Romantic dinner?

I need to find that special place where I can take my wife for a very special dinner. I want something romantic, with guys playing the violin at our table, nice atmosphere, nice setting etc…
Do you know a special place like this in Taipei?

I am not aware of any restaurant that provides violinists per se as an accompaniment to a romantic dinner but you might wish to contact any of the 5-star hotels and make a special arrangement for a dinner for two. Perhaps you might take a small suite in one of them and have dinner set up there replete with string quartet. The downside is that it will cost a substantial amount of money. But what price romance?

Without the violin player, Paris 1930 in the Landis is nice for a quiet dinner for two or a quiet corner in the Far Eastern Plaza’s Marco Polo Restaurant (not the lounge bar on the same floor).

With a bit of foresight and planning, most of these hotels would cater to any special food requests or even come up with a menu for you. As one hotel GM said to me recently, “Anything is possible - for a price”. Fair enough. Flowers, Champagne and all the accroutemnets required for extra wife-pampering are not outside the bounds of possibility for these guys and it is precisely this sort of thing that earns them stars; not room sizes and speedy check-in. Once you have decided you want to do something very special, I wouldn’t advise quibbling about price though as they will rapidly lose interest.

Good luck.

Bob

Try Ratafia Ristorante Italiano! www.ratafia1989.com best decor in Taipei, pricy but you certainly get a great evening with your better half!

Go down the chipshop.
Romance Black Country style.

kfc? People here love their fried chicken :slight_smile:

I’m curious too about more places. Any other places for more reasonably priced dates? The other places I’ll save for those special ocassions.

Where is this place? do you have an address please?

I will go check out Ratafia later today, thank you TC.
WM, what’s chishop?

chipshop.

A shop with chips.
And fish.

And handsome people!

Apparently violent ones.

To fish? Yes!

splash

Where is this place? do you have an address please?

[/quote]

The Landis Hotel (“Ya-doo Fan Dien” in Chinese)
41 Min Chuan East Road, Sec. 2

Tel (02) 25971234

Bob

Paris 1930, hands down.

Was actually a few years later than 1930 and rumour has it that they put their hands up!

[url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/la-terrasse-french-cuisine-in-taipei-closed/3703/5 Terrasse[/url]

I like La Petite Cusine.

taiwanfun.com/north/taipei/d … chfood.htm

Agree with the others. Paris1930 or Marco Polo. I might suggest the Polo these days because visibility is so good you’ll get a great city view up there which is conducive to a romantic mood. Ask for the “proposal” table as it’s got the best corner view.

What’s that restaurant in Breeze Center? It has a great view and is very romantic. The 2nd floor where Mugi and that electronics place is. There’s a restaurant tucked away in the back.

What’s that restaurant in Breeze Center? It has a great view and is very romantic. The 2nd floor where Mugi and that electronics place is. There’s a restaurant tucked away in the back.[/quote]

I thought that was just a cafe. And the view is just of the back of a building though if you are seated right, you just the see the wood deck and foliage.

Or is there somewhere else? But how can the second floor have a good view?

Isn’t it a Starbucks on the second floor of the Breeze center? I know that there’s another one a bit lower down, but I think the cafe on the second floor is another Starbucks.

It was empty when I went in for a gander. Might be a nice place to chill out with a book and a cup of coffee, but I don’t think it is the best place for a romantic dinner.

As MM stated, I also don’t think the view is that great–the back of a building and maybe even part of the Civic BLvd. overpass (if you’re lucky). :wink: