Romantic night out for a guy?

What would men really like to do with their SOs? I mean the husband would really like to go up a mountain with me, but day time excursions are not possible. The flowers and candlelight thing is fun, but it’s usually the guys doing for the woman to feel special and in 15 years of knowing each other, that base is more than covered… What would make guys feel special?? I plan to give the husband a nice ‘surprise’ and have been thinking about it for a few days and all I can come up with, is a trip to the NPM :loco:

Is a relaxed movie followed by pizza a good enough romantic evening or is there sth. else that Taipei has to offer? of course we have a (baby sitter imposed) curfew and have to be back by 10-10.30 PM max.

I’m sorry, Divea, but when you ask what would men like to do with their wives and how you’d like to give him a “nice surprise”, a trip to the NPM isn’t what any guy is hoping for. :laughing:

:laughing: :roflmao:

zing!

What’s NPM?

National Palace Museum

Good idea, divea. I was just thinking that we need more “romance” infused threads around here. :slight_smile:

I found that People Restaurant on Dun Hua is a nice place for a romantic dinner for 2. Maybe a small gift to show that you still appreciate him? I’m a complete dork but if my SO got me a new CPU I need, that would be super romatic, lol…I know kinda lame really.

Or dinner on Yong Kang St. with a walk around in the park afterwards is also nice. Being romantic doesn’t mean having to spend a lot of money IMO. Maybe there are some folks that have more ideas…

National Palace Museum…who knows? Maybe they have some Japanese erotic art from the Edo period on loan from Japan. :laughing: Google “The Dream of the Fisherman’s Wife”+Edo Period…fantastic art that would be great conversation for any date. :laughing:

To be perfectly frank? Make him a sandwich. A big delicious sandwich. There are few surprises in life better than an unexpected delicious sandwich. The corporations and media conglomerates will try to feed you a lot of dinner for 2/cuddle dice/candy bs, but the true way to a mans heart lies between two slices of toasted bread.

Sorry, :blush: well besides the obvious! I say ‘surprise’ coz he will have to be told (babysitter, check his schedule blah blah blah) and what to do? as in how to spend time, alone??

Okay let me start again. The husband is a lucky guy and he gets lucky frequently :laughing:

That said, he has also been doing the dishes for 3 years, giving breakfast to the kids, taking us grocery shopping, supporting me through the breastfeeding thing, paying the bills, as in not just raking in the moolah but actually going to t he 7-11 and paying them, basically he took up a lot of responsibility in this phase of our life. I am very grateful to him and I do thank him for his efforts (in every possible way) but I would like to make it an event. I could have given him a ta da surprise party, but he guys has been so busy just doing stuff that he really hasn’t made any friends here, and also it’s not his style (or mine).

So, how can I make him feel all loved and you know mushy??

Buy him a Triumph Bonneville and tie a pink ribbon around it. That would work for me.

Bankruptcy is not an option. And he is an easy man to please :slight_smile:

Except for gay dudes, straight guys don’t usually get all tingly and blushy and romantic, divea - when they begin to feel sentimental, a mechanism kicks in that requires immediate ogling of skimpily clad local chicks to get the testosterone level back up. And as you probably know already but a couple previous posts make very clear, romance for guys generally involves fun sex-related events. And good food. And a quality bike (for the real mean :ahem:) - scale model is OK if it’s quality - that oughta keep him content for a month or so. Why not tie the hike into some surprise outdoor shenanigans? Get bold!

You could also try go-kart racing, paintball, lasertag, if they’ve got parasailing on the ocean that’s pretty romantic, followed by some wine or GTs on the beach picnic maybe - make sure it’s a quieter less used beach so you can have some beach blanket wrestling once the alcohol kicks in…

Divea, it’s very nice that you want to do something special for your husband. Does he have any hobbies (or would he, if he had time)? I mean, apart from walking up a mountain.

How long have you guys been married now?

Yes he has a lot of them. He is very sportive to begin with, plays tennis, swims, body builds (at home and gym) runs, studies chinese :loco: , photography (not bad), loves movies, the kung fu er the better, he even likes shopping, eats everything, loves travelling, can sing a bit, dances like a dream, I mean the guy is a total epitome of joie de vivre and he does everything for himself and for us that really leaves me with very little margin to do stuff for him. That’s why I asked here. I am running out of ideas.

Chief, we’ve been married nearly 9 years but were steady for 6 years before that.

Yes he has a lot of them. He is very sportive to begin with, plays tennis, swims, body builds (at home and gym) runs, studies Chinese :loco: , photography (not bad), loves movies, the kung fu er the better, he even likes shopping, eats everything, loves travelling, can sing a bit, dances like a dream, I mean the guy is a total epitome of joie de vivre and he does everything for himself and for us that really leaves me with very little margin to do stuff for him. That’s why I asked here. I am running out of ideas.

Chief, we’ve been married nearly 9 years but were steady for 6 years before that.[/quote]

:ponder: I don’t think you’d like my suggestion.

They don’t have monster truck rallys here.

Yes he has a lot of them. He is very sportive to begin with, plays tennis, swims, body builds (at home and gym) runs, studies Chinese :loco: , photography (not bad), loves movies, the kung fu er the better, he even likes shopping, eats everything, loves travelling, can sing a bit, dances like a dream, I mean the guy is a total epitome of joie de vivre and he does everything for himself and for us that really leaves me with very little margin to do stuff for him. That’s why I asked here. I am running out of ideas.

Chief, we’ve been married nearly 9 years but were steady for 6 years before that.[/quote]

:ponder: I don’t think you’d like my suggestion.[/quote]
no strippers or nights out at hostess bars :no-no:

Outside of the tipsy hiking and beach action, I withdraw my earlier post, and ditto the chief

no strippers or nights out at hostess bars :no-no:[/quote]

Kid, last time I seen a peeler, candy bars cost a nickel.
I was GOING to suggest something that would make him feel like you all were single and pre-parental, but that would be different for everyone.

Or buy him a nice watch…