping Clinton in.

The overarching reason for inflation has been 20 years of low interest rates. Trump did push up interest rates to 3% I think, but I always thought he was weak on macroeconomics and very very strong on microeconomics so that he could avoid inflation, but Biden is miserable at both. And that’s why Americans are discontent and why we’re the biggest contributor to worldwide inflation. Just as surely as Carter was responsible for global woes due to his ignorance.

3 Likes

I dunno what any of this has to do with Roe, but my understanding is that more drilling in the US wouldn’t help, even if someone could persuade the oil companies to do it (which they can’t), because the real problem is refinery capacity, and no-one wants to do that in the US either – it’s a very capital-intensive, low-margin business. Unless it looks like prices are going to stay high for ten or twenty years, neither fracking nor refining in the US are economically viable.

I agree on the other causes – the pandemic is certainly a factor, and the Russian sanctions (which have backfired anyway) seem like the biggest cause to me. But everyone wanted those, and I can’t really see anyone backing down from them now. So things will just be bad for a while. The US is hardly alone – I heard that Germany, having shut down their nuclear plants (sigh), is now having to fire up coal plants to make up the shortfall, and is buying the coal from – hah! – Russia.

Anyway, I don’t see Democrats capitalizing on any of it. I wish they’d capitalized on earlier stability and supermajorities to force through more renewable infrastructure and reduce dependence on despotic regimes, but there we go. Now it’s too late.

2 Likes

They don’t want to expand capacity because of an uncertain regulatory climate created by the Biden White House. Why build something if you won’t be able to use it in 5 years. And yes, that has an immediate effect on prices as prices for (virtually?) everything factor in future supply.

So the Biden Whitehouse is why the last major refinery in the US was built in 1977? I mean sure, environmental regulations are a factor, US citizens generally don’t like living near massive dirty refineries. But that isn’t new, and isn’t going to change.

1 Like

A lot of it is due to the pandemic as I said before. Gas demand slumped and many refiners closed and very few open up again. Lockdowns are very dangerous, once you start shutting stuff down, It’s permanent, you don’t just start stuff up again at a flick of a switch. (Like so many restaurants I’ve seen that’s been around for decades and once they go out of business, you’ll never see them again.) And Sweden demonstrated so beautifully that it’s all unnecessary.

Then there’s sanctions against Russia (and China is curbing their exports because of green carbon targets), and both are 3rd’s world refiners after the USA. So it all comes back to roost with Biden.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/global-refiners-falter-efforts-keep-up-with-demand-2022-05-31/

1 Like

I feel like maybe you only read the first paragraph of my post, since I spent the next two agreeing with the things you’ve just restated. I have some trouble imagining how exactly things would have been different under some other president, though.

I’m not sure if you’re being deliberately obtuse or not, but creation of new major refineries is obviously not the only way to increase production. Refineries are shutting down and are not being upgraded due to the factors I mentioned. Until the left drops their vendetta against domestically produced fossil fuels, that likely won’t change. The first step needs to be with Biden, the leader of his party. Instead, he and his admin has made it clear that they want fossil fuels gone. Who wants to invest billions of dollars over 5-10 years if you’re unsure as to what the rules will be and how many new obstacles the administration (or a subsequent one) will create?

1 Like

It’s a continuing long-term trend, was my point. And nothing Biden did or didn’t do in the last year and a half would have made a significant difference to available capacity now. As you say, these are big projects and they take time. Pretty much noone thinks the US is ever going to increase capacity again, regardless of who the president is.

1 Like

The discussion was about inflation. Future supply does affect current prices. The Biden presidency has gone out of its way to make increasing supply difficult, as detailed above. This isn’t very hard or controversial, so I’m not sure why you’re pushing so hard on this.

So – walk me through this – if Biden were pro-refinery, then oil companies would be building refineries (or expanding existing ones) now, which they haven’t really done for decades, and which wouldn’t be operational for years to come, because prices are high right now? And then prices would go down right now because there’ll be a little bit more supply far in the future?

So you’re arguing that no oil refinery in America has been updated or increased capacity for decades? Can you please point me to that source?

Nope. I’m arguing that there won’t be any major increases in the future, regardless of who is president – and that nothing Biden did or didn’t do would have produced more capacity now, when it might make a difference to prices.

OK, do you have any evidence for this? Virtually everyone seems to disagree with this, though it is not an essential point of the disagreement here.

Bold move making an argument that is factually incorrect. Lots of things influence prices, as discussed above, and one of them is future supply. Others include regulations, approvals, supply chain, pipelines, etc. Biden fucked up each one.

Uh, sure, here’s the CEO of Chevron:

In Wirth’s view, the U.S. won’t ever build another refinery. That’s because it’s impractical for an energy company to consider building a refinery due to the current environment. Wirth said, “You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products to be used in the future.’” So even if a company like Chevron was willing to commit the time and capital to build a refinery, it doesn’t make sense given the shift toward cleaner alternative energy.

Do you have any sources who disagree?

Bold move making an argument that is factually incorrect. Lots of things influence prices, as discussed above, and one of them is future supply. Others include regulations, approvals, supply chain, pipelines, etc.

Okay, but are you saying you don’t think Russian sanctions are the main reason for the current spike in prices? Or that they would have been nullified if oil companies had somehow been persuaded last year to start ten-year-away refinery expansions?

Roe vs RPG. The left planks the Notorious RPG for stiffing them:

As the cries of rage, tearing of hair, and tears of anguish were witnessed on the left after the overturning of the landmark abortion case Roe v. Wade on Friday, liberals proceeded to throw the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg under the bus.

A number of liberal journalists and others on the left blamed the late justice for not retiring before her death and allowing the confirmation of pro-life Justice Amy Coney Barrett, paving the way for the overturning of the federal abortion doctrine. They, of course, also blamed former President Donald Trump.

Twitter was on fire with carping from leftist media types claiming that Ginsburg was partly responsible for the Supreme Court ruling. They literally dug up her memory and reputation, stomping on the late justice in frustration.

Podcast host Katie Halper viciously knocked her leftist hero, “So glad RBG kept planking instead of retiring from the Supreme Court.”

“Reminder: Ruth Bader Ginsberg opted to die in her seat under Trump instead of pave the way for an appropriate replacement under Obama. The road to hell is paved with white feminism,” tweeted Khadijah A. Robinson.

“Ruth Bader Ginsberg is slow roasting in hell,” medical professional and writer Gabrielle Perry tweeted.

Somehow it’s appropriate that the Party of Me puts self above the cause.

2 Likes

I don’t. it’s the Build Back Better agenda, all Western Nations are doing it, Climate change and all that, they have made it the top priority, above food production even. It was all build in before the invasion, crops aren’t due overnight, the spike in fertilizer costs was being noted back last November/December with the predictable food shortages and price hikes discussed as being backed into the cake back then.

It’s the Liberal World Order.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1542684948519419908

https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/status/1542024041980219399

3 Likes